Talk:Light Tetra Dualies
So, I am a new user, and not great with HTML. I did some of the template work, but I don’t know how to add the image of the Tetra Dualies. It just broke the Image. Also I don’t know how to put the box at the topi that says Future content or whatever. I need help with those two things. I have confirmed stats and stuff from the Oatmeal Dome post, and his link to a list of all the weapons. SquidDude123 (talk) 13:05, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hi! No sweat, being a wiki, you can leave things half-done and the wiki fairies (AKA people who know more MediaWiki syntax) will fix it eventually.
- Specifically in this case:
- We usually don't create pages for weapons that have not been officially announced, since they may change until release, or even not be released at all (though they usually end up being released anyway, and being mostly correct). There's a Rumors and leaks page just for that! It also makes them incorrectly appear in categories and weapon lists, which are generated automatically.
- The image in the Infobox is expected to be given a specific name. When a weapon is announced, the image will appear on SplatNet 2, which is where we get them. It's okay to leave red-linked in the meantime.
- The image you put in the gallery has an external address. MediaWiki (the engine that runs wikis) does not allow embedding of external images. Since the <gallery> feature uses embedding... It's not possible to put an external file in a gallery anyway. Incidentally, the file you put there is a reduced-quality version of the image that should be in the infobox, so it should (and will be) uploaded to that specific location once it's announced.
- Thanks anyway, if you want to suggest making temporary pages for all the leaked weapons, I suggest raising a discussion on the Discord. If it's agreed upon, I can do it no problem, I have a mostly-automated template which I use when new weapons are released, which makes things much quicker.
- Feel free to reply here or on my talk page if you have any more questions. -Inkrid (talk) 13:35, 7 March 2018 (UTC)