The Dynamo Roller is a roller I designed myself using a power generator for high strength and long range! The motor does weigh it down a smidge, but the Ink Mines wait until someone gets too close before splashing ink everywhere! And the Sting Ray can take down enemies from a comfortable distance! The set appeals to those too stubborn to give up inked turf.
- ▲ Ink consumption per flick: 20.0% → 18.0%
- ▲ Splash damage: 25–125 → 35–150
- ▼ Roll damage: 160 → 125
- ▲ Extended range for dealing maximum damage to an opponent by 14%
The Dynamo Roller can cover turf while in motion and fling a large amount of ink at medium range, but high range for a roller. Compared to the Splat Roller, this roller is much slower but covers a larger area while rolling and throwing ink. It comes in a set with the Sprinkler and Echolocator, and can only be purchased after collecting the Sunken Scroll from the DJ Octavio.
|“||Using the blueprints as a starting point, Sheldon has rigged up a motor to the roller base. Cumbersome to use, but delivers a powerful burst of ink when swung.||”|
— In-Game Description
The Dynamo Roller is a roller I designed myself upon using my granddad's blueprints! It wound up with incredible power, but the dynamo motor does weigh it down a bit... oh, well. Anyway, ink turf with the Sprinkler and track enemies with the Echolocator, and you'll be winning in no time!(NA)
- ▼ amount of time needed before the ink begins filling after swinging the roller increased.
- ▼ Players can only splat their opponents in one hit if they hit with the center of the roller.
- ▼ Opponents cannot be splatted in one hit when the player is out of ink.
- — Calculation method for damage when the roller is repeatedly swung modified.
- ▼ Special gauge loss: 50% → up to 75%
- ▼ Swim speed decreased by about 10%.
- ▼ When using the ink fling attack, decreased the central zone in which it was possible to splat an opponent with a single attack by 18%.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt when flinging ink to attack the barrier around the Rainmaker in Rainmaker mode by 12%.
- ▼ Time taken to begin recovering ink after ink fling attack: 1.17 seconds → 1.33 seconds
- Echolocator is an immensely valuable special for the entire team, preventing flanks and stopping pushes, and with the Dynamo without doubt being the best inking and painting weapon in the game, Echolocator's with Dynamo Rollers essentially build up in seconds when Special Charge Up is used
- Damage Up significantly increases the Dynamo's effective range to splat, preventing even more enemies from escaping and allowing for greater ease in splatting.
- As the Dynamo Roller is one of few weapons to have its base swim speed reduced, Swim Speed Up serves to mitigate said reduction and enable the Dynamo Roller to have greater mobility in splatting and generally completing the objective.
- The heavy ink consumption of the Dynamo Roller may also necessitate Ink Recovery Up, which increases the ink recovery rate in squid form, allowing the a player wielding the Dynamo Roller to spend less time recharging their ink tank.
- Getting stuck in ink is a death sentence for the Dynamo Roller, because of its slow flick speed. Ink Resistance Up will make the player less likely to get stuck in ink.
- This ability works best for the Dynamo Roller, serving every need a Dynamo Roller player could ask for. Swim Speed mitigates the swim speed reduction of the roller, Ink Saver Main allows players to gain one additional flick with the Dynamo, and Ink Recovery allows players to have greater map presence. Furthermore, the Special Charge Up boost further allows the Dynamo Roller to gain even more of the exceedingly valuable Special. This ability fares extremely well with the Dynamo.
- More frequent deaths are common with the Dynamo Roller with an aggressive playstyle, thus Haunt allows for regular tagging of opponents for the entire team.
- A surprise Dynamo Roller is devastating to the enemy team, especially on Tower Control. Equip Stealth Jump to jump to safely jump to a location that catches the enemy off guard.
- At 20% ink consumption per flick, the Dynamo Roller is the most ink-hungry roller type. Ink Saver (Main) may occasionally be a nice asset for suppressing the enemy with repeated flicks, by reducing the amount of ink used per flick. 1 main and 1 sub of this ability will afford the player a 6th full-powered flick.
An Inkling at the ready with an old version of the Dynamo Roller.
An Inkling flinging ink with the Dynamo Roller at an early version of Blackbelly Skatepark.
Dynamo Roller is derived from Dynamo and Roller. Dynamo is a type of an electrical generator, which the Dynamo Roller seems partly based on.
Names in other languages
|German||Dynaroller||Dynamo + Roller|
|Italian||Rullo dinamo||Dynamo Roller|
|Spanish (NOA)||Rodillo Pro||Pro Roller|