Welcome to Inkipedia! I know I've already introduced you, but would you mind if I added a Splatfest section to your profile? I'm known to be a Splatfest fanatic, and I enjoy helping out new users with their Splatfest needs. If you would like one, just tell me which teams you were on and what ranks you achieved during them, and I'll take care of the rest! Thanks, --Sigma talk 00:25, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oh, um... That's not really a Splatfest section you got there. Those are Barnsquids. They're usually rewards, but you can give some to yourself. You sure you don't want a Splatfest section? I can make a really neat-looking one... --Sigma talk 00:46, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
All You Need To Know
Okay, first. To add images to your profile, what you want to start off with is look at the sidebar to your left. Scroll down and you should see a tab that says, "Upload file". Click that, and from there you just paste the URL for the image you want to upload. From there, you can rename the image and you should license it as Fair Use. Once it's uploaded, you can put on your profile with the code: [ File: (url) | (right or left, what side you want to put the image) | (size of image, x#px) ] (Make sure you have two brackets around the code, not just one.)
Second, Barnsquids. You can award yourself Splatfest Barnsquids, but pretty much all of the rest you have to be awarded by another user, usually an admin.
Third, yes you can make a profile picture. What I did was I uploaded a picture of my Inkling from my Wii U, and then cropped it from my computer. For the rest, look at the first section.
Fourth, nothing is wrong with your Splatfest section, but Barnsquids, not really a Splatfest section.
Fifth, you can easily just edit your talk page to talk to me or anyone else for that matter, but you can also contact others on their talk page.
Sixth, I don't know why they're called Barnsquids.
Thanks so much Sigma! This is starting to make sense now. Execpt about my Splatfest section, I'll change it to barnsquids, but what I meant is that I want it to show up underneath all my in-game info and the female user tag, but I couldn't figure out how. If you could help with that, that would be great. (I figured out the profile pic...I think... thanks!)Skylar (talk) 01:23, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- No problem. Hey, don't worry about anything. You'll be just fine. I remember when I first joined the site, I asked everyone how to do EVERYTHING. If you need help with anything, just ask me. Oh, about the Splatfest section, just tell me what teams you've been on and what ranks you got for each. --Sigma talk 01:39, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- I don't remember what my ranks were, and I don't really care, but I remember my teams:
Also, I did get my proflie pic to work, but I can't scale it down to a reasonable size. XD Help please? Thanks! Skylar (talk) 01:47, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- No, that's alright. But if you need to put something there, defender is fine. I'm not that good. Skylar (talk) 01:52, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- YAY! It looks awesome! I'm gonna be racking my brain trying to remember my ranks and such. I'll just look at the code and fix it if I remember. Thanks so much for everything! Now that I'm satisfied with my profile, I can finally start to edit pages. I can't thank you enough, but THANK YOU!!!!!!! :D
Why are they called barnsquids?
The reason why these award things are called barnsquids is because on Wikipedia they're called barnstars and are in the shape of stars. I don't know why they are called barnstars though.
16:48, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks! That answered my question. (I ask too many questions :3) Skylar (talk) 17:55, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
Here You go! :D
(This one is thanks to http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp)This link leads to a hexagon of colors that you can choose:
- Thank you! I'll be sure to try those out soon. :D Skylar (talk) 11:59, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
Minor Edits, edit summaries, polls, templates
Marking minor edits isn't necessary, but it helps Patrollers in some way (they have to check edits). Putting edit summaries isn't too important either. (I don't always do it). I suggested that we do polls on Inkipedia, but it turns out that we used to do them before I was here. And it failed. Here is something that you can put on your userpage: Template:User page. By the way, there is nothing wrong about asking questions 😀
16:47, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
- Ok! Thank you for the help. :) Skylar (talk) 20:53, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
This is a question I wanted to ask
Hello, I realized that you WERE new, but now you're like an actual board member XD! Anyways, I saw your page and I really wanted to use some thing you used in yours, can I please take some of you features, but still give you credit? Aquastarz13 (talk) 17:28, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on much recently. Thanks for reminding me about this, I'll make a point of editing more now. Anyways, I'm flattered that you think I do so much! (I suppose I should change that "new" thing, huh?) Yeah, use what you want. You could just put something like: Thanks to User:Skylar for some stuff on my profile or something like that. But you don't have too, as long as it's not a direct copy of mine ;) Most of my stuff was inspired by other people's profiles and sometimes even copy & pasted from theirs. Skylar (talk) 02:13, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- I just remembered something: could you help me change my signature? You just seem good at it, so I thought I'd ask. I want it to be light blue, and maybe a different font. I know how to change colors, but not font and I'm not sure how to make my signature do that every time. So I help you, you help me? Skylar (talk) 02:13, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
Sure, I'll help you with your signature! (because I finally learned how) clearly you'll need a certain code, and I'll show you mine: [[File:Marie official artwork.png|20px]] <font face="Impact">[[User:Aquastarz13|<font color="#002633">Aquastarz13</font>]] [[User talk:Aquastarz13|<small><font face="Impact" color="#007399">''Talk''</font></small>]] [[Special:Contributions/Aquastarz13|<small><font face="Impact" color="#00ace6">''Contribs''</font></small>]]</font>
In my code the first thing is my pic, you can clearly find your own pic, and you can adjust the size, mine is 20px becasue I don't want it too big and I think there is a certain limit to the size... And then you see there are font codes (I chose Impact) and color codes (I mostly chose blue) and then just fill in the Aquastarz13 parts with your username ad take mine out. And there you go! Just please don't copy mine too much! Your Welcome and sorry for the late reply! Also, just take out the <nowiki> parts and it'll be your sig! So to make your sig, you must type up: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/User:Skylar/Sig and create the page and then copy and paste the code there and edit it (clearly) and then save it! Go to prefrences on the top right of the screen and go to your signature, click the tick and then put in Skylar Talk Contribs and save it! That's how you get your signature and thanks to Mr.Squid for all of the help! Aquastarz13 Talk Contribs 15:26, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
ONE more thing I need to add, a list of fonts and color mixer is on the bottom of my userpage, go to the links and also you have to copy and paste the Skylar Talk Contribs from this edit tab, just click edit and copy that, then you can put it in your Sig box! Hope this all helps! Aquastarz13 Talk Contribs 15:28, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks! That was exactly what I wanted. I hope you found what you wanted on my user page as well. ;) Skylar (talk) 00:22, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
Ok, so I made the signature at that link, but it doesn't do it when I do the ~ ~ ~ ~ Help please? Skylar (talk) 00:53, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
Ok so here's what I know, I don't wanna be mean, but I think you did yours wrong, if you wanna check everything it's all on my talk page. You sig is supposed to end up like mine the User:(your name)/ Sig ok? Aquastarz13 Talk Contribs 02:57, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
I'll just go check out your talk page then. Thanks anyways. Skylar (talk) 14:30, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
Have you put your signature in the preferences? Instructions on how to do that is here: Inkipedia:Policy/Signatures
09:17, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
Polls and more
I think I got polls to work!
And for your other ideas...
Here is the new main page if you need it: User:Mr Squid/sandbox/Main page
- Ok, sounds good! I looked at your main page and I like it. I hope we can get this to work! Skylar Talk Contribs 21:35, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
|Thinking of writing for Inkipedia Newsline?
Have you seen the possible main page? It's added to the bottom of User:Mr Squid/Inkipedia Newsline.
17:41, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hey, sorry for the late reply, I haven't been very active... but I'd definitely like to help. I can help with splattergy, but my strategies are more fun, random stuff, so I could do "less pro" tips, I guess? I'll also probably add to the art and/or stories at some point. Could there maybe be a trivia part? I just love video game trivia, and Splatoon is no exception. We could just pull trivia from the more obscure pages, and maybe teach someone a new fact about Splatoon. I would totally run that! Just let me know, and I'll try and be more active. Skylar Talk Contribs 19:57, 24 August 2016 (UTC)