|Sub Weapon||Ink Mine|
|“||An Inkbrush with a different sub and special setup. Fight on your own terms by using the sub to distract the opponent so you can get in close where this weapon shines.||”|
— In-Game Description
|“||Sometimes, a kid just wants to get up close and POW! Introducing the Inkbrush Nouveau, which brings the same abilities as the Inkbrush but has a different sub and special! You’ll be able to lay Ink Mines to catch your foes off guard, and then use the Bubbler when you’re ready to go in for your attack!||”|
You can use the brush to swiftly lay Ink Mines. Your opponents won't know what hit 'em.
And since you can share the Bubbler with your allies, this is a great set if you like to support your team!
- ▲ Ink usage while running decreased by 10%.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ When repeatedly using swinging attacks, ink will also be painted where you are standing.
- The Inkbrush Nouveau was first revealed in a tweet from Nintendo of Europe.
An Inkling running with the Inkbrush Nouveau.
Inkbrush Nouveau is a combination of Ink and Brush, as well as Nouveau, french for New. Nouveau may also refer to Art Nouveau. The suffix Nouveau is also used to differentiate it from the Inkbrush. This trait is shared among the other alternate sets of the Nouveau brand.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Pincel maestro||Master brush|
|German||Quasto Fresco||(Quaste = powder puff) (Fresco = Spanish = fresh("new", not "cool") Fresh Puffo. Might be referencing "Fresco Paintings".|
|Italian||Calamaravaggio master||Master Calamaravaggio. A portmanteau of the words "calamaro" and Caravaggio.|
- Live from Squid Research Lab: Sometimes a kid just wants to get up close and.... SplatoonUS (2015-07-31). Retrieved on 2015 July 31.
|Weapons in Splatoon|