When fired, the Splat Dualies spray ink from both of the player's hands. Two reticles are displayed as a result, and each reticle acts independently, so an obstruction of one Dualie does not inhibit the shots of the other.
The Splat Dualies feature a unique roll mechanic. Pressing (jump) while firing causes the player to quickly roll in the movement direction, leaving behind a small cone of ink. The player then enters a crouch for a short duration. While crouched, the player's reticles are merged and shots are concentrated on one point; however, walking is disabled. Rolls may be used up to two times consecutively before the player must stand again.
- The Splat Dualies are a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.8% allows players to fire 125 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 9% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to roll 11 times.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between bullets.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between bullets.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 30 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 32 frames.
Promo image of a pink Inkling girl with the Splat Dualies.
Another render, without King Flip Mesh.
The select screen from the Switch event demo selecting the Splat Dualies.
|View the quotation page.|
- According to the Splatoon 2 event demo, the Splat Dualies had its sub weapon being Suction Bomb and its special being Inkjet in the demo. The final game changed it special to Burst Bomb and Tenta Missiles.
Names in other languages
|French||Double encreur||Double inker|
|Italian||Repolper duplo||Dual Repolper (pun on Revolver and Polpo (Octopus))|
|Spurtomats (From incorrect spelling of sprut (octopus) and mety (shooters))|
|Spanish||Difusor dual||Dual diffusor|