Hero Charger Replica
The Hero Charger is not available during regular Octo Valley missions but can be used at the amiibo stand in Inkopolis Plaza with an Inkling Girl amiibo. When using this amiibo, the player is given the chance to go through some of the previous Octo Valley levels that they have beaten and replay them using a charger rather than a shooter.
When the blueprints are obtained and given to Sheldon in Ammo Knights, he will give the player the Hero Charger Replica as he cannot copy the technology shown on the blueprints. It, therefore, loses the specially-designed Agent 3 Splat Bombs.
The Hero Charger looks slightly similar to the real-life M16 Rifle, an iconic weapon and the standard service rifle for many armies in the world; however, the M16 is an assault rifle rather than a sniper rifle.
To unlock the Hero Charger Replica, the player must play the last set of missions from the Inkling Girl amiibo:
- 23. Spongy Observatory
- 25. Far-Flung Flooders
- 27. Unavoidable Flying Object
- Boss 5: Enter the Octobot King!
The blueprints to the Hero Charger Replica are received after completing the fifth boss challenge.
|“||A sweet replica created by Sheldon from his grandfather's blueprints. It looks funky fresh, to be sure, but apparently it's just a regular Splat Charger with a fancy paint job.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)[a]
|“||Created by Sheldon from his grandfather's blueprints. It looks pretty cool, but apparently it's just a regular Splat Charger under that paint job...||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)[b]
- North America
- Europe and Oceania
Promo of a female Inkling with the Hero Charger Replica.
Concept art of various weapons, with the Hero Charger Replica at the lower right.
The Hero Charger Replica returns to Splatoon 2 with an updated model that is visually identical to the Level 1 Hero Charger. However it is once again a re-skinned Splat Charger, which therefore now comes with Splat Bombs and Sting Ray, along with the newfound ability to store a charge for one second. To unlock the Hero Charger Replica, the player must now complete every level with the Hero Charger in Octo Canyon.
- Unlike Damage Up in Splatoon, while Main Power Up increases damage, it does not allow shots below full charge to reach 100.0 damage.
- The Hero Charger Replica is a middleweight weapon.
- Ink consumption scales from 2.25% to 18% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 18% allows players to fire 5 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The Hero Charger Replica can store its charge while swimming.
- A stored charge can be held for up to 1.25 seconds.
- The Hero Charger Replica can only store its charge if the weapon is fully charged.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and being able to fire the charge is 25 frames.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and the laser appearing is 20 frames.
- It takes 1 second to fully charge the weapon.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3 seconds.
- When charging a shot while in the air, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3 seconds.
- Fully charged shots will pierce opponents.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.2 units per frame.
- Damage scales from 40 to 80 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the damage is 160.
- Shot velocity scales from 24 to 48 depending on the charge level.
- Shot distance scales from 90 to 240 depending on the charge level.
The Hero Charger Replica is an alternate design of the standard Splat Charger model with the same stats and setup. This weapon came about after I made a breakthrough in my research and managed to create the ultimate weapon! Sadly, it never made it to mass production because the guys at the factory couldn't wrap their heads around my advanced schematics... So instead they just slapped some shiny parts on a standard Splat Charger and called it the Hero Charger Replica. Give it a shot!
- Marie's main weapon is shown to be the Hero Charger or its replica, likely from her time in the role of Agent 2. This is shown in her artwork for the Go all out! vs. Focus on healing Splatfest.
- This weapon is tied with the Splatterscope and Splat Charger for the most expensive Sting Ray in the game (220 p).
Names in other languages
hīrō chājā repurika
|Hero Charger Replica|
|Dutch||Heldenlader (replica)||Hero Charger (replica)|
|French (NOA)||Conc. héroïque (rép.)|
|French (NOE)||Conc. héroïque (réplique)|
|German||Heldenkonzentrator Replik (Splatoon)
Helden-Konzentrator Replik (Splatoon 2)
|Hero Concentrator Replica|
|Italian||Splatter élite replica||Elite Splatter Replica|
|Spanish (NOA)||Cargatintas de élite réplica||Elite Ink Charger Replica|
|Spanish (NOE)||Cargatintas de élite (réplica)||Elite Ink Charger (replica)|