An Inkling using it strikes the ground with heavy force, causing an ink explosion around them. Using it on the ground will cause the player to jump up with a short delay, but it can also be used from the air or during a Super Jump. If the player is splatted while in the air, they will only get a 25% special penalty (40% if opponent has Respawn Punisher or Haunt).
A player using Splashdown is briefly vulnerable to attacks. Similar to Ink Armor, the player can be splatted before the activation animation is finished. The weapon is more effective in the air, while the Inkling is Super Jumping. A radius displays when the Splashdown is used; this radius indicates the weapon's one-hit-splat range. Opponents just outside this area will still take significant damage.
In Salmon Run, the Splashdown's range is always the same range when using a Super Jump.
- Damage values: 180, 70, 55.
- 180 damage range: 0 → ~1.4 bar radius.
- 70 damage range: ~1.3 → ~2.0 bar radius.
- 55 damage range: ~2.1 → ~2.9 bar radius.
- Height increases the 180 damage radius, but not any other radius.
- Splashdown wind-up delay: 1.2 seconds.
- Delay decreased by 60% when used during a super jump. Down to 0.8 seconds.
- Invincibility duration: 5 frames during the rise and 30 frames after landing.
- Special Power Up: Radius of 180 damage increased. Maximum 70 damage radius and 55 damage radius unchanged. Inking range unchanged.
An Inkling using the Splashdown.
|View the quotation page.|
- Moving or shooting after Splashdown cancels the end of the player's animation of the Special.
- The weapons with the smallest special gauges for Splashdown are the Inkbrush and Undercover Brella with 150p each. While the largest are the Kensa Sloshing Machine and Dark Tetra Dualies with 190p each.
- There are no sets with Point Sensor, Sprinkler or Squid Beakon paired with Splashdown.
Names in other languages
|French||Choc chromatique||Ink shock|
|Spanish (NOE)||Salto explosivo||Explosive Jump|