Point Sensors are black, cube-like objects with cylinder-shaped protrusions that change color depending on the player's Ink. When thrown, they explode in a spherical cloud that has the color of the player's ink and tag any enemy Inkling in a certain range with a swirling squid marker. This marker allows tagged enemies to be seen through barriers by all teammates, allowing them to be easily tracked.
- Will track an enemy for 8 seconds normally, and 2 seconds if the target has Cold Blooded. Before Version 2.2.0, it would normally track for 10 seconds and 2.5 seconds with Cold Blooded. Due to lag and other factors, the exact time may vary slightly during online play.
- With no Ink Saver (Sub), it requires 40% of maximum Ink Tank capacity.
- Upon hitting a surface, the blast radius is roughly 3 lines in diameter, 1.5 in radius. Pre-Version 2.2.0, its was about 2.5 lines in diameter and 1.25 in radius.
- Throw distance can be increased with Bomb Range Up.
- Can be thrown against a wall to track enemies on the other side, as long as they are within the blast radius.
Point Sensors now have an area-of effect that lasts 2.5 seconds. Any player that enters the area of effect during that time will be tracked.
- The total amount of time a player will be tracked can change depending on when the player enters the point sensor's area of effect. On a direct hit the tracking time will last the full 8 seconds, while entering the area of effect afterwards will reduce the tracking length by the amount of time since the point sensor landed. For example: If a player walks into the area of effect 2 seconds after the point sensor lands the player will be marked for a total of 6 seconds instead 8 seconds.
- Players hit by multiple point sensors from different opponents are marked concurrently. Assists are awarded to both point sensor users if the tracked player dies to another opponent or if they jump off the stage.
- Players can be repeatedly marked by a point sensor to effectively reset the the remaining tracking time back to 8 seconds.
- The base total tracking time can be increased from 8 seconds to a maximum of 16 seconds using Sub Power Up
- Cold-Blooded will reduce the tracking time of the point sensor by a percentage of the maximum tracking time. For example: If a player wears enough Cold-Blooded to reduce the tracking time by 50%; an 8 second point sensor will be reduced to 4 seconds while a Sub Power Up boosted 16 second point sensor will reduce tracking time to 8 seconds for that player.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Point Sensor, in function, is very similar to the Echolocator special weapon.
- The Point Sensor resembles a miniaturized artificial satellite for weather news in appearance.
- In Splatoon 2, Point Sensors are the least common sub weapon, included in just six weapon sets.
- There are no rollers or brushes with the Point Sensor as their sub weapon.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Cimice||Wire Tap (lit. 'Bug')|