Compared to the basic Splat Roller, the Carbon Roller is the lighter and more mobile roller. It has an incredibly fast flick that still splats opponents in one hit. However, its attack power and range is weaker, and it is unable to squish Inklings in one hit.
Each flick consumes 3.5% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to fling 28 times before needing to refill.
- ▼ Players can only splat their opponents in one hit with the center of the roller.
- ▼ Opponents cannot be splatted in one hit when the player is out of ink.
- – Amount of damage given when the roller is repeatedly swung balanced.
- ▼ Special gauge loss: 50% → up to 60%
- ▲ Ink consumption per flick: 5% → 3.5%
An Inkling displaying his equipped Carbon Roller, in an idle standing position.
Sunken Scroll 18, with the Carbon Roller at the left.
Concept art of various weapons, with the Carbon Roller at the upper left.
Each flick consumes 4.5% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to fling 22 times before needing to refill.
- – Splash damage made higher at further range in midair, but lower overall on the ground.
- ▼ Ink consumption per flick: 3.5% → 6.0%
- ▲ Ink consumption per flick: 6.0% → 4.5%
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 160
- ▲ When inking ground continuously by holding , player will now reach maximum movement speed one second faster.
- ▲ Made it easier to ink the ground in front of you when using a horizontal swing.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers with either a vertical or horizontal swing by roughly 40%.
- ▲ Decreased the knock back distance when coming into contact with a roller that has run out of ink or is in mid-air.
- — Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticule to display outside the center of the screen when moving the camera and using a Roller or Brella-type weapon.
|View the quotation page.|
- Out of all main and sub weapons, the Carbon Roller has the fastest one-hit-splat time, going through the motion of a single flick in 11 frames (less than a quarter a second).
Carbon refers to Carbon fiber, of which the Carbon Roller is made from.
Names in other languages
|French||Rouleau carbone||Carbon Roller|
|Italian||Rullo di carbonio||Carbon Roller|
|Spanish||Rodillo de carbono||Carbon Roller|
|Weapons in Splatoon 2|