Rapid Blaster Pro
The Rapid Blaster Pro is a Rapid Blaster with an elongated handle and barrel, and increased range to match. Its range is the greatest of all blasters. As a trade-off, it has a slightly slower fire rate and higher ink consumption compared to the Rapid Blaster. Damage output and blast size are identical for both weapons.
The Rapid Blaster Pro was released on 17 October 2015 at 02:00 UTC. It comes with Seekers and the Inkzooka. Each shot consumes 10% of the ink tank capacity, and the ink tank recovers 1.67% of its capacity between each shot, allowing the player to fire 11 shots before needing to refill on ink.
The Rapid Blaster Pro is based on the Rapid Blaster, but it's further specialized for increased range. Follow your Seekers to zip into an advantageous position and strike from your opponent's blind spot! The Inkzooka makes this a great set for frontline fighters who like to cause big problems for their fores!(NA)[a]
|“||"The Rapid Blaster Pro is based on the Rapid Blaster, but it's further specialized for increased range. Follow your Seekers to zip into an advantageous position and strike from your opponent's blind spot! The Inkzooka makes this a great set for frontline fighters who like to cause big problems for their foes!"||”|
— In-Game Description
- North America
The same Inkling firing a burst of ink from the Rapid Blaster Pro.
The Rapid Blaster Pro returns in Splatoon 2 looking identical to how it did in the first game. It was released on 23 September 2017 at 02:00 UTC. It comes with the Toxic Mist and Ink Storm. Each shot consumes 8% of the ink tank capacity, allowing the player to fire 12 shots before needing to refill on ink.
- The Rapid Blaster Pro is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 8% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 12 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 20 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 40 frames between shots (1.5 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.5 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 50 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 85.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- Shots cannot ever deviate from the inner reticle while on the ground.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 8 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 40 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 50%.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 14 units per frame for 11 frames, having an effective range of 154 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 13.426 units if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 16.2 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 12 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 1 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 0 units, and a width of 9 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 11 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- The shot explodes 15 frames after being fired.
- The far damage radius of the explosion is 33 units.
- Main Power Up increases the far damage radius up to 35 units.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the far damage radius is 16.5 units.
- The near damage radius of the explosion is 9.4 units.
- Main Power Up increases the near damage radius up to 10 units.
- Damage from the explosion is 35. Damage does not change based on distance from the center of the explosion.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the damage is 17.5.
- When the shot explodes in the air, it creates a splash of paint with a radius of 28 units.
- The radius of wall dripping paint is 10 units.
- The wall impact painting radius is 19 units.
The Rapid Blaster Pro owes its incredible range to a chamber system that delays ink oxidization to the last possible moment!
If you match this range with the Toxic Mist, your opponents will curse your very existence!
The Ink Storm provides cover for your teammates, so I'd recommend this set for players who enjoy the technical aspects of battle!
- This weapon is used on the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
R Burasutā Erīto
|R (Rapid) Blaster Elite|
|Dutch||Flitsblaster Pro||Flash Blaster Pro|
|French (NOA)||Turboblasteur pro||Turbo Blaster pro|
|French (NOE)||Turboblaster pro||Turbo Blaster pro|
|German||Turbo-Blaster Plus||Turbo Blaster Plus|
|Italian||Blaster élite||Élite Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Turbolanzamotas Pro||Turbo Speck Thrower Pro|