|“||For serious thrill seekers who've leveled up enough, these special battles put your rep on the line. Do well to improve your rank and even earn in-game rewards—and major bragging rights.||”|
— Splatoon's official website, 
Ranked Battle is one of the four multiplayer mode categories in Splatoon, along with Regular Battle, Squad Battle and Private Battle. It features three modes that rotate every four hours and is accessible once a player hits level 10. The modes included in this category require a higher level of strategy compared to Regular Battle, and wins and losses are counted toward players' ranks which are used for matchmaking. Ranks range from 'C-' to 'S+' and can be increased by winning matches. Ranked Battle was released when a large amount of players reached Level 10 on June 1st, 2015.
List of Current Modes
- Splat Zones - Plays similarly to the King of the Hill mode from other video games. It revolves around a central "zone" or "zones", which players must attempt to cover in ink. Whoever retains the zone for a certain amount of time wins.
- Tower Control - An Inkling must take control of a tower located in the center of a map and ride it towards the enemy base. The first team to get the tower to their enemy's base wins.
- Rainmaker - A player must grab and take the Rainmaker weapon to a pedestal near the enemy team's spawn point. The team who carries the Rainmaker furthest towards their respective pedestal wins.
Stages will rotate out every four hours along with the stages from Turf War, at 02:00, 06:00, 10:00, 14:00, 18:00, and 22:00 UTC. The change in stages are accompanied by an announcement from the Squid Sisters. This announcement will also boot all players out of the lobby after they finish their current match. The mode will also rotate between Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker at the same time.
- Main article: Music
- Splattack! by Squid Squad
- Ink or Sink by Squid Squad
- Seaskape by Squid Squad
- Kraken Up by Squid Squad
- Metalopod by Squid Squad
- Shellfie(NA)(EU/OC) / Friend List(JP) by Chirpy Chips(NA)(EU/OC) or ABXY(JP)
- Split and Splat / Quick Start(JP) by Chirpy Chips / ABXY
- Hooked by Hightide Era
- Sucker Punch by Hightide Era
- Victory theme
- Defeat theme
Unlike in Regular Battles, the music in a Ranked Battle does not change when there is one minute left.
- Originally, rank could go up by 20 points at a time. This can be seen in an image released before Splatoon was finalized.
- Once a player's rank changes after a match, a message saying "RANK CHANGED! Re-enter the lobby to pit your skills against players closer to you on rank!" will appear, and the player will be forced to exit.
Judd declaring a knockout win for a Ranked Battle. (Click to animate)
An early screenshot of receiving Battle Points after a Ranked Battle, showing the original higher reward.
Names in other languages
|French||Match pro||Pro Match|
|Italian||Partita pro||Pro Match|
|Spanish||Combate competitivo||Competitive Combat|
|Modes in Splatoon|