In Splatoon, Ammo Knights can be accessed from Booyah Base and sells weapons of five weapon classes: shooters, chargers, rollers, splatlings, and sloshers, which can be purchased with cash earned from multiplayer matches and amiibo challenges. It also features a shooting range to experiment with potential purchases, which can be accessed by pressing . However, most weapons may only be purchased after reaching a certain level, and some can only be obtained after completing specific missions in Octo Valley. Players can tilt to rotate their Inkling or Octoling and click to try on the highlighted weapon, and pressing purchases this item. Pressing or allows players to enter Cooler Heads and pressing or similarly allows them to enter Shrimp Kicks, while pressing takes players back to Inkopolis Plaza. displays further information about the selected item.
For a list of merchandise, see List of Weapons in Splatoon.
In Splatoon 2, Sheldon relocated his shop to Inkopolis Square and can be accessed from the Galleria. With the relocating came a new assortment of weapons and two new weapon classes. Shooters, chargers, rollers, splatlings, sloshers, dualies and brellas can be purchased with cash earned from multiplayer matches and Salmon Run shifts. Just like the first game, it also features a shooting range to experiment with potential purchases, which can be accessed by pressing . However, most weapons may only be purchased after reaching a certain level, and some can only be obtained after completing all missions in Octo Canyon with specific weapons. Players can tilt to rotate their Inkling or Octoling and click to try on the highlighted weapon, and pressing purchases this item. Pressing allows players to enter Headspace and pressing similarly allows them to enter Shella Fresh, while pressing takes players back to Inkopolis Square. Pressing makes Sheldon give further information about the selected item, while speeds this up. Pressing will cancel this.
For a list of merchandise, see List of Weapons in Splatoon 2.
- Main article: Music
- In Splatoon, a variation of DJ Lee Fish' song Lookin' Fresh can be heard in the shop.
- In Splatoon 2, a variation of DJ Real Sole's song New You can be heard in the shop.
- Main article: Shooting Range
The shooting range can be accessed from Ammo Knights by pressing . This location lets the player use weapons in a closed environment before purchasing them. The player can press to open a menu and select the option to go back to Ammo Knights. Even after a weapon is bought, the player is still able to access the shooting range and test it there.
The shooting range returns to Splatoon 2 and can be accessed from Ammo Knights by pressing . Like the original game, this location lets the player use weapons in a closed environment before purchasing them. The player can press to open a menu and select the option to go back to Ammo Knights. The option to still be able to access the shooting range and test weapons after they are bought is still there from the previous game.
The Ammo Knights pattern on a wall at Mahi-Mahi Resort.
The Ammo Knights logo on a Balloon Fish.
A worn Ammo Knights label on DJ Octavio's snow globe.
The Ammo Knights logo used as a Weapon Brand.
- "Ammo Knights" is a play on the word "ammonite," an extinct marine mollusk.
- Ammo Knights was previously owned by Ammoses Shellendorf, Sheldon's grandfather.
- Ammoses Shellendorf was also the creator of many weapons sold in Ammo Knights, as well as a member of the Squidbeak Splatoon.
- There is a picture of an unnamed relative of Sheldon's hanging on the wall in Ammo Knights. He appears very similar to Sheldon, but seems to be slightly heavier and sports a large mustache. He has not been seen or otherwise identified anywhere else in Splatoon.
- The walls behind each Spawn Point at Mahi-Mahi Resort are patterned with Ammo Knights' logo.
- Balloon Fish and the snow globe containing DJ Octavio have an Ammo Knights logo and label, respectively.
- The Weapons on the back wall show that the parts of the weapons holding ink are transparent.
- In all of the weapons that the player can buy at the bottom, the ink is white.
- In Splatoon's Boss Scroll, it was revealed that Ammo Knights is located at the address; Ammo Knights, Booyah Base 1F, Inkopolis 11-1.
- In Sunken Scroll 3, it shows how Ammo Knights has moved to Inkopolis Square and the original location in Inkopolis Plaza was shut down, however the Squid Sisters Stories describe it as a second location.
- As of 3.0.0, an advertisement for the Galleria location is one of the rotating ads on the left side jumbotron in Inkopolis Square, located just above-left of the store itself.
- Green Ammo Knights shipping containers with name and logo can be found in Port Mackerel.
Names in other languages
|Yellowtail arms, or a play on the words "Cambrian" and arms.|
|French (NOA)||Alassaut||From à l'assaut (to storm)|
|French (NOE)||Marée Armée||Armed Tide|
|German||Kalmarsenal||From "Kalmare" (squid) and "arsenal"|
|Italian||Antica armeria||Old Armory|
|Russian||Меч и Хвост
Mech i Khvost
|Sword and Tail (pun on мечехвост mecheckhvost, horseshoe crab)|
|Spanish||Armería Todotinta||Shellendorf's Armory|
Ammo Knights, Booyah Base 1F, Inkopolis 11-1
|French (NOE)||Marée Armée, galerie Lacravette - RdC, place de Chromopolis||Ammo Knights, Booyah Base, Inkopolis - RdC, Inkopolis Square|
|German||Kalmarsenal (Bouillabasar), Inkopolis||Ammo Knights (Booyah Base), Inkopolis|
|Italian||c/o Antica Armeria, Centro commerciale Calamarama,
Piazza centrale 1 1-1, Coloropoli
|c/o Ammo Knights, Booyah Base,|
Square central 1 1-1, Inkopolis
|Spanish (NOE)||Armería Toditinta. Zona de tiendas, bajo 1. Cromópolis||Ammo Knights. Booyah Base, floor 1. Inkopolis|
- Splatoon 2, Squid Sisters Stories
- Pre-release material
- abbreviation of Rue du Commerce which means shopping district