- 1 Splatoon 2
- 2 Splatoon
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Etymology
- 5 See Also
The Carbon Roller is a lightweight roller built using low-density parts for increased handling! You can't fling a whole lot of ink with this one, so use an Autobomb to check if the area's safe before you ink ahead! A well-placed Ink Storm over an enemy's hiding place will send them running. Little do they know that you're waiting to splat them!
- – Splash damage made higher at further range in midair, but lower overall on the ground.
- ▼ Ink consumption per flick: 3.5% → 6.0%
- ▲ Ink consumption per flick: 6.0% → 4.5%
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 160
|This article or section needs more images!
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
The Carbon Roller is a variant of the Splat Roller. It was released as free DLC on June 27, 2015 at 02:00 UTC. It is lighter version than the Splat Roller, allowing the user to ink turf faster, although its attack power is weakened, and is unable to squish Inklings in one hit.
|“||A strong, lightweight roller made from carbon fibre. Superb mobility means it spreads ink and delivers attacks with unparalleled speed.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)
|“||A strong, lightweight Roller made from carbon fibre. Superb mobility means it spreads ink and delivers attacks with unparalleled speed.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)
|“||This lightweight roller excels in the mobility department. Its fling attack doesn’t toss a ton of ink, but it’s coupled with Burst Bombs for ranged splattage. Throw an Inkzooka in the mix and it’s on like Crusty Sean!||”|
The Carbon Roller is a lightweight roller built with low-density parts for increased handling! Soften up the foe with Burst Bombs while you ink the ground and prepare to unleash the Inkzooka! Want to use a roller but don't like feeling weighed down? Now you can have your cake and eat it too!
- ▼ Players can only splat their opponents in one hit with the center of the roller.
- ▼ Opponents cannot be splatted in one hit when the player is out of ink.
- – Amount of damage given when the roller is repeatedly swung balanced.
- ▼ Special gauge loss: 50% → up to 60%
- ▲ Ink consumption per flick: 5% → 3.5%
- Though the Carbon Roller is incapable of rolling over people in one hit, Carbon Rollers are instead given an incredibly fast flick. In fact, (not counting steamrolling with an already deployed roller, or a pre-charged charger shot) the Carbon Roller has the fastest 1-hit-KO of any weapon, going through the motion of a single flick in a short 11 frames (a bit less than half a second)!
- Because of this, it is advised to try to attack enemies when they are close by, either by hiding nearby or luring towards you.
- Burst Bombs are great for hitting enemies that keep themselves out of your flick range, but can also be used to make combos with the Roller's fast motions (i.e. hitting an enemy with a Burst Bomb, then easily splatting them with their lowered health).
- One such combination (sometimes referred to Burst Canceling) is to throw a Burst Bomb directly at an enemy in close range, then flick the Carbon Roller immediately after.
- The Inkzooka can be used to scare away enemies, to hit unwary enemies outside of your range, or to splat far away Chargers. However, be aware that it is a lot harder to attack close range with an Inkzooka, although it is still possible to use Burst Bombs while your Special is active.
- Due to the short range of the Carbon Roller, long ranged weapons may easily kill the player if they are not careful.
- Since the Carbon Roller's flick distance is short, make sure to stay out of range. One can ward off a Carbon Roller by placing Suction Bombs or shooting to keep them at bay.
- If getting splatted by the Carbon Roller is inevitable, place an Splat Bomb or Ink Mine upon your death in hopes it will in turn splat the Carbon Roller, causing a trade.
- Swim Speed Up is a useful ability on any short range weapon. It helps the Carbon Roller close in on opponents, quickly occupy advantageous positions, and escape danger.
- Ink Recovery Up allows for frequent Burs Bomb and main weapon usage, essential in maintaining field presence
- Rollers often wait to ambush opposing players. Using Cold Blooded reduces Echolocator and Point Sensor tracking times.
- The Ninja Squid ability helps in not being seen while swimming towards foes.
- The Ink Saver (Sub) ability decreases the amount of ink required by Burst Bombs. The Carbon Roller relies heavily on Burst Bombs for mobility and for aiding kills.
An Inkling displaying his equipped Carbon Roller, in an idle standing position.
Sunken Scroll 18, with the Carbon Roller at the left.
Concept art of various weapons, with the Carbon Roller at the upper left.
- Out of all Main and Sub Weapons, the Carbon Roller has the fastest 1-hit-KO time, going through the motion of a single flick in 11 frames (approximately half a second).
Carbon refers to Carbon fiber, of which the Carbon Roller is made from.
Names in other languages
|French||Rouleau carbone||Carbon Roller|
|Italian||Rullo di carbonio||Carbon Roller|
|Spanish||Rodillo de carbono||Carbon Roller|