Point Sensors are black, cube-like objects with cylinder-shaped protrusions that change color depending on the player's Ink. When thrown, they explode in a spherical cloud that has the color of the player's ink and tag any enemy Inkling in a certain range with a swirling squid marker. This marker allows tagged enemies to be seen through barriers by all teammates, allowing them to be easily tracked.
- Will track an enemy for 8 seconds normally, and 2 seconds if the target has Cold Blooded. Before Version 2.2.0, it would normally track for 10 seconds and 2.5 seconds with Cold Blooded. Due to lag and other factors, the exact time may vary slightly during online play.
- With no Ink Saver (Sub), it requires 40% of maximum Ink Tank capacity.
- Upon hitting a surface, the blast radius is roughly 3 lines in diameter, 1.5 in radius. Pre-Version 2.2.0, its was about 2.5 lines in diameter and 1.25 in radius.
- Throw distance can be increased with Bomb Range Up.
- Can be thrown against a wall to track enemies on the other side, as long as they are within the blast radius.
|“||The Point Sensor is like a miniaturized version of the Echolocator special. This hand-tossed device emits a sphere-shaped radius, effectively tagging any opponent within for twelve seconds. During this period, the tagged opponent can be seen by you and your teammates at all times. Your target is constantly circled by a squid icon. This squid animation appears on your team’s screens, even if the opponent is swimming or hidden behind a wall. This makes it much easier to track down and eliminate opponents.||”|
— Splatoon Prima Guide
- ▲ Increased the radius of the area that effects enemies by 17%.
- ▼ Decreased the duration from 10.0 seconds to 8.0 seconds.
- ▲ Increased radius of effect by roughly 20%.
- ▲ Decreased delay until start of ink recovery after throwing out the Point Sensor by 15/60 of a second.
- The Point Sensor, in function, is very similar to the Echolocator Special Weapon.
- The Point Sensor resembles a miniaturized artificial satellite for weather news in appearance.
- There are no Rollers with the Point Sensor as their Sub Weapon.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Cimice||Wire Tap (lit. 'Bug')|
|Weapons in Splatoon 2|