Wassup 8-Ball Station
|Area||Enemies||Armor||Main weapon||Special weapon||Sub weapon|
|Checkpoint 1||2x Sanitized Octotroopers
1x Sanitized Blobby Octotrooper
|Checkpoint 2||2x Sanitized Octotroopers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Checkpoint 4||2x Sanitized Octotroopers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Area 2 starts with some beams which carry the 8-Ball to the next part where more Octotroopers are stationed. There is a right turn and a propeller lift, which takes Agent 8 upwards where they can continue. If they keep going up, though, they will be able to reach a beam with a Power Egg pack.
Area 3 begins with a platform tilted upward. The 8-ball has to be push up a slope without it falling off. Then there is another similar platform, but the 8-Ball should fall off in order to get it to Area 4.
Area 4 begins with a seesaw, where the 8-Ball must be pushed across quickly. On the otherside there is an 8-Ball switch and a vault, the former activating an elevator. Take the elevator up to a small platforming section, which consists of a few beams and some Octotroopers. At the top is a key.
Area 5 starts right after the key and is followed by a platform taking the player back to the vault which is opened with the key. The vault contains a Balloon Fish right behind the 8-Ball. The Balloon Fish can explode, making the 8-ball move extremely quickly, but it will have to be timed well due to a seesaw that can push an 8-Ball into the abyss. Right after the seesaw is the 8-Ball goal.
- Enemy ink can push the 8-ball. It may be useful to splat the enemy first, and then go and bring the 8-Ball.
|“||The world I knew seems like a trap. I'm drawn now to the strange and new. Would my old friends think me a sap?||”|
Completing this test awards the player with the Octarian mem cake.
Enemies and Mechanics
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||Please lead the 8-ball to the goal.||”|
|“||Keep in mind that the 8-ball will damage any enemies it touches.||”|
|“||Shoot it carefully but powerfully.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||Hurry and get the key!||”|
|“||Go get it!||”|
|“||First, try getting it onto that rail in the middle.||”|
|“||Head across the seesaw in a single dash!||”|
|“||I see an 8-ball switch in front of the vault!||”|
|“||Use that Balloon Fish to send the 8-ball flying!||”|
|“||Talk about an uphill battle...||”|
|“||An elevator! But I guess you're not going to able to get the ball onto it...||”|
|“||Keep an eye out for when the seesaw over there lowers down!||”|
- "Wassup" is the corruption of "What's up?", a phrase that was popularized by a December 1999 advertising campaign for Bud Light beer and the subtitle is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
- The Japanese title is a pun on "カセットの爪折る" kasetto no tsume oru (breaking a tab of compact cassette).
- This station has Bubble Tape floating in the background. This particular gum was very popular in the 1990s due to its unique packaging.
- Wassup 8-Ball Station is the only mission in the Octo Expansion to use the Splash-o-matic.
- The Splash-o-matic used here changes accuracy when the player jumps, while accuracy does not change in multiplayer battles. The Splash-o-matic accuracy change while jumping was removed in version 3.2.0, an update that was released after Octo Expansion. This suggests that any changes to the Splash-o-matic (or possibly all weapons) after the release of Octo Expansion were not applied to Octo Expansion.
- The Japanese and Dutch title of this station alludes to the fact that this level looks like it is under construction.
- The Spanish (NOA) title of this station is a reference to the Mexican show El Chavo del Ocho. The catchphrase "Tenía que ser el chavo del ocho," (It had to be the lad from [apartment] eight) is said by an adult in response to some hijinks the titular character is involved in.
Names in other languages
Kōshin naki kōji gemba:
Kasetsu Tono Tsumeoru Eki
Eitobōru wo hakobe!
|Construction site without update:|
Temporary Tono Tsumeoru Station[note 1]
Transport the 8-ball!
Breng de 8-bal naar het doel!
|Ball sports court|
Bring the 8-ball to the goal!
|French||Attention, travaux !
Canal à bascule
Mène la bille 8 à bon port !
|Attention, work in progress!|
Take the 8-ball to the right place!
|German||Es ist ein Auf und Ab!
Bringe die Achterkugel zum Ziel!
|It's an up and down!|
Bring the 8-Ball to the goal
|Italian||Un cantiere accantonato
Trasporta la palla otto!
|A shelved building site|
Carry the 8-ball!
|Russian||...Не вступи в стружку!
...Ne vstupi v struzhku!
|...Don't step on shavings!|
Roll the 8-ball!
|Spanish (NOA)||Tenía que ser la bola del ocho
Bola Ocho Local
Transporta la bola ocho.
|It had to be the ball from eight|
Local Eight Ball
Transport the eight ball.
|Spanish (NOE)||Se masca la tragedia
Transporta la bola ocho.
|Tragedy chews[note 3]|
Transport the eight ball.
- "仮設・トノ・ツメオル" is a pun on "カセットの爪折る" kasetto no tsume oru, meaning "breaking a tab of compact cassette".
- Comes from "Wippe" (seesaw) and "-hude", a suffix found in certain German city and district names.
- This phrase does not have an exact translation in English, but is used in relation to a tragic event occurring.
Octo Expansion stations