The Dualie Squelchers are a main weapon in Splatoon 2. It was released on 29 July 2017 at 02:00 UTC. They are a reimagining of the Dual Squelcher from Splatoon; if the player performs a dodge roll, their character holds the Dualie Squelchers together, effectively converting them into the Dual Squelcher. The weapon's accuracy is improved in this post-roll state.
Compared to the Splat Dualies, the Dualie Squelchers have a slightly faster roll and are not locked into place, but suffer from an overall reduced firing rates and no fire rate increase after rolling. They have the most range of any dualies-type weapon in the game. Shots do enough damage to splat opponents with four hits.
- The Dualie Squelchers is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 1.2% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 83 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 4 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots (10 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 28.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 9 frames after being fired, it loses 0.875 damage per frame until it reaches 14 damage at frame 25.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 4 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 6.4 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Dualie Squelchers starts off having a 4% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 2% per shot, and maximizes at a 30% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle, meaning that it takes 13 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Accuracy starts recovering 6 frames after the player stops shooting. The chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 1% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum, meaning that it takes 32 frames to reach maximum accuracy. (42 after shooting while jumping.)
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 23 units per frame for 5 frames, having an effective range of 115 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 22.698 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it travels.
- Ink droplets occur every 90 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 2 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 19.7 units, and a width of 11 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Each roll consumes 8% of the ink tank capacity.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The player can roll 2 times without interruption. After this, there is a delay before the player can roll again.
- The Dualie Squelchers cannot continue shooting while rolling. Shots will only fire once the rolling animation is completed.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots.
- After rolling, there is a 60 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Damage output does not change after rolling.
- After rolling, shots have a radius of 2.5 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate in the post-roll state is 2 degrees.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 24 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 30 frames.
- The shot velocity and effective range remains the same in the post-roll state.
Differences from the Dual Squelcher
- Weapon class: Shooter → Dualies
- ▲ Dualie Squelchers have the ability to dodge roll
- ▲ Player movement speed while firing: 0.6 → 0.72 units per frame
- ▲ Maximum shot spread while jumping: 12 → 6.4 degrees
- ▼ Time for reticle to finish shrinking after jumping: 60 → 70 frames
- ▼ Maximum chance to shoot towards the outer reticle while on the ground: 25% → 30%
- ▲ Initial shot velocity: 22 → 23 units per frame
- ▼ Time that shots travel at the initial velocity: 6 → 5 frames
- ▼ Effective range: 132 → 115 units
- ▼ Paint splash radius: 13 → 12 units
The Dualie Squelchers are dualie versions of the Jet Squelcher. They feature an exceptional combination of highly accurate rapid fire after rolling, with longish range! You can pinpoint your opponents' positions with the Point Sensor and Tenta Missiles, making you a real nuisance to the enemy team! And you can dodge-roll away from opponents who get close! I recommend them for nimble fighters who want to support their team!
Official art of Dualie Squelchers, showing the Custom Brand in the background.
- The way the player holds the Dualie Squelchers after performing a dodge roll makes then appear nearly identical to the Dual Squelcher.
- The fact that the Dualie Squelchers appear to be the Dual Squelcher, but split in two, is supported by the fact that it is the only asymmetrical design of the Dualie class, like that the top half and bottom half of the Dual Squelcher do not have reflectional symmetry.
- The appearance of the weapon is highly reminiscent of power drills.
- The Dualie Squelchers are used in the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
|French||Double nettoyeur||Double cleaner|
|Italian||Sweeper duplo||Double sweeper|
|Spanish (NOA)||Soplador dual||Dual blower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Barredora dual||Dual sweeper|