Dark Tetra Dualies
Each pistol has two muzzles and four dodge roll nozzles, which allows the user to perform up to four dodge rolls in a row. The dodge rolls are however somewhat slower than the regular Splat Dualies and it takes longer to start rolling and moving normally again. This weapon set also allows the user to continue shooting while rolling.
Players must land four hits to splat an opponent, doing the same damage as the Splat Dualies but boasting worse accuracy pre-roll. Each shot consumes 0.8% of the ink tank, allowing the player to fire 125 shots before needing to refill. Each roll consumes 3% of the ink tank; this roll consumption is lower than all other dualies, complementing the weapon's ability to roll four times in quick succession. In the post-roll state, the weapon's firing rate is one frame faster than normal, and its accuracy is improved as well.
- The Dark Tetra Dualies are a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 0.8% allows players to fire 125 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Each roll consumes 3% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to roll 33 times.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between shots.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 24 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 45 frames.
- The weapon suffers from inferior accuracy before dodge rolling.
- While the weapon can shoot while dodge rolling, the accuracy increase received from dodge rolls will not take effect for these shots. Accuracy will only be increased while the player is locked in place.
|View the quotation page.|
- The ancient Greek word and modern-day numerical prefix "tetra" means "four". This refers to the weapon's ability to dodge roll 4 times in a row.
- The Tetra is also a species of freshwater fish.
- Although they have collaborated with "Splat" to create the Tentatek Splattershot, the Dark Tetra Dualies are the first weapons to be fully produced by Tentatek.
- They seem to be created from derringer pistols attached to the sole and pull tab of a basketball shoe.
- This fits the Tentatek brand, which specializes in sports clothing.
- The announcement and release of this weapon set was at the same time as Goby Arena, and both its promo images are shot in it. This ties in to the basketball theme for the Dark Tetra Dualies as well.
Names in other languages
Kuaddo Hoppā Burakku
|Quad Hopper Black|
|Dutch||Quadhoppers Zwart||Quadhoppers Black|
|French||Double voltigeur noir||Double acrobatic black|
|German||Quadhopper Noir||Quadhopper black|
|Italian||Moscarpino duplo nero||Double fly-trekker* black|
|Spanish||Motatrónic dual negro||Black dual speck-tronic|
|Spanish (NOA)||Tetra dual negro||Black dual tetra|