The Undercover Brella is a brella that can be fired in rapid succession while its semi-transparent shield is open. The shield will open after the first shot fires if the user is holding down the trigger. The shield cannot be launched, and has the lowest durability in its class.
Each shot consumes 4% of the ink tank capacity, allowing users to fire 25 shots before needing to refill. Each shot contains several ink bullets that deal between 9 and 12 damage each, and up to 40 damage will be dealt per shot if most ink bullets hit the opponent. Three well-aimed shots are needed to splat opponents with the Undercover Brella. Opponents who touch the shield will take 15 damage, which is half the damage taken from touching the shield of a Splat Brella or Tenta Brella.
The Undercover Brella looks like an ordinary black umbrella. The handle is striped in multiple shades of brown, and the main shaft changes color to match the user's ink. The shield is black and semi-transparent with black beads and a brown-and-gold muzzle on top.
It appears in two Octo Expansion Stations:
- The Undercover Brella is a lightweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 118. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The Undercover Brella's canopy has 200 HP.
- Brella canopies have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- The canopy takes 0.17 seconds to open.
- The canopy does 15 damage to opponents on contact.
- The canopy cannot be launched.
- If the canopy is destroyed, it takes 4.5 seconds to return.
- After splatting an opponent or assisting a teammate in splatting an opponent, the canopy will reappear if it had been destroyed, or be restored to maximum durability if it was still functional.
- Each shot consumes 4% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 25 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- After firing, there is a 0.67 second cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding the canopy open is 0.5 seconds.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the shot takes 15 frames to come out.
- After firing, 16 frames must pass before the player can fire another shot.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 20 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- The Undercover Brella fires 4 projectiles per shot. Each projectile can do between 9 and 12 damage. A maximum of 4 projectiles per shot will damage the opponent, but the maximum possible damage per shot is capped at 40.
- If a projectile is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 0.1875 damage per frame until it reaches 9 damage at frame 24.
- Shots can deviate 4 degrees horizontally and 2.7 degrees vertically.
- Shots initially travel straight at a rate of 20 units per frame for 4 frames. Shots travel straight for 80 distance units.
- After that, the projectile's velocity is set to 19.085 units if the projectile's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
The Undercover Brella looks like a normal umbrella, but that's just to throw people off. It's actually made for clandestine face-splatting! The canopy-launching mechanism has been removed to allow for rapid fire. It can even be fired while the protective canopy is open! Use the Ink Mine to mark your foes, then swim in quickly and unleash a surprise attack! Come to the aid of cornered allies with the Splashdown special! Even spies have gotta go loud sometimes, right?
This article or section discusses unreleased content. Information is subject to change.
The Undercover Brella was shown during the Nintendo Direct on September 23, 2021. It is unknown whether it will keep the same attributes from the previous game.
An Inkling using the Undercover Brella in Museum d'Alfonsino
- The Undercover Brella resembles the umbrella seen in the Kingsman: The Secret Service movie, that can shoot and protect, indicated by its name.
- Prior to Version 4.1.0, Undercover Brella had the potential to deal 7 damage which was the lowest possible damage output in the game.
- As of patch 4.1.0, the Undercover Brella is tied for the lowest base special cost, at 150p.
- Unlike the other Brellas, the Undercover Brella does not consume more ink while being held open than if it stays closed.
- If the canopy is broken and the user gets a splat or an assist, the canopy gets immediately repaired.
- This weapon has the lowest possible DPS in Splatoon 2, at 45 damage per second.
- In the September 23rd Direct, the Undercover Brella is seen not taking damage from the Splat Roller’s attacks. This is possibly because the visual effects have not been added yet.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Paraplenzer||From paraplu (umbrella), plenzen (heavy rain) and -er, suffix used for machinery|
|French (NOA)||Para-encre espion||Spy Brella|
|Italian||Bombrello||From bomba (bomb) and ombrello (umbrella)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Paratintas Discreto|
|Spanish (NOE)||Paratintas clásico||Classic Inkbrella|