Version 5.5.0 (Splatoon 2)
Also, we made adjustments to narrow the margins by which certain weapons were strengthened in Ver 5.4.0 while also lowering the frequency at which special weapons can be triggered. At the same time, we expanded weapon choice by increasing the abilities of certain weapons that excel at closer ranges.
In addition, we reviewed some of the weapons that previously had their capabilities lowered, and as a result we slightly reverted some of the lowered values and made some adjustments to points required for special weapons.
We will observe the changes after this update and make further adjustments to Splatoon 2 in the future.
Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed.
Hero Shot Replica
Octo Shot Replica
| Splat Roller
Krak-On Splat Roller
Kensa Splat Roller
Hero Roller Replica
| Splat Dualies
Enperry Splat Dualies
Kensa Splat Dualies
Hero Dualie Replicas
| .52 Gal
.52 Gal Deco
Kensa .52 Gal
Points required for using specials have been changed for certain main weapons.
|Forge Splattershot Pro||▲ 200 → 190|
|Luna Blaster||▲ 180 → 170|
|Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose||▲ 190 → 180|
|Slosher Deco||▲ 220 → 210|
|Kensa Splat Dualies||▲ 210 → 200|
| Splat Brella
Hero Brella Replica
|▲ 200 → 190|
|Kensa .52 Gal||▼ 180 → 190|
|Custom Jet Squelcher||▼ 180 → 190|
|Foil Squeezer||▼ 190 → 200|
|E-liter 4K||▼ 180 → 190|
|E-liter 4K Scope||▼ 180 → 190|
Fixes and adjustments
- Fixed an issue in Inkblot Art Academy in which it was possible to enter the opposing team’s base by jumping over certain walls in Turf War, Splat Zones, and Rainmaker.
- Fixed an issue in Skipper Pavilion in which it was possible to enter the opposing team’s base by transferring between certain grates.
- Similarly to previous versions, the English translation of the patch notes lists the update as releasing on 24 September 2021, which was instead when it was announced.
- Nintendo of America support page for Splatoon 2 updates
- Nintendo JP support page for Splatoon 2 updates