Dark Tetra Dualies
Each pistol has two muzzles and four dodge roll nozzles, which allows the user to perform up to four dodge rolls in a row. The dodge rolls are however somewhat slower than the regular Splat Dualies and it takes longer to start rolling and moving normally again. This weapon set also allows the user to continue shooting while rolling.
Players must land four hits to splat an opponent, doing the same damage as the Splat Dualies but having worse accuracy pre-roll. Dodge roll ink consumption is lower than all other dualies, complementing the weapon's ability to roll four times in quick succession. In the post-roll state, the weapon's firing rate and accuracy are improved.
- The Dark Tetra Dualies is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.8% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 125 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 4 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots (10 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.72 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 28.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 1.75 damage per frame until it reaches 14 damage at frame 16.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 7.4 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12.8 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Dark Tetra Dualies starts off having a 4% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 4% per shot, and maximizes at a 25% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle, meaning that it takes 6 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Accuracy starts recovering 6 frames after the player stops shooting. The chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 0.5% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum, meaning that it takes 48 frames to reach maximum accuracy. (78 after shooting while jumping.)
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 22.1 units per frame for 4 frames, having an effective range of 88.4 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 22.05 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it travels.
- Ink droplets occur every 135 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.2 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 7 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 16 units, and a width of 10 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 15.5 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 13.4 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Each roll consumes 3% of the ink tank capacity.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The player can roll 4 times without interruption. After this, there is a delay before the player can roll again.
- The Dark Tetra Dualies can continue shooting while rolling.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between shots.
- After rolling, there is a 70 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Damage output does not change after rolling.
- After rolling, shots have a radius of 2.5 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate in the post-roll state is 2.7 degrees.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 24 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 45 frames.
- The shot velocity and effective range remains the same in the post-roll state.
- The weapon suffers from inferior accuracy before dodge rolling.
- While the weapon can shoot while dodge rolling, the accuracy increase received from dodge rolls will not take effect for these shots. Accuracy will only be increased while the player is locked in place.
The Dark Tetra Dualies feature four ink-ejecting nozzles that allow you to execute up to four dodge rolls in a row! Crazy, right?!
And because you can shoot while rolling, you'll be able to zip around stages with ease and roll your way to victory.
Sniff our sneaky enemies with the Autobomb sub weapon, then zip in with a roll and lay the splat down!
With the Splashdown special, this is a set for squidkids who like to get up close and personal!
|“||Our Squid Research colleagues in Japan have just discovered details on a weapon currently in development. The Dark Tetra Dualies feature four ink-ejecting nozzles that allow you to execute up to four dodge rolls in a row! How is that even possible??||”|
|“||Thanks to the four ink-spraying nozzles on the new Dark Tetra Dualies, you can perform up to four dodge rolls in a row, and even shoot while rolling! They'll be added to Splatoon 2 soon.||”|
— Squid Research Lab Bulletin (Nintendo Switch news channel for Splatoon 2)
|“||With the Dark Tetra Dualies, coming soon to #Splatoon2, you can perform up to four dodge rolls in a row, and even shoot while rolling!||”|
- The ancient Greek word and modern-day numerical prefix "tetra" means "four". This refers to the weapon's ability to dodge roll 4 times in a row.
- The Tetra is also a species of freshwater fish.
- Although they have collaborated with "Splat" to create the Tentatek Splattershot, the Dark Tetra Dualies are the first weapons to be fully produced by Tentatek.
- They seem to be created from derringer pistols attached to the sole and pull tab of a basketball shoe.
- This fits the Tentatek brand, which specializes in sports clothing.
- The announcement and release of this weapon set was at the same time as Goby Arena, and both its promo images are shot in it. This ties in to the basketball theme for the Dark Tetra Dualies as well.
- This weapon is used in the following Octo Expansion level:
Names in other languages
Kuaddo Hoppā Burakku
|Quad Hopper Black|
|Dutch||Quadhoppers Zwart||Quadhoppers Black|
|French||Double voltigeur noir||Double acrobatic black|
|German||Quadhopper Noir||Quadhopper black|
|Italian||Moscarpino duplo nero||Double fly-trekker* black|
|Spanish||Motatrónic dual negro||Black dual speck-tronic|
|Spanish (NOA)||Tetra dual negro||Black dual tetra|