When fired, the Splat Dualies spray ink from both of the player's hands. Two reticles are displayed as a result, and each reticle acts independently, so an obstruction of one Dualie does not inhibit the shots of the other.
The Splat Dualies feature a unique roll mechanic. Pressing (jump) while firing causes the player to quickly roll in the movement direction, leaving behind a small cone of ink. The player then enters a crouch for a short duration. While crouched, the player's reticles are merged and shots are concentrated on one point; however, walking is disabled. Rolls may be used up to two times consecutively before the player must stand again.
- The Splat Dualies are a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.75% allows players to fire 133 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 9% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to roll 11 times.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between shots.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between shots.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 30 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 32 frames.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 13.55 units.
The main is the Splat Dualies, a pair of dualie-type weapons born from the culture of Turf War! You carry one in each hand, which is pretty sweet, and their propulsive exhaust nozzles allow you to perform a high-speed dodge roll! You can't move for a brief period immediately after rolling, but the two sights overlap during that time, increasing your splatting power. The included Burst Bombs have great damage output, and you can hit far-off opponents with the Tenta Missiles! It's a really solid set!
|“||Spray ink from both of your hands with this new weapon type. Press while shooting with to roll in the direction you're moving. You can roll twice in a row to cover more ground.||”|
Promo image of a pink Inkling girl with the Splat Dualies.
Another render, without King Flip Mesh.
The select screen from the Switch event demo selecting the Splat Dualies.
- The number of shots required to splat an opponent after or with a 35 damage indirect from a Burst Bomb can be decreased from 3 shots to 2 when using enough Main Power Up to increase the main weapon's damage to at least 32.5.
- According to the Splatoon 2 event demo, the Splat Dualies originally came with Suction Bombs and the Inkjet. In the final game, this changed to Burst Bombs and the Tenta Missiles, and the beta set was later given to the Rapid Blaster Deco, Nautilus 79, and Fresh Squiffer.
- This is the only weapon to have different losing animations in the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire and the final release.
- This weapon is used in the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
|French||Double encreur||Double inker|
|Italian||Repolper duplo||Dual Repolper (pun on Revolver and Polpo (Octopus))|
|Spurtomats (From incorrect spelling of sprut (octopus) and mety (shooters))|
|Spanish||Difusor dual||Dual diffusor|