- 1 Splatoon 2
- 2 Splatoon
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Names in other languages
- 5 See Also
The Aerospray RG set is a modified Aerospray MG set. It has the same great fire rate, but the Sprinkler gives this set absurd coverage! The Baller lets you cut off sections of your opponent's territory, so I strongly recommend it for players who really want to control the turf!
- ▼ Ink consumption: 0.5% → 0.55%
- ▼ Base damage: 24.5 → 24
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 170
|This article or section needs more images!
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
The Aerospray RG is a Shooter weapon that fires quick bursts, players can cover a relatively large area with ink in a short time. It is also a short range weapon, so it will make quick work of nearby targets. It is in a set with the Ink Mines and the Inkstrike.
|“||An Aerospray MG with variant sub and specials courtesy of Sheldon. Give foes a nasty surprise with Ink Mines, or drop an Inkstrike on them when they least expect it.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA/EU/OC)
The Aerospray RG is like the Aerospray MG I built from my grandpappy's blueprints, only...shinier! Combining its rapid-fire capabilities with tricky Ink Mines allows for some great hit-and-run tactics.
Add the Inkstrike into the mix, and it's the perfect package if you like causing complete and utter chaos!(NA)
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Spread reduced when player is jumping so it is the same as when player is not jumping.
- The Ink Saver (Sub) ability decreases the ink usage of sub weapons by up to 75% of their normal usage. Ink Saver (Sub) lets players deploy Ink Mines with greater frequency and little delay to refill ink. Firefin gear has a 5x higher chance of rolling this ability.
- The Ink Recovery Up ability increases the refill rate of Ink Tanks by up to 40%. This allows Aerospray RG users to deploy Ink Mines and make a quick escape, refilling their ink along the way so they can jump back into action. Tentatek gear has a 5x higher chance of rolling this ability.
- The Ninja Squid ability causes Inklings to create no ripples while swimming horizontally in ink. Because of the Aesopray RG's low range (32) and damage output (20), it is wise for players who use this weapon to avoid engaging enemies directly. In case of unwanted confrontation by an opponent, Ninja Squid aids Aerospray users by allowing them to stealthily evade enemy fire. This ability is restricted to clothing as a main ability and cannot be gained as a sub ability. The Aerospray RG masters in short range situations.
- The Comeback ability boosts Ink Saver (Main and Sub), Ink Recovery, Run Speed, and Swim Speed for 20 seconds after respawning, causing ink efficiency to be increased by 16.3% for main weapons and approximately 12.5% for sub weapons. The player's speed is also increased by 14% as a humanoid and 6% as a squid. These enhanced abilities allow Aerospray RG users to quickly return to inking turf and make up for abilities that could not be equipped. This ability is restricted to headgear as a main ability and cannot be gained as a sub ability.
- The Tennis Headband comes with Comeback as a main ability. Because it is produced by Tentatek, it also has a 5x higher chance of rolling Ink Recovery Up as a secondary ability. This combination allows players to temporarily boost the Aerospray RG's weaknesses and use the Ink Mine more frequently. Because this gear only has a 1-star rating, it should be upgraded twice to unlock its full capabilities.
- The Camo Mesh comes with Swim Speed Up as a main ability. Because it is produced by Firefin, it also has a 5x higher chance of rolling Ink Saver (Sub) as a secondary ability. This combination allows players to return to enemy turf more quickly, as well as place Ink Mines without depleting most of the Ink Tank's contents. Because this gear has a 2-star rating, it should be upgraded once to unlock its full capabilities.
- The Zekko Hoodie comes with Ninja Squid as a main ability. Because it is produced by Zekko, it also has a 5x higher chance of rolling Special Saver as a secondary ability. This combination allows players to ambush enemies more easily, and utilize the Aerospray RG's special weapon, the Inkstrike, much more frequently.
- Because this gear has a 2-star rating, it should be upgraded once to unlock its full capabilities.
- The Cherry Kicks come with Stealth Jump as a main ability. Because they are produced by Rockenberg, they also have a 5x higher chance of rolling Run Speed Up as a secondary ability. This combination allows players to jump into the action after being splatted without the fear of enemy confrontation, and Run Speed up guarantees increased mobility, especially on grated surfaces. Because this gear has a 2-star rating, it should be upgraded once to unlock its full capabilities.
Countering the Aerospray RG is fairly easy, as it has a very low range (32) and damage output (20). However, because it is an Aerospray, it splatters ink in a wide angle, and can best be avoided by simply swimming backwards. Many abilities can be used effectively against the Aerospray RG:
- The Swim Speed Up ability increases movement speed while swimming in squid form by up to 25%. This ability can be used to quickly evade Inklings using the Aerospray RG, as the Aerospray's low range and low damage output hinder its mobility greatly. Krak-On gear has a 5x higher chance of rolling this ability.
- The Ninja Squid ability causes Inklings to create no ripples while swimming horizontally in ink. This ability can allow players to avoid the Aerospray RG's quick fire rate by swimming away and ambushing the opponent from behind. However, because Ninja Squid also decreases swim speed by approximately 10%, it is recommended that it is used along with Swim Speed Up. This ability is restricted to clothing as a main ability and cannot be gained as a sub ability.
- The Bomb Sniffer ability allows players to see where bombs, Seekers, and Ink Mines are located by placing a noticeable speech bubble with a red exclamation mark above the sub weapons' positions. This can be used against the Aerospray RG by indicating where hidden Ink Mines are placed. Bomb Sniffer is restricted to shoes as a main ability and cannot be gained as a sub ability.
- The improvements made by Damage Up are not major but may tip the scales in the user's favor in an encounter with an Aerospray RG. Battles with Aerosprays tend to be quick and close up, and slightly more damage can improve one's odds in such high-risk situations.
- The Aerospray RG is highly mobile and good at Inking turf; unchallenged, it can cover the stage in a short time. Comeback can help get the user back into the fray before the Aerospray can take too much turf, especially if one is using a particularly unwieldy weapon. This ability is restricted to headgear and cannot be gained as a sub ability.
Promo for Forge, with a female Inkling (right) holding the Aerospray RG.
- The Aerospray RG appears to be designed after an aerograph, a type of airbrush.
- The Aerospray RG, along with its alternates, the Aerospray MG and Aerospray PG, are the only weapons that have a 5-hit K.O.
- The "RG" in this weapon's name likely stands for "Real Grade" in reference to Bandai's line of 1:144 scale model kits for the anime Mobile Suit Gundam.
- This is because it is common for model kits to be painted with an airbrush and because Gundam models are extremely popular in Japan.
Names in other languages
|Pro Modeler RG|
|Dutch||Kladderwerper Pro||Stainthrower Pro|
|French (NOA)||Pouche-pouche premium|
|French (NOE)||Aérogun premium||Airgun premiun|
|German||Airbrush RG||Airbrush RG|
|Italian||Aerografo élite||Elite Aerograph|
|Spanish (NOA)||Aerógrafo GN||Airbrush GN|
|Spanish (NOE)||Aerógrafo plus||Airbrush plus|