When fired, the Splat Dualies spray ink from both of the player's hands. Two reticles are displayed as a result, and each reticle acts independently, so an obstruction of one Dualie does not inhibit the shots of the other.
The Splat Dualies feature a unique roll mechanic. Pressing (jump) while firing causes the player to quickly roll in the movement direction, leaving behind a small cone of ink. The player then enters a crouch for a short duration. While crouched, the player's reticles are merged and shots are concentrated on one point; however, walking is disabled. Rolls may be used up to two times consecutively before the player must stand again.
- The Splat Dualies consume 0.8% of the ink tank capacity with each shot, allowing the player to fire 125 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 6% of the ink tank capacity.
- The Splat Dualies have inaccuracy prior to a roll, but still appear to fire in a parallel manner. The Splat Dualies have increased accuracy after a roll.
- It is impossible to initiate a jump while strafing with the Splat Dualies, as attempting to do so will start a roll. Thus, the only way to fire the Splat Dualies airborne is to jump before firing, jump without tilting the left stick, or to fall from an elevated position while firing.
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 170
- ▲ Range increased by about 9%.
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 170 → 190
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 190 → 180
- ▲ Decreased duration of down time after performing a dodge roll by 8/60 of a second.
- ▲ Increased damage of a single shot: 28.0 → 30.0
|View the quotation page.|
Names in other languages
|French||Double encreur||Double inking|
|Italian||Repolper duplo||Dual Repolper (pun on Revolver and Polpo (Octopus))|
|Spurtomats (From incorrect spelling of sprut (octopus) and mety (shooters))|
|Spanish||Difusor dual||Dual diffusor|