Like other blasters, the Luna Blaster fires an explosive round that lets it deal damage to opponents hiding behind obstacles or around corners. It takes one direct hit or two indirect hits to splat an opponent, but shooting the opponent directly rather than relying on the blast takes careful and precise aim due the weapon's low firing rate. However, out of all blasters that can splat opponents in one direct hit (Luna Blaster, Blaster, Range Blaster), the Luna Blaster actually has the fastest fire rate, and the largest blast size.
The Luna Blaster was released on June 24th, 2015 at 02:00 UTC. It comes in a set with Ink Mines and the Inkzooka. It consumes 6% of the ink tank capacity with each shot, and the tank recovers 1.67% of its capacity between each shot, allowing the player to fire 22 shots before having to refill their ink supply.
- ▼ Blast wave maximum damage: 125.0 → 80.0 (100.0 with Damage Up)
- ▼ Special gauge loss: 50% → up to 60%
- ▲ Special guage loss: 60% → down to 40%
An Inkling girl running with a Luna Blaster.
Art for Splatoon's first anniversary, with an Inkling (center) with the Luna Blaster.
The Luna Blaster returns in Splatoon 2 with a modified color scheme and slightly tweaked performance. It comes with the Splat Bomb and Baller. It consumes 9% of the ink tank capacity with each shot, allowing the player to fire 11 shots before having to refill their ink supply.
- ▼ Ink consumption per shot: 6% → 9%
- ▲ Movement speed while firing: 0.50 → 0.55
- ▲ Reduced wobble when firing immediately after jumping by 17%
- ▲ Reduced duration of wobble time when firing after jumping by 1/4 of a second
- ▲ Increased radius of ink coverage when shots hit a wall.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Luna Blaster appears to be a jet turbine; with the protruding parts representing the oxygen intake.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Proxiblasteur||Proximity Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Proxiblaster||Proximity Blaster|
|Italian||Blaster lunar||Lunar Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Lanzamotas Nova||Nova Speck Thrower|
- Splatoon Squid Research Lab on Tumblr. SplatoonUS (2015-06-23). Retrieved on 2015 June 23.
Weapons in Splatoon
Weapons in Splatoon 2