The Dualie Squelchers are a main weapon in Splatoon 2. It was released on 29 July 2017 at 02:00 UTC. They are a reimagining of the Dual Squelcher from Splatoon; If the player performs a dodge roll, the Inkling will hold the Dualie Squelchers together, effectively converting them into the Dual Squelcher. The weapon's accuracy is improved in this post-roll state.
Compared to the Splat Dualies, the Dualie Squelchers have a slightly faster roll and are not locked into place, but suffer from an overall reduced firing rates and no fire rate increase after rolling. They have the most range of any dualies-type weapon in the game.
Each shot consumes 1.2% of the ink tank, allowing the player to fire 83 shots before needing to refill. Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank, allowing the player to roll 20 times. The shots do enough damage to splat opponents with four hits.
- The Dualie Squelchers are a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 1.2% allows players to fire 83 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to roll 20 times.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 9 frames after being fired, it loses 1.2727272727273 damage per frame until it reaches 14 damage at frame 20.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 4 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 6.4 degrees.
- The Dualie Squelchers starts off having a 0.04% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 0.02% per shot, and maximizes at a 0.3% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle, meaning that it takes 13 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 0.4%.
- When not shooting, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 0.01% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum, meaning that it takes 26 frames to reach maximum accuracy. (36 after shooting while jumping.)
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 25 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 32 frames.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 23 units per frame for 6.5 frames, having an effective range of 149.5 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 22.698 units if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 90 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 2 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 19.7 units, and a width of 11 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 30 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 30 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- If no ink droplets have occurred within 11 units of the player for 0 shots, the next shot the player makes will force a ink droplet to appear at the player's feet.
Official art of Dualie Squelchers, showing the Custom Brand in the background.
|View the quotation page.|
- The way the Inkling holds the Dualie Squelchers after performing a dodge roll makes then appear nearly identical to the Dual Squelcher.
- The fact that the Dualie Squelchers appear to be the Dual Squelcher, but split in two, is supported by the fact that it is the only asymmetrical design of the Dualie class, like that the top half and bottom half of the Dual Squelcher do not have reflectional symmetry.
- The appearance of the weapon is highly reminiscent of power drills.
Names in other languages
|French||Double nettoyeur||Double cleaner|
|Italian||Sweeper duplo||Double sweeper|
|Spanish (NOA)||Soplador dual|
|Spanish (NOE)||Barredora dual||Dual sweeper|