The Hydra Splatling must be charged up to fire a continuous spray of ink, like all splatlings. It distinguishes itself from the others by having the longest range and slowest charge time. It is the only splatling capable of splatting opponents with three ink bullets, as it has an exclusive high-damage feature that activates when the weapon is fully charged. The Hydra Splatling's weight class is heavyweight, so mobility will be impaired when it is equipped, even when not attacking with the weapon. Each full charge consumes 35% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to fire two full charges (or five half charges) before needing to refill their ink supply.
- ▼ Swim speed decreased by about 10%.
- ▲ Increased the damage per shot when fully charged: 28 → 35
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
An Inkling charging up the Hydra Splatling. (behind)
A close-up of an Inkling holding the Hydra Splatling.
List of variants
- ▼ Accuracy while jumping decreased
- ▼ Charge time increased: 2.27s → 2.52s
- ▼ Firing time at max charge decreased: 3.6s → 3.2s
- ▼ Painting range decreased by 14%
- ▼ Fall off range decreased by 4%
- ▲ Firing time at max charge increased by 25%: 3.2s → 4s
|View the quotation page.|
Hydra Splatling is derived from Hydra, a mythological multi-headed water monster, and a portmanteau of Splat and Gatling. Hydra may also be short for Hydrant, since the Hydra Splatling is based on a fire hydrant in design.
ハイドラント Haidoranto is derived from Hydrant and refers to a fire hydrant.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOA)||Garabateador HD|
|Spanish (NOE)||Extintador||From Entintador (Inker) and extintor (fire extinguisher)|
Weapons in Splatoon
Weapons in Splatoon 2