|“||You charge up power while floating upward, then slam down to the ground, attacking the surrounding area. The range of the attack is wider if used from an elevated area. It can also be used during a Super Jump!||”|
— In-game description
The Splashdown is a special weapon in Splatoon 2. An Inkling using it strikes the ground with heavy force, causing an ink explosion around them. Using it on the ground will cause the player to jump up with a short delay, but it can also be used from the air or during a Super Jump.
A player using Splashdown is briefly vulnerable to attacks. Similar to Ink Armor, the player can be splatted before the activation animation is finished. The weapon is more effective in the air, while the Inkling is Super Jumping. A radius displays when the Splashdown is used; this radius indicates the weapon's one-hit-splat range. Opponents just outside this area will still take significant damage.
In Salmon Run, the Splashdown's range is always the same range when using a Super Jump.
- Damage values: 180, 70, 55.
- 180 damage range: 0 → ~1.4 bar radius.
- 70 damage range: ~1.3 → ~2.0 bar radius.
- 55 damage range: ~2.1 → ~2.9 bar radius.
- Height increases the 180 damage radius, but not any other radius.
- Splashdown wind-up delay: 1.2 seconds.
- Delay decreased by 60% when used during a super jump. Down to 0.8 seconds.
- Invincibility duration: 0.75 seconds.
- Begins at the apex of the jump and lasts until ink disperses.
- Special Power Up: Radius of 180 damage increased. Maximum 70 damage radius and 40 damage radius unchanged. Inking range unchanged.
- The Splashdown should not be used as a panic button; it is easily escapable if the opponents have space to swim away, and the user remains vulnerable while rising up at the start of the attack.
- If a distant ally appears to be in trouble, it may be possible to save (or at least avenge) them with a Super Jump Splashdown. Quick Super Jump can help with this.
- ▲ Decreased amount of time the player remains at the peak height of their jump by 10/60 of a second.
- ▲ Increased the peak height of the Splashdown jump by roughly 31%.
- ▲ Increased the minimum damage caused by the Splashdown: 40.0 → 55.0
- ▲ Decreased the points required to use the Splashdown special for certain main weapons it is paired with.
An Inkling using the Splashdown.
Names in other languages
|French||Choc chromatique||Ink shock|
|Spanish (NOE)||Salto explosivo||Explosive Jump|