Sunken Scrolls are items found in the single player modes of Splatoon and Splatoon 2. Each one has information about the world of the game and its history, such as the Great Turf War. There is one Sunken Scroll in each stage, with 27 scrolls in total (and 5 from boss missions in Splatoon). Sunken scrolls are usually hidden out of the player's way, except for Boss Scrolls, which are directly in front of the Zapfish after the battle ends. Scrolls are automatically collected in a book, which can be viewed from the overworld of Octo Valley or Octo Canyon.
Boss Scrolls award the player with blueprints for new multiplayer weapons, which are unlocked the next time the player goes to Ammo Knights. They must still be bought with cash, and all Level requirements will apply.
- 1 List of Scrolls in Splatoon
- 1.1 Scroll 1
- 1.2 Scroll 2
- 1.3 Scroll 3
- 1.4 Scroll 4
- 1.5 Scroll 5
- 1.6 Scroll 6
- 1.7 Scroll 7
- 1.8 Scroll 8
- 1.9 Scroll 9
- 1.10 Scroll 10
- 1.11 Scroll 11
- 1.12 Scroll 12
- 1.13 Scroll 13
- 1.14 Scroll 14
- 1.15 Scroll 15
- 1.16 Scroll 16
- 1.17 Scroll 17
- 1.18 Scroll 18
- 1.19 Scroll 19
- 1.20 Scroll 20
- 1.21 Scroll 21
- 1.22 Scroll 22
- 1.23 Scroll 23
- 1.24 Scroll 24
- 1.25 Scroll 25
- 1.26 Scroll 26
- 1.27 Scroll 27
- 1.28 Boss Scrolls
- 1.29 amiibo Scrolls
- 2 List of Scrolls in Splatoon 2
- 2.1 Scroll 1
- 2.2 Scroll 2
- 2.3 Scroll 3
- 2.4 Scroll 4
- 2.5 Scroll 5
- 2.6 Scroll 6
- 2.7 Scroll 7
- 2.8 Scroll 8
- 2.9 Scroll 9
- 2.10 Scroll 10
- 2.11 Scroll 11
- 2.12 Scroll 12
- 2.13 Scroll 13
- 2.14 Scroll 14
- 2.15 Scroll 15
- 2.16 Scroll 16
- 2.17 Scroll 17
- 2.18 Scroll 18
- 2.19 Scroll 19
- 2.20 Scroll 20
- 2.21 Scroll 21
- 2.22 Scroll 22
- 2.23 Scroll 23
- 2.24 Scroll 24
- 2.25 Scroll 25
- 2.26 Scroll 26
- 2.27 Scroll 27
- 2.28 Scroll 28
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Names in other languages
List of Scrolls in Splatoon
- Text (NA): "Since time immemorial, a rare type of electric catfish known as the Zapfish has been prized by Inkling society as a source of energy. In fact, the entire city of Inkopolis is powered by a single 100-year-old Great Zapfish! "
- Text (EU/OC): "Since time immemorial, a rare type of electric catfish known as the Zapfish has been prized by Inkling society as a source of energy. In fact, the entire city of Inkopolis is powered by a single one-hundred-year-old Great Zapfish!"
- Level: Octotrooper Hideout
- Location: At the fourth checkpoint, on the tallest pillar (front left). Ink the middle pillar, climb it, then ink the left one and jump to it in squid form. Grab the scroll on top.
- Description: A picture of the Great Zapfish. It resembles a Namazu-e, an ukiyo-e print of Namazu.
- Text (NA): "We Octarians dwell in a world deep underground. The individual caves in which we live are connected by a network of transport devices known as kettles. Wow... You learn something new every day! "
- Text (EU/OC): " 'We Octarians dwell in a world deep underground. The individual caves in which we live are connected by a network of transport devices known as "kettles".' 'Wow...so that's how our home works!' "
- Level: Lair of the Octoballs
- Location: At the third checkpoint, under the grated walkway. Climb the wall, go round the corner and then drop through the grated walkway as a squid. The scroll and a launchpad will be waiting for you on a platform.
- Description: A cartoonish diagram of the Octarian's underground domes.
- Text (NA): "This seems to be an Octarian assault vehicle, but it doesn't seem to have an engine. The big question, then... how does it move? It's frighteningly clear that the source of Octarian power lies outside the realm of established science."
- Text (EU/OC): "This appears to be a machine designed for Octarians to ride, but there is nothing inside. The big question is then...how does it move? Perhaps the Octarians are able to power it through hard work and willpower alone...?"
- Level: Rise of the Octocopters
- Location: At the sixth checkpoint, on the right pillar after the drop. Ink the pillar on the left, climb it, ink the pillar on the right, and then climb it and reach the top.
- Description: A schematic of the Octarian vehicles.
- Text (NA/EU/OC): "This scroll was found in a deep rock layer, its age estimated at approximately 2,000 years. It details the ancient Turf Wars of the time. It seems the ancient four-versus-four battle format had already been established at this stage."
- Level: Gusher Gauntlet
- Location: At the final checkpoint, go up the first gusher, then the left one, then the left one again. An enemy will be sitting on the crate containing the scroll.
- Description: A piece of art similar to that of ancient Egypt, featuring eight Inklings and Judd on a set of scales.
- Text (NA): "The Terrifying Biology of the Inkling! Strength: Can leap up to 5 feet. Brain: Simple and predatory. Bones: None! Eyes: Can spot prey from 100 yd. away. Defense: High-pressure, high-capacity ink sack."
- Text (EU/OC): " 'The Terrifying Biology of the Inkling!' 'Limbs: Can leap up to 1.5m' 'Brain: Simple and hedonistic' 'Bones: None' 'Eyes: Can spot prey from 100m away' 'Defense: High-pressure, high-capacity ink sac' "
- Level: Floating Sponge Garden
- Location: At the fourth checkpoint, under the already inflated sponge. Let the two roaming enemies hit it or alternatively let the Octotroopers ahead of the sponge shoot it. After it deflates, drop through the net and get the scroll.
- Description: A picture featuring an X-ray of an Inkling, revealing that they do not have bones. The tone of this text implies that this is Octarian propaganda.
- Text (NA/EU/OC): "The Department of Energy has announced that further declines in the availability of electric power are likely to occur in the near future. With the underground domes also deteriorating rapidly, the future does not look bright."
- Level: Propeller-Lift Playground
- Location: At the second checkpoint, under the propeller lift. Immediately after reaching the checkpoint, spray the fan but don't ride it. Drop down under it to collect the scroll.
- Description: Newspaper clippings showing what can be assumed to be a member of the Octarian Department of Energy.
- Text (NA): "The ink sprayed during a Turf War vanishes almost immediately after the battle ends. How environmentally friendly! (And incredibly convenient!) "
- Text (EU/OC): "The ink sprayed during a Turf War vanishes almost immediately after the battle ends. How environmentally friendly...and incredibly convenient!"
- Level: Spreader Splatfest
- Location: At the second checkpoint, under the platform after the drop. After hitting the checkpoint, go past the first obstacle and get rid of the Octocopters after the small drop. Face the walkway constantly being scrubbed over with purple ink. Hop on one of the platforms scrubbing the ink and ride it beneath the walkway, facing the platform you were just on previously. jump off and collect the scroll.
- Description: A picture of all possible paint clashes that can happen in Turf War in Splatoon.
- Text (NA): "Paradise Lost by Octolangelo"
- Text (EU/OC): " 'Paradise Lost' by Octolangelo"
- Level: Octoling Invasion
- Location: Hidden under a ramp, along the western side of the level. Go through the level as you normally would and reach the Zapfish. In its corner facing the rest of the level, head to the closest ramp on the path to the right. Go around the back of it to find the scroll.
- Description: A painting, most likely inspired by "Adam and Eve", a painting by Lucas Cranach the Elder in 1528.
- Text (NA): "It seems that some Octarians can assume humanoid form. These specimens have superior physical capabilities and are highly aggressive. High-ranking individuals have kelp on their heads. But what motivates them, if anything at all? "
- Text (EU/OC): "It seems that some Octarians can assume a humanoid form. These specimens have superior physical capabilities, and are highly aggressive. High-ranking individuals have kelp on their heads. But what motivates them, if anything at all?"
- Level: Unidentified Flying Object
- Location: At the third checkpoint, behind the ramp. After hitting the third checkpoint, go to the set of stairs leading to the ramp with grates bridging it and the next platform. Drop through the grates and face the backside of the ramp to collect the scroll.
- Description: Papers and pictures of Octolings and Elite Octolings.
- Text (NA): "With creatures of the surface driven to extinction by rising sea levels, the ancestors of Inklings were free to haul their 10-legged bodies up onto the abandoned land. This is how the Mollusc Era began."
- Text (EU/OC): "With the creatures of the surface driven to extinction by rising sea levels, the ancestors of the Inklings were free to haul their ten-legged bodies up onto the abandoned land. This is how the Mollusc Era began."
- Level: Inkrail Skyscape
- Location: At the third checkpoint, behind the second wall. When you hit the third checkpoint, go up the first wall using the Inkrail. Splat the two enemies, then activate the three inkrails leading up the wall. Instead of jump all the way up, get in the second inkrail and follow it around the wall to find a platform with the scroll on it.
- Description: A parody of the painting known as "March of Progress" by Rudolf Zallinger.
- Text (NA): "Twice a year, the Inkopolis Collection fashion show captures the hearts, minds, and wallets of the city's youth. Is there no room in these creatures' minds for anything but battle and fashion? "
- Text (EU/OC): "Twice a year, the Inkopolis Collection fashion show captures the hearts and minds of the city's youth. Is there no room in these creatures' minds for anything besides battle and fashion?"
- Level: Inkvisible Avenues
- Location: At the second checkpoint, under the invisible ramp. When you hit the second checkpoint, the crate containing the scroll is completely visible, however it is obstructed by a large, invisible ramp. Spray the ramp (and splat the oncoming octoballs). Stand at the top of the ramp and jump off the side. Angle your momentum toward the underside of the ramp. If done correctly, you should land right next to the crate containing the scroll.
- Description: What can be assumed as fashion magazine covers, featuring jellyfish in various fashionable wear.
- Text (NA): "The first battles of the Great War ended in victory for the Octarian forces. The diligent Octarians easily dominated the Inklings, who were unable to wake up early enough in the morning to defend themselves."
- Text (EU/OC): "The first battles of the Great War ended in victory for the Octarian forces. The diligent Octarians easily dominated the Inklings, who were unable to wake up early in the morning. The Inklings have long led a hedonistic style of life."
- Level: Flooder Junkyard
- Location: At the first checkpoint, under the platform with the Inkrail. When you hit the first checkpoint, proceed like you normally would until you reach the platform with the Inkrail. Turn right, and on the end there will be a platform with the back of an Inkrail. Shoot the front of the Inkrail, which is underneath the first platform, then use the inkrail to get to it. The scroll will be there, and you can take the Inkrail to get back.
- Description: A gyotaku ink rubbing of a beaten squid.
- Text (NA/EU/OC): "Heralded by loud explosions, the 'Great Octoweapons' quickly stormed the Inklings' central stronghold. Victory for the Octarians seemed all but certain, but due to a plug being carelessly pulled from its socket, their hopes were dashed."
- Level: Shifting Splatforms
- Location: At the second checkpoint, beside the large wall. When landing on the checkpoint, you will be facing a large wall with shifting platforms and two Octocopters overhead. Rather than engaging them, go on the path to the right. Around the corner of the wall will be three large crates. Splat them and collect the scroll.
- Description: A parody of the infamous picture of the Loch Ness Monster, also known as "Nessie".
- Text (NA): "Lady Luck shone down on the Inklings, and historians today agree that the Inklings' victory over the Octarians was mostly due to their superior number of limbs."
- Text (EU/OC): "Lady Luck had smiled down upon the Inklings, and this turned the tide. Historians today generally agree that the Inklings' victory over the Octarians in their final struggle was largely due to their superior number of limbs."
- Level: Octoling Assault
- Location: At the far North of the map, along the wall in the Northeastern corner. Go through the level as you normally would. One you have reached the geyser leading up to the zapfish, turn around to face the South, toward your original spawn. Go along the elevated path to the left until you reach the small crate containing the scroll.
- Description: A group of Inklings celebrating their victory over the Octarians with Judd, most likely inspired by "Liberty Leading the People", a painting by Eugène Delacroix in 1830.
- Text (NA): "This is the only existing photograph of the legendary Squidbeak Splatoon. The young man folding his arms appears to be the leader. When the picture was taken, the Great Turf War had been raging on for over a year."
- Text (EU/OC): "This is the only remaining photograph of the Squidbeak Splatoon. The unknown young man folding his arms appears to be the leader. At the time this picture was taken, the Great Turf War had been raging on for over a year."
- Level: Undeniable Flying Object
- Location: In the northeastern corner of the map, hidden behind a wall. Go through the level normally, preferably sticking to the right side. When you reach the checkpoint right before the grated ramp and walkway, look towards the right behind the wall. There will be a crate containing the scroll.
- Description: A platoon of Inklings, as well as Ammoses Shellendorf and Judd, led by a younger Cap'n Cuttlefish.
- Text (NA): "Before the Great Turf War, there were amicable relations between the Inklings and the Octarians. They couldn't have dreamed that rising sea levels would force them to battle fiercely over the remaining territory."
- Text (EU/OC): "Before the Great Turf War, there were friendly relations between the Inklings and Octarians. They could not have dreamed that further rising sea levels would soon force them to battle fiercely over the remaining territory."
- Level: Propeller-Lift Fortress
- Location: At the third checkpoint on a floating platform above the pool. After hitting the checkpoint, use the turret to hit the fan, bringing the platform over to you. As you defeat the enemies, keep note of the taller portion of the wall to the left. Ink a trail up that rather than the main wall when you reach the end of the pool. Climb up it, spray the ground and turn around. Using the ink you sprayed, jump over to the platform as a squid and get the scroll within the crate. If you went up the short part of the wall, don't worry. You can still pray the fan to move the platform out so you can try again.
- Description: A possible parody picture of Prime Minister Winston Churchill and President Franklin Roosevelt, but with DJ Octavio and Cap'n Cuttlefish
- Text (NA): "These two cousins from Calamari County won Inkopolis's first annual Youth Folk-Singing Contest. Their remarkable voices earned them a standing ovation from all present and catapulted them into the spotlight!"
- Text (EU/OC): " 'Victory in the Kids' Folk Singing Contest went to these two cousins from the Calamari Region. Their remarkable voices had ink pressures riding high throughout the audience, and earned them a standing ovation from all present!' "
- Level: Octosniper Ramparts
- Location: At the second checkpoint under a net. When you get to the second checkpoint, go up the ramp and splat the Octosniper. After that is done, go through the net directly in front of the late Octosniper in squid form. You'll find the crate containing the scroll inside.
- Description: A picture of a young Callie and Marie, wearing kimonos and holding a trophy and a certificate.
- Text (NA): "It's Black Friday every day at the Booyah Base Ultra-Mega-Hyper Sale! Every deal's a doorbuster! If you want to be the FRESHEST squid in Inkopolis, you CANNOT miss this incredible shopportunity!"
- Text (EU/OC): " 'It's midsummer every day at the Booyah Base Ultra Mega Hyper Sale! Everything's a must-buy! If YOU want to be the freshest squid in Inkopolis, you CANNOT miss this inkredible shopportunity! Race down to Booyah Base today!' "
- Level: Spinning Spreaders
- Location: At the first checkpoint on a floating platform to the right of the spinning scrubbers. After you reach the first checkpoint, proceed as you usually would until you get to the second set of spinning spreaders the longer one. Stand on one of the long scrubbers and ink it. As you ride it you should see the platform with the crate containing the scroll on it. Ink the wall of the platform and jump to it as a squid to collect the scroll.
- Description: Various pieces of gear from Booyah Base, as well as the Splattershot, Carbon Roller, and Classic Squiffer. Interestingly, it includes the Stealth Goggles despite them not having been released until Version 2.0.0. The patterned shirt similar to the Baby-Jelly Shirt at the top has never been released and is referred to as the "Shirtstravaganza" in Splatoon's files.
- Text (NA): "Is the big fluffy one providing shelter for the little fishy one, or is the little fishy one manipulating the big fluffy one? We may never know..."
- Text (EU/OC): "Is the big fluffy one providing shelter for the little fishy one, or is the little fishy one manipulating the big fluffy one? We may never know...and perhaps it doesn't matter..."
- Level: Tumbling Splatforms
- Location: At the final checkpoint in the wall after the first drop. After getting the final checkpoint, head past the two rotation platforms and climb the wall. After dropping past the wall you just climbed, turn around and ink the wall. Swim up the ink into the crevice to find the scroll.
- Description: A picture of a sea anemone with a pair of clown fish, most likely a reference to Annie and Moe.
- Text (NA): "Squid Squad's new album, Fresh Kids, takes their trademark squidcore sound to a whole new level! Critics call it 'an aural buffet of squidiosyncratic psychedelicacy!' The perfect theme for any Turf War! On sale now!"
- Text (EU/OC): " 'Squid Squad's new album, "Fresh Kids", takes their trademark squidcore sound to a whole new level! Critics call it "an aural buffet of squidiosyncratic psychedelicacy!" The perfect theme for any Turf War! On sale now!' "
- Level: Octoling Uprising
- Location: At the final checkpoint under the grate ramp just ahead of the inkrail. Get to the far Northern part of the map from spawn. Directly in front of the inkrail leading up to the Zapfish is a grate ramp. Go through it in squid form and find the scroll at the bottom.
- Description: A picture of the four members of the band Squid Squad, as well as a few concert buttons.
- Text (NA): "What is this? It looks like the proprietor of that shoe shop! Could there have been an ancient creature that consumed prawns as food?! A terrifying thought indeed..."
- Text (EU/OC): "What is this? It looks just like the proprietor of that shoe shop. Could there have been a creature that consumed prawns as food?! A terryfying thought indeed..."
- Level: Unwelcome Flying Object
- Location: At the Northeastern part of the map at the end of a side path. Go through the level normally until you reach the checkpoint just after the central area of the map. Take a right through the wired fence and continue down that path. Defeat the Octarian along it and grab the scroll.
- Description: An image of fried prawns with a how-to cooking guide. Most likely a reference to Crusty Sean.
- Text (NA): "From the depths of the sea we emerged long ago, seeking the light of the surface. In search of still greater lights, we now send this message into outer space, sealed in a disk. Perhaps one day, we will encounter other intelligent life..."
- Text (EU/OC): " 'From the depths of the sea we emerged long ago, seeking the light of the surface. In search of still greater lights, we now send this message into outer space, sealed in a disk. Perhaps one day, we will meet others like ourselves...' "
- Level: Splat-Switch Revolution
- Location: At the second checkpoint, behind the splat switch contraption. After hitting the second checkpoint, go through it normally until the launchpad on the wall later is available after activating the splat switch. Rather than climbing the wall and jumping into the launchpad, go around it on one of the side platforms and jump to the platform behind the wall where the scroll is located.
- Description: A parody of the Voyager Golden Record.
- Text (NA): "The customary chorus of Calamari County. Nowadays, this song and dance may as well be carved into the very DNA of all Inklings. It began as a way to celebrate and show respect for the bounty of the sea."
- Text (EU/OC): "The traditional Calamari Shanty of the Calamari Region. Nowadays, this song and dance may as well be carved into the very DNA of all Inklings. It originated as a way to celebrate the sea and give thanks for its bounty."
- Level: Spongy Observatory
- Location: At the second checkpoint underneath the platform you start on. When you land on this checkpoint, proceed to the sponge, but do not inflate it. Look down past it to find two lower sponges. Inflate one of them and jump on it. From squid form, jump off of it onto the platform under the one that holds the checkpoint to receive the scroll.
- Description: A note sheet is written into this scroll. The song in question is the same song the Squid Sisters sing during the final phase of the battle against DJ Octavio in Enter the Octobot King!
- Text (NA/EU/OC): "Why are we here? For what purpose do we exist? We must not dwell on these questions. We can merely trust in the will of the universe and spend our days and nights in harmony with the world, celebrating this festival called Life."
- Level: Pinwheel Power Plant
- Location: At the second checkpoint on the floating platform to the left of the second pinwheel. When you arrive at the second checkpoint go down the drop and up the wall to get to the second pinwheel. Splat the Octotrooper and ride one of the spinning platforms to jump across to the floating platform and get the scroll. It should be noted that the jump can only be made in squid form.
- Description: A picture of a fax machine with ofuda talismans, surrounded by candles. This fax machine shows up whenever a Splatfest theme is announced.
- Text (NA): "Though academic circles warn of rising sea levels, the policy makers pay them no heed. At this rate, human civilization may be lost beneath the tide. Will even this furry fellow be consumed by the raging ocean?"
- Text (EU/OC): " 'Though academic circles warn of rising sea levels, the policy makers pay them no heed. At this rate, human civilisation may end up buried beneath the waves. Will even this furry fellow be consumed by the raging ocean?' "
- Level: Far-Flung Flooders
- Location: At the first checkpoint, on a lone island found using a hidden launchpad. Traverse along the tops of the walls after getting the first checkpoint as usual, but instead of going into the launchpad, drop behind it. You should land on a platform connected to another launchpad. Use it to launch to a floating island where the scroll awaits in the center.
- Description: A picture of a human with Judd the Cat.
- Text (NA/EU/OC): "A 12,000-year-old fossil of a creature with an odd internal skeleton. Its small skull indicates the creature was likely primitive with little intelligence. This specimen appears to have been fossilized in the middle of some kind of ritual."
- Level: Octoling Onslaught
- Location: At the Southwestern corner of the map. As soon as the mission starts, if you look to the left to the level platform across the map, you should be able to see the crate containing the scroll. If you are familiar with the Saltspray Rig map in multiplayer, the scroll is located where the enemy spawn point would be. Work through the level as normal until you get to the slopes leading to the central area of the map. Rather than following that path, go to the left of it and you should see an inkrail. Ride up the inkrail and follow the path to the scroll. An enemy Octoling will super jump in, so watch out.
- Description: A fossilized human skeleton with a Wii U GamePad, a box with the Wii U logo, a disc, and a Wii Remote strapped to a Wii U Pro Controller, referencing the hidden alternative two-player controller option for the Battle Dojo mode.
- Text (NA): "Oh, my beloved Judd... It seems the day has finally come. This capsule is designed to remain cryogenically sealed for 10,000 years. Good-bye, my purrfect little kitty cat. May your meows echo through the ages."
- Text (EU/OC): " 'Oh, my beloved Judd... It seems the day has finally come. This capsule is designed to remain cryogenically sealed for 10,000 years. Good-bye, my purrfect little kitty cat. May the future be kind to you...' "
- Level: Unavoidable Flying Object
- Location: Along the western wall of the map on top of a wall. This scroll will be easily seen if you go to the central pillar of the map and take a left. However, the scroll cannot be reached this way. Go to the northern end of the map and take a U-turn around the left wall. There should be an Octosniper waiting for you. Splat the Octosniper, climb the various slopes, and shoot the crate sitting atop the wall to find the scroll.
- Description: A picture of Judd the Cat being sealed inside of a cryogenic capsule.
- Text (NA): "•Anti-octopus Weapon Blueprints •Designer: Ammoses Shellendorf •Ammo Knights, Booyah Base 1F, Inkopolis 11-1"
- Text (EU/OC): "•Anti-Octopus Weapon Prototypes •Designer: Ammoni Shellendorf •Ammo Knights, Booyah Base, Inkopolis 11-1"
- Levels: The Mighty Octostomp!, The Dreaded Octonozzle!, The Rampaging Octowhirl!, The Ravenous Octomaw!, Enter the Octobot King!
- Location: Defeat a Boss and the scroll will appear in the center of the platform next to the Zapfish, with the only exception being Enter the Octobot King! In Enter the Octobot King!, after you have beaten the first phase of the boss and taken the launchpad, knock him back with his fists twice. The crate containing the scroll will be on the platform reached after using the second Propeller-Lift.
- Description: Blueprints created by Ammoses Shellendorf for the Custom Splattershot Jr., Kelp Splat Charger, Aerospray MG, Aerospray RG, and Aerospray PG, New Squiffer, and Dynamo Roller, Gold Dynamo Roller, and Tempered Dynamo Roller.
- Text (NA): "•Anti-octopus Weapon [TOP SECRET] •Designer: Ammoses Shellendorf •Ammo Knights, Booyah Base 1F, Inkopolis 11-1"
- Text (EU/OC): "•Anti-octopus Weapon [TOP SECRET] •Designer: Ammoni Shellendorf •Ammo Knights, Booyah Base, Inkopolis 11-1"
- Levels: Enter the Octobot King! from the amiibo challenges.
- Location: Automatically rewarded after completing the final mission given by an amiibo.
- Description: Blueprints created by Ammoses Shellendorf for the Hero Charger, Hero Roller, and Hero Shot.
List of Scrolls in Splatoon 2
- Text: "A shock wave struck while one young lady was performing at the recent Youth Folk-Singing contest, doing damage to the venue. Fortunately no one was injured."
- Description: Pictures of a young Pearl singing and a broken speaker, taped over a newspaper article.
- Text: "Music heads are still buzzing over that legendary underground show two years ago. Anyone lucky enough to catch DJ Octavio's opening set and the Squid Sisters headlining had their minds blown and their lives changed that night."
- Description: A picture of the final battle of Splatoon's Hero Mode, a firefight between a female Agent 3 and DJ Octavio. Several Octarians, including an Octoling and Marina can be seen in the audience.
- Text: "WE'RE MOVING! Ammo Knights will be moving to a new location soon. Many thanks to our loyal customers for your support."
- Description: An Ammo Knights flyer and two 30% off coupons. This shows how Ammo Knights is now in Inkopolis Square and the original location in Inkopolis Plaza was shut down. However the Squid Sisters Stories describes it as a second location.
- Text: "This looks to be a do-it-yourself guide of starting your own mobile business. It looks new, but somebody must've been frying something near it. It has some grease stains on it."
- Description: A book with a food truck on the cover, and a stained menu clipped to some spreadsheets; they have apparently been used by Crusty Sean in setting up the Crust Bucket and quitting Shrimp Kicks.
- Text: "This looks like a get-rich-quick scheme by some shady guy with crazy hair. "I made a cool 10 million G in a year by just sitting around! Ask me how! Do people really fall for this bilge?"
- Description: A post-it note on an article showing a schematic with a Super Sea Snail, a laptop, a tree and coins, as well as a blurry photograph of Spyke.
- Text: What could have happened to the two embracing? No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
- Description: A handwritten music sheet, a guitar pick, and a picture of Bisk in a suit embracing a different spider crab in a dress.
- Text: "Many travelers find themselves in Inkopolis Square at some point in their journey. Youth from far-flung seas gather in this colorful hub of comings, goings, meetings, and farewells."
- Description: A plane ticket, a page with visa stamps, and a picture of Flow wearing a backpack and Craymond reading a map.
- Text: "Inkopolis holds its famous card-game tournament once a year. This year, first-time entrant Jelfonzo appeared on the scene and promptly set about decimating the competition. He walked away with the first-place trophy."
- Description: Game cards, containing pictures of Inklings and jellyfish. It is a parody of Hyakunin Isshu cards.
- Text: "Net the freshest gear around! Get the abilities you've always dreamed about! Orders will be fulfilled by that weird kid with the spiky hair. Interested? Send inquiries to Annie."
- Description: Several stickers showing drawings of various pieces of gear. One sticker contains a drawing of Annie and Moe. This is a reference to the SplatNet 2 shop.
- Text: "There's a new fish in the sea! Come check out The Shoal! The most entertaining destination in Inkopoli is now OPEN!"
- Description: An advert for The Shoal in a newspaper, accompanied by a stampcard and tickets.
- Text: "Major changes to regulations by the powers that be have led to a call for the complete replacement and overhaul of all special weapons. Designers and manufacturers are struggling to comply with this new regulation."
- Description: Three protest signs, the right one showing a drawing of an Inkstrike on a cardboard sign, the left one showing an Inkzooka inside of a diamond ring. This is the in game explanation of why no Special Weapons return from the first game.
- Text: "These must be photographs taken by some young-adult Inklings. Are these so-called Tweenklings trying to convince their peers that their lives are exciting and full of meaning? Or are they trying to convince themselves?"
- Description: Three screenshots of Inkling social media. The text parallels actual arguments about social media.
- Text: "The most fashionable gear is crafted with the latest in textile technology. Heating materials to produces smooth curves or distressing stiff fabrics to increase suppleness and change their look are common techniques."
- Description: Schematics for a Norimaki 750 shoe and Inkopolis Squaps Jersey.
- Text: "The latest research has produced startling revelations about Inkling ink! One thought to simply disappear after a while, Inkling ink is actually rapidly disintegrated by airborne microbes!"
- Description: An X-ray image of an Inkling, highlighting her ink sac, and an infographic showing microbes and a scientist Octarian. The topic of Ink disappearing was also covered by Sunken Scroll 7 in the first game.
- Text: "Don't slip up and miss the new album by Wet Floor, on sale now! Their style changes like the shifting tides of ink in a battle. Full color or monochromatic, smooth or staccato, or lush and dripping with sound, it's ROCK for a new generation!"
- Description: The album's cover art and track listing, and a Wet Floor sticker.
- Text: "NOW HIRING EGG COLLECTORS - No experience required! All ages and backgrounds welcome! A fun way to make some quick G! Grab a friend and join up together!"
- Description: An anti-Salmonid poster and a poster that could be a Grizzco Industries recruitment poster or a poster for a Salmon Run related movie.
- Text: ""When smoke rises from the seven rings, The [sic] pinkfish will emerge from the sea, devouring all the creatures of the land." -The Book of Madai, chapter 10, verse 10"
- Description: A scrap from a religious text, with an illustration showing two Inklings walking away from a horde of Salmonids, as well as seven rings in the sky.
- Text: "This appears to be a painting from the Middle Ages. It depicts a great migration of salmon said to occur once every 70 years."
- Description: A painting of Salmonids. This migration could possibly be happening at the time of Splatoon 2, which may explain why Grizzco Industries is hiring Inkling for Salmon Run.
- Text: "Salmonids are known to keep their weapons in tip-top shape. The frying pans they wield have often been passed down from generation to generation. You can see the unwavering pride of these fierce warriors in their (somewhat crazed) eyes."
- Description: A picture of a Salmonid admiring his wall of battle gear.
- Text: "Don't miss Problem Solved: Studying with Marie! on SBS this Thursday night (and every week thereafter!) at 25:00 sharp! Tune in for a few study tips and a whole lot of procrastination!"
- Description: A keychain resembling Marie's squid form in its packaging, and a picture of Marie sitting at a kotatsu while studying next to a microphone.
- Text: "Pandemonium ensued when pop star Callie was spotted at the airport by fans after wrapping up filming for her new upcoming TV drama in New Sardine. She smiled through it all, but it's clear to this reporter that the pressure of fame is getting to her."
- Description: The front page of a tabloid newspaper showing a large picture of Callie surrounded by fans, and a small picture of Marie.
- Text: "Hey, squidkids! It's me Callie! ♡ It's been so long since I've written a proper blog post! <:三 <:三 Being on my own like this, I've got time to think, but sometimes I think too much! (>_<;) But I'm really psyched for filming today! Stay fresh! (`ω´)"
- Description: A smartphone and a screen shot, both showing Callie's weblog. The former shows a picture of a flower, the latter a sad squid drawn onto foggy glass.
- Text: "Do you every think, 'Man this place is UUUUUUUGLY! My evil lair could use some pizazz!'? Well, just whip out some fabric and tape, and get your decorate on! It looks great, feels great, and it's fun! Give it a try, and stay fresh!"
- Description: A hand-drawn guide for decorating an Octarian lair, presumably made by Callie after she was brainwashed by DJ Octavio. This might explain the glittery Ink effects seen exclusively in Octo Canyon.
- Text: "This looks to be a thesis on the massive weaponry employed by the Octarians. Specifically, this research shows how sentient tentacles are implanted in their machines as a means of control. This science is at least 15 years ahead of the rest of the world!"
- Description: A research paper showing a schematic for the creation of the Octostomp, and a complex chemical structure. This explains why a single tentacle has to be splatted while fighting Bosses.
- Text: "My dearest Callie and Marie -(STOP)- On a research trip to the cape with Agt 3 -(STOP)- May be late, but left dinner in the fridge -(STOP)-"
- Description: A postcard from Cap'n Cuttlefish, a map, and a fishing lure. Agent 3 was the role the player assumed in the first game's single player modes. This reveals what happened to Cap'n Cuttlefish when he disappeared, shown in the Squid Sisters Stories, and why he doesn't appear in this game.
- Text: "Calamari Research Labs Video Log #5628: This coffin-like is a historical relic of the old world and is kept under strict lock and key. I unplugged it by accident while cleaning the other day, but it seems to still be running somehow..."
- Description: Security footage from Calamari Research Labs, highlighting that a cleaner has accidentally unplugged Judd's capsule. Inexplicably, it still appears to be functioning.
- Text: "Oh, Judd. When your capsule opens in the future, you may find yourself alone. Should that be the case, I ask you to re-energize the capsule once again. Oh, dearest Judd, I only hope that you can forgive me for all I've put you through."
- Description: Sonographs of dividing cells, a cat fetus, and Li'l Judd, on top of a schematic of Judd inside his capsule.
- Text: "Welcome to Octo Canyon, the words most gorgeous gorge. Collect all of the commemorative souvenir stickers!"
- Description: Five stickers corresponding to the five sectors that they're found in, by bursting Balloons.
- If a player gets the Sunken Scroll but gets splatted before they reach the next Checkpoint, they will lose it and will have to pick it up again.
- In amiibo challenges, the crate that would contain the Sunken Scroll in Octo Valley mode will have 10 Power Eggs in it instead.
A Sunken Scroll located in Urchin Underpass.
An Inkling collecting the Sunken Scroll located in Urchin Underpass.
Another flip book easter egg in bottom right-hand corner of scrolls in Splatoon 2.
Names in other languages