Version 5.1.0 (Splatoon 2)
|“||With this update, we have made adjustments to the abilities of certain weapons to effectively hold the line of battle or to ink turf from afar. However, we have limited these adjustments in such a way that they should not affect weapon selection for players experienced with using these weapons.
Following this update, we plan to consider similar adjustments for many other weapons going forward. Additionally, we will continue to watch for and analyze weapons that appear to have few or no drawbacks, and that also perform well against all other weapons.
We plan to distribute the next update in late April 2020.
Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed.
| Luna Blaster
| L-3 Nozzlenose
| Splat Charger
| Bamboozler 14 Mk I
Specifications for some of the special weapons have been changed.
Points required to fill the special gauge for some weapons have been changed.
| Tentatek Splattershot
||▲ 210 → 200|
||▲ 180 → 170|
|Enperry Splat Dualies||▲ 210 → 200|
|L-3 Nozzlenose||▼ 190 → 210|
|L-3 Nozzlenose D||▼ 180 → 200|
|Bamboozler 14 Mk I||▼ 180 → 200|
|Soda Slosher||▼ 200 → 210|
|Tenta Camo Brella||▼ 200 → 210|
- There were multiple minor discrepancies between the original Japanese patch notes and the English translation.
- The update information for the Splatterscope and its variants was missing.
- The North American website incorrectly listed the update as releasing on 8 January 2020, when it actually released on 6 January 2020. This was later corrected.
- A Japanese data miner found a string of text in this update (Msg_EndCalico) that hints at SplatNet 2's termination.
- The text reads: “The SplatNet 2 service has been discontinued” when translated from Japanese.