The Dualie Squelchers are a main weapon in Splatoon 2. It was released on 29 July 2017 at 02:00 UTC. They are a reimagining of the Dual Squelcher from Splatoon; If the player performs a dodge roll, the Inkling will hold the Dualie Squelchers together, effectively converting them into the Dual Squelcher. The weapon's accuracy is improved in this post-roll state.
Compared to the Splat Dualies, the Dualie Squelchers have a slightly faster roll and are not locked into place, but suffer from an overall reduced firing rates and no fire rate increase after rolling. They have the most range of any dualies-type weapon in the game.
Each shot consumes 1.2% of the ink-tank, allowing the player to fire 83 shots before needing to refill. Each roll consumes 5% of the ink-tank, allowing you to roll 20 times. The shots do enough damage to splat opponents with four hits.
- The Dualie Squelchers are a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 1.2% allows players to fire 83 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to roll 20 times.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between bullets.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 25 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 32 frames.
Official art of Dualie Squelchers, showing the Custom Brand in the background.
|View the quotation page.|
- The way the Inkling holds the Dualie Squelchers after performing a dodge roll makes then appear nearly identical to the Dual Squelcher.
- The fact that the Dualie Squelchers appear to be the Dual Squelcher, but split in two, is supported by the fact that it is the only asymmetrical design of the Dualie class, like that the top half and bottom half of the Dual Squelcher do not have reflectional symmetry.
- The appearance of the weapon is highly reminiscent of power drills.
Names in other languages
|French||Double nettoyeur||Double cleaner|
|Italian||Sweeper duplo||Double sweeper|
|Spanish (NOA)||Soplador dual|
|Spanish (NOE)||Barredora dual||Dual sweeper|