|Points to Fill (p)||180|
Bomb Rush temporarily allows the player to make use of their Sub Weapon with no Ink requirement, allowing it to be thrown or placed as fast as is allowed by that particular Sub Weapon. This speed varies, with Burst Bombs being thrown more quickly than Suction Bombs.
Bomb Rush can be used with:
Players using Bomb Rush can still attack normally with their Main Weapon.
|“||Activating Bomb Rush allows you to deploy unlimited sub weapons, including Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs, and Suction Bombs. This special remains active for approximately six seconds. During this time, continually spam sub weapons in an effort to take out opponents and spread ink—don’t worry, you won’t run out of ink while Bomb Rush is active. During Turf War, a last-minute push with Bomb Rush can make all the difference, especially if using Splat Bombs or Suction Bombs, covering ink over a wide area before the opposing team can respond.||”|
— Splatoon Prima Guide
- It is possible to continue bomb-throwing even after Bomb Rush has expired, but this will deplete your ink tank. Since secondary weapons consume large amounts of ink, you should pay extra attention to the status of Bomb Rush to avoid accidental depletion.
- The special meter will deplete for the duration of Bomb Rush.
- An Inkling's hair will glow and flutter while Bomb Rush is ready, and while Bomb Rush is active. This effect will cease once Bomb Rush has ended.
- The allowed number of bomb throws depends on the amount of Special Duration Up, and on the type of bomb. An Inkling with no Special Duration Up may throw up to 10 Seekers, 11 Suction Bombs, 11 Splat Bombs, or 16 Burst Bombs before Bomb Rush expires. This count can be used to loosely estimate how much time is left on Bomb Rush.
- Splat and Suction Bomb Rushes can be great for defending or retaking a Splat Zone, as they deal high damage and cover lots of ground. As of Version 2.7.0, Seeker and Burst Bomb Rushes cover significant amounts of turf as well, although Burst Bombs deal less damage and Seekers need to be launched carefully to achieve maximum coverage (especially if they are "distracted" by enemy Inklings).
- When using a Burst Bomb Rush, keep in mind that there is reduced lag to throwing Burst Bombs in rapid succession.
|Berry Splattershot Pro||Suction Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Carbon Roller Deco||Seeker||Bomb Rush|
|Hero Charger Replica||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Hero Shot Replica||Burst Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Luna Blaster Neo||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Rapid Blaster Deco||Suction Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Refurbished Mini Splatling||Burst Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Sloshing Machine||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Splash-o-matic||Suction Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Splat Charger||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Splatterscope||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Splattershot||Burst Bomb||Bomb Rush|
- ▲ Increased the maximum possible duration of Bomb Rush with Special Duration Up: 40.0% → 60.0%
- Bomb Rush can be used in Octo Valley via Canned Specials. It has the same effect as in multiplayer and can be used with any of the three available Sub Weapons. However, the icons and bombs look different.
- Splatoon is capable of using other Sub Weapons for Bomb Rush, as demonstrated by NWPlayer123 with Disruptor Bomb Rush.
Bomb Rush with Splat Bombs icon
Bomb Rush with Burst Bombs icon
Bomb Rush with Suction Bombs icon
Bomb Rush with Seekers icon
Names in other languages
|German||Bombenhagel||hail of bombs|
|Italian||Moltiplicabombe||From moltiplica (multiply) and bomb.|
|Weapons in Splatoon|