The defining feature of the stage is the two large sloped surfaces that descend down from the outer portion of the map to the lower area near the water. The Spawn points are located on elevated platforms that protrude outwards allowing players to access the right side of the map easily. Immediately in front there is a small flat area before the canal descends to the lower point. Players can however take a corridor to the left which will get them to the other side of a wall and to the other side of the slope. To the far sides of each map, the lowest flat areas can be found with some obstacles and a ramp only accessible from the lower area. The center of the map has a large lone barricade, the wall can be inked but the top of it is uninkable.
Ranked Battle Terrain
In Ranked Battle, specifications for the terrain or placement of objects are different between the modes; these changes create new paths or new objects to take cover behind.
The Splat Zone is located at the very center of the map on the low area with the barricade. The map is completely unchanged in this mode.
The Tower is located at the center of the map in place of the barricade. The tower will retreat back towards your base and go left before going forwards over the water towards the enemy base and reaching its final destination on the flat area at the top of the slope in front of their base. Inkrails have been added in front of spawn to facilitate getting into the fight faster.
- The first checkpoint is located at opposing ends of the central lower platform.
- The second checkpoint is located after the tower has retreated and gone left, before it changes directions and heads over the water towards the enemy base.
- The third checkpoint is located immediately after the tower has cleared the water.
The Rainmaker will be located on top of the barricade at the center of the stage. The goal is located where each team's Spawn point would usually be, ramps having been added to facilitate this. The Spawn Points have been moved one layer up on a newly added platform. Players can take a more direct approach to the area, can access some newly added inkable walls up the left side of the map or infiltrate from the right side.
The baskets are located in the flat area in front of spawn. The map is relatively unchanged barring the addition of a Inkrail that goes over the water canal designed to be another path to reach the opposing team's basket.
|View the quotation page.|
- The stage name is a reference to the family Lutjanidae, known as snapper fish.
- The internal codename for this stage in the game files is "Kawa", from the Japanese 川 (かわ), "River".
- Pearl said that her dad taught her how to ride a bike as a kid here, but according to Marina, she still uses training wheels.
- It is stated that Snapper Canal was already under construction when Pearl was a child and is still ongoing, implying its construction has lasted at least twenty years.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Canalmar||From canal and calmar (squid)|
|French (NOE)||Canalamar||From canal and calamar (squid)|
|Italian||Canale Cannolicchio||Grooved Razor Shell Canal|
|"Under bridges", a pun on the Подмосковье Podmoskov'ye, an area near Moscow, the capital of Russia|