The Splat Charger, like other charger-type weapons, can be charged up before firing. The more it is charged, the farther the ink will go and the more damage it will deal. Only a fully charged shot will splat an enemy in one hit. It also creates a thick line of ink, rather than many small blobs like shooter-class weapons do. This weapon is the most basic form of charger in the Splatoon series, with all-around average performance. The weapon consumes 18% of the ink tank capacity with each fully charged shot, allowing the player to fire 5 shots before needing to refill the tank.
The Splat Charger is a Charger-type weapon, designed for long-range offense. Hold down to charge up ink, and then release to fire it all out at once, inking a long path in an instant! With this weapon type's debut, Turf Wars expanded from mid-range battles to something more complex! With easy-to-use Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush, this is a good set to get used to the charger fighting style!(NA)[a]
The Splat Charger is a Charger-type weapon, designed for long-range offence. Hold down to build up ink, then release to fire it all out at once, painting a long path in an instant! With this weapon type's debut, Turf Wars expanded from mid-range battles to something more complex! With the easy-to-use Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush, this is a good set to get used to the charger fighting style!(EU/OC)[b]
|“||Charges up before releasing a concentrated, high-powered burst with excellent range. Charging takes a while, so be careful not to open yourself up to attack!||”|
— In-Game Description
|“||News flash! We’ve just confirmed that this weapon is called a Splat Charger. Apparently ink is pressurized in the tank and then fired off in powerful blasts that are super effective at hitting long-range targets. Sooo sweet!||”|
- North America
- Europe and Oceania
An Inkling holding the Splat Charger at Blackbelly Skatepark.
The Splat Charger returns for Splatoon 2 with a new visual design and a new charge-holding mechanic. The player can now store a charge for one second. It comes in a set with Splat Bombs and the Sting Ray.
- Unlike Damage Up in Splatoon, while Main Power Up increases damage, it does not allow shots below full charge to reach 100.0 damage.
- The Splat Charger is a middleweight weapon.
- Ink consumption scales from 2.25% to 18% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 18% allows players to fire 5 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- It takes 1 second to fully charge the weapon.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3 seconds.
- When charging a shot while in the air, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3 seconds.
- Fully charged shots will pierce opponents.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.2 units per frame.
- Damage scales from 40 to 80 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the damage is 160.
- Shot velocity scales from 24 to 48 depending on the charge level.
- Shot distance scales from 90 to 240 depending on the charge level.
The Splat Charger is a charger-type weapon designed for long-range offense. Hold down to charge up ink, and then release the button to fire it out all at once, inking a long path in an instant! Sure, it's a bit unwieldy, but this baby can store its charge, allowing you to swim for a short while without losing your charge. The Splat Bombs and Sting Ray that accompany the weapon complement the long-range nature of the charger. This set is a great starting point on your journey to charger mastery!
|“||A long-range weapon suited for picking off distant foes. Hold to charge and then release it to fire. Enter squid form () while holding to store your charge for a bit.||”|
The select screen from the Switch event demo selecting the Splat Charger.
- The Splat Charger in Splatoon 2 looks slightly similar to the real-life rifle M24 Sniper Weapon System, an iconic weapon and the standard for many armies and special forces around the world. However, the M24 has a scope mounted while the Splat Charger does not.
- This weapon is used on the following Octo Expansion levels:
- This weapon is tied with the Hero Charger Replica and Splatterscope for the most expensive Sting Ray in the game (220 p).
Names in other languages
|Splacharger, from splat + charger.|
|Dutch||Bloplader||Blob Charger, from blob + opladen (“to charge”) + -er.|
|Italian||Splatter a carica||Splatter Charger|
|From splat + gun.|