They charge at Inklings and Octolings, leaving a thin trail of ink as they snake. They have low health, but are fast and hard to hit due to their small size. Smallfry can badly hurt players if they are allowed to gang up on an unwary target.
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- Basic Information
- They tend to appear in groups rather than alone.
- Defeating them will earn you Power Eggs.
- Attack Behavior
- They use their sense of smell to locate and close in on targets who have entered their territory.
- Once they close in on a target, they perform close-range attacks using frying pans or other cookware.
- Can be neutralised relatively easily with a direct hit of ink.
- Supporting Information
- They inhabit a restricted ocean zone, and any unauthorised contact with them is expressly forbidden by law.
- The Smallfry might be weak, but they're very fast. They often ambush their targets from below.
- On their own, they don't pose a significant threat, but ignore them and you may quickly find yourself surrounded.
- See also: Salmon Run data
|40||25||1 / 2 / 3||0|
Smallfry along with other Salmonids in Sunken Scroll 18.
The Salmonid Field Guide entry for the Smallfry (and others).
The Smallfry buddy with the main character of Splatoon 3.
- A Smallfry can be seen in the cockpit of a Flyfish.
- A Smallfry has 40 HP and causes 25 damage per attack. Four consecutive hits will splat a player.
- Smallfry may jump at an unlimited height.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Salmini||From Salmoniet (Salmonid) and mini|
|French||Salmioche||From Salmonoïde (Salmonid) and mioche (kid, brat)|
|German||Salmini||From Salmonide (Salmonid) and mini|
|From малёк malyok (whitebait) and налётчик nalyotchik (raider)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Escamita||Little fish scale|
|Spanish (NOE)||Cenutrín||From cenutrio (twerp, brat)|
Characters in Splatoon 2