An Inkling using it strikes the ground with heavy force, causing an ink explosion around them. Using it on the ground will cause the player to jump up with a short delay, but it can also be used from the air or during a Super Jump. If the player is splatted while in the air, they will only get a 25% special penalty (40% if opponent has Respawn Punisher or Haunt).
A player using Splashdown is briefly vulnerable to attacks. Similar to Ink Armor, the player can be splatted before the activation animation is finished. The weapon is more effective in the air, while the Inkling is Super Jumping. A radius displays when the Splashdown is used; this radius indicates the weapon's one-hit-splat range. Opponents just outside this area will still take significant damage.
In Salmon Run, the Splashdown's range is always the same range when using a Super Jump.
- Damage values: 180, 70, 55.
- 180 damage range: 0 → ~1.4 bar radius.
- 70 damage range: ~1.3 → ~2.0 bar radius.
- 55 damage range: ~2.1 → ~2.9 bar radius.
- Height increases the 180 damage radius, but not any other radius.
- Splashdown wind-up delay: 1.2 seconds.
- Delay decreased by 60% when used during a super jump. Down to 0.8 seconds.
- Invincibility duration: 5 frames during the rise and 30 frames after landing.
- Special Power Up: Radius of 180 damage increased. Maximum 70 damage radius and 55 damage radius unchanged. Inking range unchanged.
|“||You charge up power while floating upward, then slam down to the ground, attacking the surrounding area. The range of the attack is wider if used from an elevated area. It can also be used during a Super Jump!||”|
|“||Charge up as you climb into the air, then hit the ground with explosive force. Use it from high places to broaden the range of the attack. You can also use the Splashdown during a Super Jump.||”|
— Splatoon 2 Sub & Special Guide(EU)[b]
- North America and Oceania
An Inkling using the Splashdown.
- Moving or shooting after Splashdown cancels the end of the player's animation of the Special.
- The weapons that have the lowest special points for Splashdown are the Inkbrush and Undercover Brella at 150p each, while the highest are the Kensa Sloshing Machine and Dark Tetra Dualies with 190p each.
- There are no sets with Point Sensor, Sprinkler or Squid Beakon paired with Splashdown.
- Splashdown is one of only three specials to be appear at least once within every weapon class.
Names in other languages
|French||Choc chromatique||Ink shock|
|Spanish (NOE)||Salto explosivo||Explosive Jump|