Here's a Sunset Barnsquid! You've earned it!
You can place this Barnsquid on your user page, talk page, awards page, or any other page you can think of. Congrats! -22:03, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
Hey Creator - great job tagging images for deletion, though I noticed many have been tagged with the reason being that they are unused. Not all images have to be used. Unused images may be useful in the future, and they may be useful for people just looking for images. I'd avoid tagging unused images for deletion unless they're low quality, duplicates of another image, or unrelated to Splatoon. These are just my thoughts, so maybe it's something we can discuss as a community later. Thanks! ~SuperHamster Talk 16:17, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
- Noted. Should I keep that in mind for all the unused game assets on Special:UnusedFiles? I wasn't sure what to do with them. ~CreatorGX (Talk) 16:39, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
- Usually unused files just means they're unused rather than bad quality. If there's nothing wrong with the image, try and use it rather than tagging for deletion. Even if it's just adding it to a gallery for use later. Perhaps an idea to start a separate assets gallery on a subpage of Splatoon. Good job! 09:49, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
Why you did delete my datamine weapons edit on DLC? ~Dylian
- The content you're referring to on the Downloadable Content page was not deleted, but hidden; The content is still in the edit line but hidden from the page itself. This was done because it conflicts with Inkipedia's policy on datamined content, which is that it is not condoned at all. The only reason I hid it rather than deleted it is so the content can be used later by editors when the weapons have been publicly revealed. I hope this answered your question. ~CreatorGX (Talk) 16:30, 20 August 2015 (UTC)
Congratulations on being August 2015's Inkling of the Month! If you'd like, we'd appreciate a short acceptance speech to add to the aforelinked page.
Here's your Barnsquid!
|Inkling of the Month Barnsquid
- Thanks a lot, ShrimpPin! ^^ I'll gladly accept and continue to do my best. ~CreatorGX (Talk) 17:13, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
I was unsure about creating weapon/mission categories in the first place, so I understand where you're coming from. I made them because I realized that, when looking for images to add to galleries on specific pages (like the Aerospray RG, which has zero gallery images), it would be very nice to have all the images I was looking for in a certain category.
For example, if we don't want thirty Inkbrush images in its gallery, all the ones we don't use can stay in the category page in case we ever need them. I think it just helps with organization, because finding images on the wiki is very hard. If you disagree, feel free to remove the categories in question.
- This can be exemplified by my uploading of that Inkbrush image you marked for deletion. I had no way of knowing it had already been uploaded, because it wasn't on the Inkbrush page. If we categorize images like this, it helps avoid duplicates and low-quality images. - 16:20, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
I totally understand. I, too, was debating whether having those categories was overkill. I suppose we could instead put those images on a gallery page, but that would create a lot of extra work. We could put it to a community vote (along with other issues), but I'll have to check with the admins about that. What do you think? - 00:16, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
That's a great idea. I think a vote would work as well. I'm trying to see about a notification system to alert people to vote (because, let's be honest, most people don't). I'll let you know what I find. - 16:40, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
Hey, CreatorGX. I was wondering if you could help me out with something. On the Splatfest page, the colors for Autobots, Decepticons, Hot Dogs, and Dancing are wrong. Autobot is actually
Magenta instead of
Pink, Decepticon is actually
Dark Violet instead of
Violet, and Hot Dog and Dancing are actually
Forest-ish Green instead of just