Levels, also referred to in-game as Freshness, are progress indicators in Splatoon as well as rank. Levels initially went from 1 to 20. The version 2.0.0 update raised the maximum level to Level 50.
Levels are earned by playing any online multiplayer mode except Private Battle and earning experience. Prior to level 20, your Battle Points for each battle are converted directly into experience and added to your running total. Starting at level 20, levels are instead earned depending on your team's performance during the battle.
Levels 1 to 20
- In Regular Battles (Turf War), your score is determined by your turf inked, plus 1000p for victory. (300p prior to the final Splatfest)
- In Ranked Battles (Splat Zones, Tower Control and Rainmaker), your score is determined by your team's remaining objective, as well as any win bonus obtained through victory.
- For reference of how much one gets with a win, refer to the chart on Rank, as the bonus given for winning depends on current rank.
- Also, for every point reduced (from 100 to 0) yields an additional 50 experience per point, except for when losing in a knockout.
Forge Splattershot Pro
Levels 21 to 50
- In Regular Battles (Turf War), your experience is determined by your turf inked and whether your team wins:
- If you ink between 200 and 399 turf, you receive 1 point.
- If you ink 400 or more turf, you instead receive 2 points.
- If your team wins, you receive an additional 3 points (for a maximum of 5 per battle).
- In Ranked Battles (Splat Zones, Tower Control and Rainmaker), you receive 1 point for each minute your team survives.
- If your team wins by timeout, you will receive an additional 3 points, effectively giving you 8 points for a timeout.
- If your team wins by knockout, you receive 10 points total.
|25||360||144||Armor Helmet Replica|
|30||1,320||264||Armor Jacket Replica|
|35||2,880||384||Armor Boot Replicas|
- Instead of freshness, the player's Level was originally referred to in-game as "coolness".
Names in other languages