When fired, the Splat Dualies spray ink from both of the player's hands. Two reticles are displayed as a result, and each reticle acts independently, so an obstruction of one Dualie does not inhibit the shots of the other.
The Splat Dualies feature a unique roll mechanic. Pressing (jump) while firing causes the player to quickly roll in the movement direction, leaving behind a small cone of ink. The player then enters a crouch for a short duration. While crouched, the player's reticles are merged and shots are concentrated on one point; however, walking is disabled. Rolls may be used up to two times consecutively before the player must stand again.
- The Splat Dualies are a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.8% allows players to fire 125 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 9% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to roll 11 times.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between bullets.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between bullets.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 30 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 32 frames.
Promo image of a pink Inkling girl with the Splat Dualies.
Another render, without King Flip Mesh.
The select screen from the Switch event demo selecting the Splat Dualies.
|View the quotation page.|
- According to the Splatoon 2 event demo, the Splat Dualies originally came with Suction Bombs and the Inkjet. In the final game, this changed to Burst Bombs and Tenta Missiles.
Names in other languages
|French||Double encreur||Double inker|
|Italian||Repolper duplo||Dual Repolper (pun on Revolver and Polpo (Octopus))|
|Spurtomats (From incorrect spelling of sprut (octopus) and mety (shooters))|
|Spanish||Difusor dual||Dual diffusor|