Hero Splatling Replica
The Heavy Splatling is capable of firing bursts of ink with high range, low damage, and a fast rate of fire. Each fully-charged attack consumes 22.5% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to fire off four full charges before needing to refill. It takes approximately 0.83 seconds to reach the first level of charge and 1.25 seconds in total to reach the second level of charge. Reaching the first level of charge causes the Heavy Splatling to fire for 1.2 seconds while reaching the second level causes it to fire for 2.4 seconds. Each ink bullet does enough damage to splat opponents with four hits.
The Hero Splatling Replica is visually identical to the Level 1 Hero Splatling but is simply a re-skinned Heavy Splatling. Therefore, unlike the switchable sub weapons of the Hero Splatling, it comes with Sprinklers and the Sting Ray. To unlock the Hero Splatling Replica, the player must complete every level with the Hero Splatling in Octo Canyon, at which point it becomes available for purchase at Ammo Knights.
- While Main Power Up increases the number of shots fired, it does not increase the ink consumption relative to the amount charged, making the weapon comparatively more ink efficient.
- The Hero Splatling Replica is a middleweight weapon.
- The full charge ink consumption of 22.5% allows players to fully charge 4 times before needing to refill the ink tank.
- When charging the weapon, it will take 50 frames in order to charge its first ring and 75 frames in total for a full charge.
- With a single ring charged, it will have a firing duration of 72 frames. With a full charge, it will have a firing duration of 144 frames.
- When firing, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between shots.
- When firing, the player's movement speed is set to 0.66 units per frame.
- When charging, the player's movement speed is set to 0.6 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 11 frames after being fired, it loses 2 damage per frame until it reaches 16 damage at frame 19.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 3.3 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 7 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Hero Splatling Replica has a 0.3% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 0.3%.
- The shot's velocity is set to 15.105 units, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 200 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 18 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 17 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12.6 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.6 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.6 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
The Hero Splatling Replica is a custom design of the standard Heavy Splatling model with the same stats and setup. I'd been carrying out extensive tests and had finally created a weapon with stats worthy of something truly legendary... Sadly, I couldn't get approval for mass production as the guys down there couldn't wrap their heads around my advanced schematics... So I slapped some leftover parts on a Heavy Splatling and here we are! Looks pretty awesome, huh?
- The Hero Splatling and its replica closely resemble the design of the Heavy Splatling from Splatoon, as opposed to its redesign in Splatoon 2, most notably by the position of the ink tank.
Hero Splatling Replica is derived from the noun Hero, a portmanteau of Splat and Gatling and the noun Replica.
ヒーロースピナー レプリカ hīrō supinā repurika is derived from Spinner. The name Spinner is due to the fact that the barrels of the Hero Splatling Replica rotate while charging and firing.
Names in other languages
hīrō supinā repurika
|Hero Splatling Replica|
|Dutch||Helden-Spetling (replica)||From helden (hero) and a portmanteau of spet (splat) and gatling + (replica)|
|French (NOA)||Badigeonneur héroïque (rép.)|
|French (NOE)||Badigeonneur. héroïque (réplique)||Heroic painter replica|
|German||Helden-Splatling Replik||Hero Splatling Replica|
|Italian||Splatling élite replica||Elite splatting replica|
|Spanish (NOA)||Garabateador de élite réplica||Elite pro doodler replica|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tintralladora de élite (réplica)||Elite ink-machine gun (replica)|