|“||Spray ink from both of your hands with this new weapon type. Press while shooting with to roll in the direction you're moving. You can roll twice in a row to cover more ground.||”|
When fired, the Splat Dualies spray ink from both of the player's hands. Two reticles are displayed as a result, and each reticle acts independently, so an obstruction of one Dualie does not inhibit the shots of the other.
The Splat Dualies feature a unique roll mechanic. Pressing (jump) while firing causes the player to quickly roll in the movement direction, leaving behind a small cone of ink. The player then enters a crouch for a short duration. While crouched, the player's reticles are merged and shots are concentrated on one point; however, walking is disabled. Rolls may be used up to two times consecutively before the player must stand again.
The main is the Splat Dualies, a pair of dualie-type weapons born from the culture of Turf War! You carry one in each hand, which is pretty sweet, and their propulsive exhaust nozzles allow you to perform a high-speed dodge roll! You can't move for a brief period immediately after rolling, but the two sights overlap during that time, increasing your splatting power. The included Burst Bombs have great damage output, and you can hit far-off opponents with the Tenta Missiles! It's a really solid set!
- The Splat Dualies aim slightly inwards, and shots come closer to each other as they travel. As a result, the gap between reticles appears narrow when firing at a distance, and appears wide when firing at point-blank range.
- It is impossible to initiate a jump while strafing with the Splat Dualies, as attempting to do so will start a roll. Thus, the only way to fire the Splat Dualies airborne is to jump before firing, jump without tilting the left stick, or to fall from an elevated position while firing.
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 170
- ▲ Range increased by about 9%.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 170 → 190
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 190 → 180
- ▲ Decreased duration of down time after performing a dodge roll by 8/60 of a second.
Names in other languages
|French||Double encreur||Double inking|
|Italian||Repolper duplo||Dual Repolper (pun on Revolver and Polpo (Octopus))|
|Spanish||Difusor dual||Dual diffusor|