Like other blasters, the Luna Blaster fires an explosive round that lets it deal damage to opponents hiding behind obstacles or around corners. It takes one direct hit or two indirect hits to splat an opponent, but shooting the opponent directly rather than relying on the blast takes careful and precise aim due the weapon's low firing rate. However, out of all blasters that can splat opponents in one direct hit (Luna Blaster, Blaster, Range Blaster), the Luna Blaster actually has the fastest fire rate, and the largest blast size, but the lowest range. The weapon's weight class is Light, so mobility will be raised when it is equipped, even when attacking with the weapon.
The Luna Blaster was released on 24 June 2015 at 02:00 UTC. It comes in a set with Ink Mines and the Inkzooka. It consumes 6% of the ink tank capacity with each shot, and the tank recovers 1.67% of its capacity between each shot, allowing the player to fire 22 shots before having to refill their ink supply.
An Inkling girl running with a Luna Blaster
Art for Splatoon's first anniversary, with an Inkling (center) with the Luna Blaster
The Luna Blaster returns in Splatoon 2 with a modified color scheme and slightly tweaked performance. It comes with the Splat Bomb and Baller. It consumes 9% of the ink tank capacity with each shot, allowing the player to fire 11 shots before having to refill their ink supply.
- The Luna Blaster is a lightweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 7.5% allows players to fire 13 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 7 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes ? frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 40 frames between shots.
|View the quotation page.|
- In Splatoon, the Luna Blaster and its variant, as well as the Inkbrush and its variants have the shortest range stat in the game.
- The Luna Blaster appears to be a jet turbine; with the protruding parts representing the oxygen intake.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Proxiblasteur||Proximity Blaster|
|French (NOE)||Proxiblaster||Proximity Blaster|
|Italian||Blaster lunar||Lunar Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Lanzamotas Nova||Nova Speck Thrower|
- Splatoon Squid Research Lab on Tumblr. SplatoonUS (2015-06-23). Retrieved on 2015 June 23.