Version 2.1.1 (Splatoon 3)
Version 2.1.1 is an update to Splatoon 3 that released on 9 February 2023 at 00:00 UTC. This update provided a bonus to players who pre-ordered the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass, with some minor bug fixes.
Expansion Pass order bonus available
- Players who order the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass – Inkopolis & Side Order DLC will receive an in-game battle-boosting bonus.
Fixes to player controls
- Fixed an issue that caused communication to be interrupted while performing certain actions with the Splattershot Jr. or Custom Splattershot Jr. weapons, even if those actions can usually be performed.
- Fixed an issue that caused ink to be displayed incorrectly if a Slosher and a Tri-Slosher both attacked at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where there could be a delay in recovering from existing damage if you were within range of an attack from a Wave Breaker or Big Shot and avoided taking damage by jumping or other means.
Fixes to multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where players between terrain and a Tacticooler could clip inside the terrain if the Tacticooler was set up in the corner of the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in Brinewater Springs where players could get onto rocks outside the stage.
- Fixed an issue that occurred while replaying Tricolor Turf War battles where the cheers from Deep Cut would sometimes be for teams other than the ones in the battle.
- Fixed an issue that occurred while replaying job scenarios in the Shoal. If the replay contained weapons labeled with a question mark, it could cause the screen to go black and prevent the game from starting.
Version 2.1.0 introduced a bug where certain objects in the Tricolor Turf War layout of Mincemeat Metalworks would be invisible to the players, while the collision was still there. This update fixed the issue in preparation for the Dark Chocolate vs. Milk Chocolate vs. White Chocolate Splatfest, despite not yet being playable in-game before then.