The Splashdown, when activated, coats the user in their ink and makes their right fist larger. Some rings then appear where the Splashdown will land. Upon landing, the Splashdown creates a cylinder of ink with some ink splashing out at the edges. Said cylinder spreads outwards until it reaches its maximum diameter.
The player using the Splashdown strikes the ground with heavy force, causing an ink explosion around them. Using it on the ground causes the player to jump up with a short delay, but it can also be used from the air or during a Super Jump. If the player is splatted while in the air, they only get a 25% special gauge penalty, or 40% if the opponent has Respawn Punisher or Haunt.
A player using Splashdown is briefly vulnerable to attacks. Similar to the Ink Armor, the player can be splatted before the activation animation is finished. The weapon is more effective in the air, while the player is Super Jumping. A radius displays when the Splashdown is used; this radius indicates the weapon's one-hit-splat range. Opponents just outside this area still take significant damage.
In Salmon Run, the Splashdown's range is always the same range when using a Super Jump.
- Damage values: 180, 70, 55.
- 180 damage range: 0 → ~1.4 bar radius.
- 70 damage range: ~1.3 → ~2.0 bar radius.
- 55 damage range: ~2.1 → ~2.9 bar radius.
- Height increases the 180 damage radius, but not any other radius.
- Splashdown wind-up delay: 1.2 seconds.
- Delay decreased by 60% when used during a super jump. Down to 0.8 seconds.
- Invincibility duration: 5 frames during the rise and 30 frames after landing.
- Special Power Up: Radius of 180 damage increased. Maximum 70 damage radius and 55 damage radius unchanged. Inking range unchanged.
|“||You charge up power while floating upward, then slam down to the ground, attacking the surrounding area. The range of the attack is wider if used from an elevated area. It can also be used during a Super Jump!||”|
|“||Charge up as you climb into the air, then hit the ground with explosive force. Use it from high places to broaden the range of the attack. You can also use the Splashdown during a Super Jump.||”|
— Splatoon 2 Sub & Special Guide(EU)[b]
- North America and Oceania
An Inkling using the Splashdown.
The Splashdown does not return in any multiplayer modes in Splatoon 3. However, it returns in Return of the Mammalians single-player campaign from the same game as Agent 3's default special weapon while using the Hero Suit. It can be used after filling the special gauge but gets temporarily replaced if a canned special weapon is collected. Like in Splatoon 2, the player jumps in the air and lands on the ground, causing a heavy ink explosion around them. The Splashdown is also available in a level outside of the Hero Suit, it being:
For competitive tips about the Splashdown
|View the strategy page.|
- Moving or shooting after Splashdown cancels the end of the player's animation of the Special.
- The weapons that have the lowest special points for Splashdown are the Inkbrush and Undercover Brella at 150p each, while the highest are the Kensa Sloshing Machine and Dark Tetra Dualies with 190p each.
- There are no sets with Point Sensor, Sprinkler or Squid Beakon paired with Splashdown.
- Splashdown is one of only three specials to be appear at least once within every weapon class in Splatoon 2.
- Splashdown is one of the four obtainable special weapons in Salmon Run in Splatoon 2.
Names in other languages
|French||Choc chromatique||Color shock|
|Spanish (NOE)||Salto explosivo||Explosive Jump|
chāojí zhuólù (Mandarin)
chāojí zhuólù (Mandarin)
|Internal||SpSuperLanding||Sp for special. SuperLanding has been localized.|