The weapon's shots resemble that of a shotgun; it has wide spread and short range, but not as wide and short-ranged as a roller. The player can press and hold to open the umbrella, which will shield the player from any attacks in the direction they are facing. If the player continues to hold for about two seconds, the umbrella will separate from the weapon and fly forward, becoming a fast-moving shield that the player can use to penetrate enemy defenses. Once separated, the player will not be able to use the umbrella's opening function for a few seconds.
- The Splat Brella is a middleweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 125. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The Splat Brella's canopy has 500 HP.
- Brella canopies have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- The canopy takes 0.2 seconds to open.
- The canopy does 30 damage to opponents on contact.
- The canopy takes 2.03 seconds to be launched, and 6.5 seconds to return.
- The launched canopy initially travels at a speed of 1.32 units per frame. It remains on the stage for 5 seconds.
- After being launched, incoming damage to the canopy is multiplied by 0.5.
- Each shot consumes 6.325% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 15 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Holding long enough after firing to release the canopy uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 36.325% of the ink tank is used in total to release the canopy.
- After firing, there is a 1 second cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding open but not releasing the canopy is 0.33 seconds.
- The cooldown after releasing the canopy is 2 seconds.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the shot takes 15 frames to come out.
- After firing, 16 frames must pass before the player can fire another shot.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 20 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.65 units per frame. While holding the brella open, the player's movement speed is set to 0.55 units per frame.
- The Splat Brella fires 6 projectiles per shot. Each projectile can do between 10.8 and 16.2 damage. A maximum of 5 projectiles per shot will damage the opponent, so the maximum possible damage per shot is 81.
- If a projectile is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 0.3375 damage per frame until it reaches 10.8 damage at frame 24.
- Shots can deviate 6 degrees horizontally and 4 degrees vertically.
- Projectiles initially travel at a rate of 26 units per frame for 3 frames, having an effective range of 78 units.
- After that, the projectile's velocity is set to 16.52 units if the projectile's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
This here is the Splat Brella. It features a completely different fighting style than any other weapon type. You can scatter ink in front of you with ! But if you keep holding , your umbrella will open up, shielding you from enemy attacks! Furthermore, if you hold even longer, you can launch the umbrella shield, and it'll zoom forward while blocking attacks! The Sprinkler sub weapon and the Ink Storm special further enhance your support capabilities. This is a great set for getting your head around the brella!
|“||It features a completely different combat style than any other weapon type. Inklings can use it to scatter ink before them by firing. However, by holding the button, the umbrella will open up and shield them from enemy attacks. But if that wasn't enough, holding even longer will launch the umbrella shield, blocking attacks as it zooms ahead. Completing this set is the Sprinkler sub weapon and the Ink Storm special... to rain on opponents' parade.||”|
- The Splat Brella is the only weapon with the "Splat" prefix not made by the "Splat" brand. This is probably due to a mistranslation since the Japanese suffix for it is different than the prefix for the Splat-branded weapons.
- This weapon was playable in Octo Canyon as the Hero Brella before it was playable online. Even completing all stages with it would not unlock the Hero Brella Replica until it was released online.
- The Splat Brella is used in the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
|Parashelter, from parasol + shelter.|
|Dutch||Plenzer||From plenzen (“to rain heavily”) + -er.|
|French||Para-encre||From parapluie (“umbrella”) + encre (“ink”).|
|Italian||Sparasole||From sparare (“to shoot”) + parasole (“umbrella”).|
|Spanish||Paratintas||From paraguas (“umbrella”) which comes from parar (“to stop”) + agua (“water”), + tinta (“ink”).|