Octo Canyon (mode)
Octo Canyon (also known as Hero Mode) is a singleplayer game mode in Splatoon 2. It involves the player donning the Hero Suit handed down from Agent 3 (although both Hero Suits look dissimilar) and venturing into a hidden, underground canyon where the Octarians have relocated to since the events of Splatoon, to rescue Inkopolis Squares' stolen Great Zapfish and re-defeat the Octarian army.
Octo Canyon functions in the almost exact same way as Octo Valley did, with the addition of new enemies and new mechanics. The Player is given many different weapon choices as the story progresses in Octo Canyon. They are given to Agent 4 from Sheldon, and they include the Hero Shot, the Hero Roller, the Hero Charger, the Hero Dualies, the Hero Brella, the Hero Splatling, the Hero Blaster, the Hero Slosher, and the Herobrush. Players will again battle Octarians once in a world from Suction-Cup Lookout to Cephalon HQ.
- See more: Mechanics
- Main article: Octo Canyon (mode)/Stats
|1. Return of the Octarians||2. Welcome to Octopia||3. Sunset Octocopter||Boss 1: Into the Octo Oven|
|Rescue the Zapfish!||The Summer Wind Rises||Dash and Jump||Industrial Toast|
|4. Enter the Octohurler||5. The Octopark||6. Octozeppelin Invasion||7. Back-Alley Cleanup|
|Let It Roll||Stay On Your Grind||Time to Set Sail||Suck It Up|
|8. Spinning Campground||9. Octoling Strike||Boss 2: Fear the Octo Samurai|
|Ink Me Out, Ink Me In||Riot in the Reef||The Showdown|
|10. Octoseeker Shakedown||11. The Floating Garden||12. Octo-Resort Spring||13. Dancing Floors|
|A Midnight Stroll||Chasing Heartache||Everybody Bounce||Ink Switcheroo|
|14. Parking Garage||15. Octoling Assault||Boss 3: The Octostomp Returns|
|Drive to the Finish||Pump Track It Up||Lips for Days|
|16. Secret Bowling Alley||17. Octocommander Fortress||18. Towering Heights||19. The Experimentorium|
|Rollin’ through the Ink||Child of the Battlefield||Climb and Slide||Floaty Fun|
|20. Propellerland||21. Octolings Ahoy!||Boss 4: The Octo Shower|
|Rubber Parasoles||Moray Twilight||Sanitizarium|
|22. Underground Expressway||23. The Octogalaxy||24. Transfer Junction||25. Platform Madhouse|
|Octobrush with Danger||One with the Cosmos||Intersection of the Soul||Please Mind the Gap|
|26. Paradise Lanes||27. Octoling Workout||Boss 5: Tide Goes Out|
|Get the Ball Rolling||Forge Those Mussels||Bomb Rush Blush|
Similar to Octo Valley, players wear the Hero Suit and use a wide variety of weapons.
A new Hero Suit is worn by Agent 4. It is primarily neon-yellow and has headphones similarly shaped to that of the first hero suit. This suit acts like an armor collectible in that it allows the player to take damage that would normally kill them once- then it needs to regenerate. While regenerating the suit, the player is slowed down. While in certain missions, Agent 4 can find Armour. It comes in cases found in various parts of the level. You can have up to two cases on at a time and it allows you to take damage that would normally kill you. If you finish a mission with any amount of armour on, you are rewarded with 10 extra power eggs.
- Hero Shot - The default weapon given and a P90-esque shooter-type weapon. It is similar to the Splattershot, but fires slower than it if it is not upgraded. It can be upgraded twice using Power Eggs and Sardinium, increasing the fire rate.
- Hero Roller - A modified Splat Roller with a build type of a Carbon Roller. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its damage and fling speed.
- Hero Charger - A modified Splat Charger. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its charge speed.
- Hero Dualies - A modified Splat Dualies. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its firing rate.
- Hero Slosher - A modified Slosher. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its firing speed and damage.
- Hero Splatling - A modified Heavy Splatling. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its charge speed.
- Hero Blaster - A modified Blaster. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its firing rate.
- Hero Brella - A modified Splat Brella. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its durability and brella recovery time.
- Herobrush - A modified Octobrush. Can be upgrade once with Power Eggs and Sardinium to increase its swiping speed, damage, and mobility.
The Ink Tank contains the ink consumed when using Main Weapons or Sub Weapons. Its ink supply can be replenished by swimming in ink. It can be upgraded twice with Power Eggs and Sardinium, increasing its capacity.
The Curling Bomb works like Inkopolis' ones. They travel across the ground, bouncing off walls, and explode after a set amount of time. Holding down will make them travel for a shorter distance before exploding. They can be unlocked with Sardinium and Power Eggs.
The Autobomb works just like the ones in Inkopolis. After hitting the ground, they will run towards any target they find in a certain radius, then start to explode. If they don't find a target, they will start exploding right away. They can be unlocked using Sardinium and Power Eggs.
- If the player enters Octo Canyon as an Octoling they will revert back to their latest Inkling they used, and switch back to an Octoling once the player returns to Inkopolis.
An Inkling looking at Marie standing on the Octo Canyon entrance.
|This article or section is a stub.
You can help the wiki by to it.