The weapon's shots resemble that of a shotgun; it has wide spread and short range, but not as wide and short-ranged as a roller. The player can press and hold to open the umbrella, which will shield the player from any attacks in the direction they are facing. If the player continues to hold for about two seconds, the umbrella will separate from the weapon and fly forward, becoming a fast-moving shield that the player can use to penetrate enemy defenses. Once separated, the player will not be able to use the umbrella's opening function for a while.
- The Splat Brella is a middleweight weapon.
- The Splat Brella's shield has 500 HP.
- The shield does 30 damage to opponents on contact.
- Brella shields have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- After being launched, incoming damage to the shield is multiplied by 0.5.
- The shield takes 2.03 seconds to be launched, and 6.5 seconds to return.
- The launched shield initially travels at a speed of 1.32 units per frame. It remains on the stage for 5 seconds.
- Each shot consumes 5.5% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 18 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Holding long enough after firing to deploy the shield uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 35.5% of the ink tank is used in total to release the shield.
- After firing, there is a 60 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding but not releasing the shield is 20 frames.
- The cooldown after releasing the shield is 120 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.65 units per frame. While holding the brella open, the player's movement speed is set to 0.55 units per frame.
- The Splat Brella fires 6 bullets per attack. Each bullet can do between 12 and 18 damage. A maximum of 5 bullets per attack will damage the opponent, so the maximum possible damage per attack is 90.
- If a bullet is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 7.5 damage per frame until it reaches 120 damage at frame 24.
- Bullets initially travel at a rate of 26 units per frame for 3 frames, having an effective range of 78 units.
- After that, the bullet's velocity is set to 16.52 units if the bullet's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Splat Brella is the only weapon with the "Splat" prefix not made by the "Splat" brand. This is probably due to a mistranslation, since the Japanese suffix for it is different than the prefix for the Splat-branded weapons.
- This weapon was playable in Octo Canyon before it was playable online. Even completing all stages with it would not unlock the Hero Brella until it was released online.
- It has been suggested that this is Marina's preferred weapon.
Names in other languages
|Parashelter, a portmanteau of "parasol" and "shelter"|
|Dutch||Plenzer||From plenzen (heavy rain) and -er, suffix used for machinery|
|French||Para-encre||From parapluie (umbrella) and encre (ink)|
|Italian||Sparasole||From spara (shoot) and parasole (umbrella)|
|Spanish||Paratintas||From paraguas (umbrella, which itself is from parar (to stop) and agua (water)) and tinta (ink)|