- 1 Splatoon 2
- 2 Splatoon
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Etymology
- 5 References
- 6 See Also
The Sloshing Machine is basically your normal everyday washing machine...except it fires twisting volleys of beautiful, messy ink! The spiraling ink volleys provide solid attack power and leave a trail of ink in their wake. Smoke out dirty campers with the Autobombs, and splat them off the map! If they survive that, you can hunt them down with the Sting Ray! This set is perfect for splatting like a wild child and drowning the battlefield in a whirlwind of ink!
- ▼ Movement speed while firing: 0.80 → 0.72
- — Fixed an issue causing the area below where shots from a Sloshing Machine hit a wall to not be inked.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 170 → 190
- ▼ Decreased radius of ink coverage when the center of a shot hits the ground by roughly 20%
- — Fixed an issue causing Slosher-type weapons to shoot ink from a higher position than they appeared to.
The Sloshing Machine was released on November 28th, 2015 at 02:00 UTC. It launches a small mortar-like glob that is trailed by a vortex of ink . The glob leaves a path of ink while it travels, and bursts on contact with a surface or an enemy Inkling.
The Sloshing Machine's splash damage allows it to fulfill roles similar to that of a blaster. More specifically, it is very similar to the Rapid Blaster with respect to splash damage, direct damage, range, and speed. Additionally, the heavy arc of the projectile makes the weapon ideal for dealing with enemies behind cover, or enemies atop a platform, like the Tower.
These capabilities, however, come at the cost of lower attack-speed and turf coverage when compared to more traditional sloshers.
|“||A compact washing machine that's been adapted for battle. The spinning action means that the area around the ink glob also gets a dose of ink.||”|
— In-Game Description
An innovative new weapon that puts a "spin" on the classic Slosher model. The Sloshing Machine is sure to make your whites whiter than white and your turf inkier than inked! This weapon's attractions are the power of the main shot and the bonus ink flung out by the vortex. The Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush combine to send the battlefield into a whirlpool of confusion!(NA/EU/OC)
- The Bomb Range Up ability allows players to throw Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs, Suction Bombs, Point Sensors, and Disruptors up to 50% farther. This ability encourages frequent use of the Shoshing Machine's sub weapon, the Splat Bomb, which will allow it to reach enemy squids from a safer distance.
- The Damage Up ability increases the player's damage output.
- Normally, the Sloshing Machine requires only one direct hit and one indirect hit to splat an Inkling. An enemy with three major Defense Ups, however, will require two direct hits to splat, or one direct hit and two indirect hits. It takes only one minor Damage Up to negate this. Additionally, a full set of Damage Up gear is capable of dealing 98.8 damage on direct hit to an Inkling with no Defense Up; this is usually enough to splat an enemy who has taken trace amounts of damage from allies or puddles.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Movement speed while firing increased by about 11%
Throwing Ink. (back)
- The name is a portmanteau of "Slosher" and "washing machine."
Sloshing Machine is a pun derived from the verb to slosh and Washing Machine.
スクリュースロッシャー Sukuryū Surosshā is derived from Screw and the verb to slosh. Screw likely refers to the spinning motion of this weapon's projectile.
Names in other languages
|German||Trommel-Schwapper||Drum Slosher (referring to the drum of a washing machine)|
|Italian||Secchiostro centrifuga||Centrifuge Slosher|
|From центрифуга tsentrifuga (centrifuge)|
|Spanish||Derramatic centrífugo||Centrifugal Derramatic|