Ammo Knights is the weapon shop run in the Splatoon series. It has appeared in all three Splatoon games, with separate stores in Inkopolis Square, Inkopolis Plaza, and Splatsville. In each game it is run by Sheldon, though in the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass, the Inkopolis locations are run by Shelly and Donny (for Inkopolis Plaza and Inkopolis Square, respectively).
In Splatoon, Ammo Knights can be accessed from Booyah Base and sells weapons of five weapon classes: shooters, chargers, rollers, splatlings, and sloshers, which can be purchased with cash earned from multiplayer matches and amiibo challenges. It also features a test range to experiment with potential purchases. However, most weapons may only be purchased after reaching a certain level, and some can only be obtained after completing specific missions in Octo Valley.
Players can tilt to rotate their Inkling and click to try on the highlighted weapon, while pressing purchases the weapon. Pressing displays further information about the selected weapon. Players can press to test the selected weapon in the test range. Pressing or allows players to enter Cooler Heads and pressing or similarly allows them to enter Shrimp Kicks, while pressing takes players back to Inkopolis Plaza.
For a list of merchandise, see List of weapons in Splatoon.
In Splatoon 2, Sheldon relocated his shop to Inkopolis Square and can be accessed from the Galleria. With the relocating came a new assortment of weapons and two new weapon classes: the dualie and the brella. Weapons can be purchased with cash earned from multiplayer matches and Salmon Run shifts. However, most weapons may only be purchased after reaching a certain level, and some can only be obtained after completing all missions in Octo Canyon with specific weapons.
Players can tilt to rotate their character and click to try on the highlighted weapon, while pressing purchases the weapon. Pressing makes Sheldon give further information about the selected weapon, while speeds this up. Pressing cancels this. Players can press to test the selected weapon in the test range, similar to the previous game. Pressing allows players to enter Headspace and pressing similarly allows them to enter Shella Fresh, while pressing takes players back to Inkopolis Square.
For a list of merchandise, see List of weapons in Splatoon 2.
In Splatoon 3, Sheldon has once again relocated his shop, this time in Splatsville, and can be accessed there. He sells weapons from the previous games, as well as two new weapon classes: the stringer and the splatana. Unlike the previous games, instead of the traditional Cash, weapons are purchased with Sheldon Licenses earned by increasing the player's level and increasing a weapon's Freshness to 1 star. However, players have to be at least level 2 to be allowed to buy weapons here. Weapons at equal or below the player's level are bought with 1 license each. Unlike in previous games, the player can still buy weapons above their current level at the cost of 3 licenses each.
Players can tilt to rotate their character and click to try on the highlighted weapon, while pressing purchases this weapon. Pressing displays further information about the selected weapon. Pressing , while Sheldon gives further information about a weapon, speeds this up. Pressing cancels this. Players can press to test the selected weapon in the shop's test range, similar to the previous games. Pressing allows players to enter Hotlantis, and pressing similarly allows them to enter Naut Couture, while pressing takes players back to the square in Splatsville.
For a list of merchandise, see List of weapons in Splatoon 3.
- Main article: Music
- Main article: Test range
The test range can be accessed from Ammo Knights by pressing . This location lets the player use weapons (including yet-to-be-purchased ones) in a closed environment. The player can press to open a menu and select the option to go back to Ammo Knights.
The test range returns in Splatoon 2 and can be accessed from Ammo Knights by pressing . Like the original game, this location lets the player use weapons (including yet-to-be purchased ones) in a closed environment. The player can press to open a menu and select the option to go back to Ammo Knights.
The test range returns in Splatoon 3. The Ammo Knights test range can be accessed from the shop by pressing . Similar to the previous games, the test range lets the player use weapons before purchasing them. By pressing , the player can choose which weapon to use, and pressing opens a menu allowing the player to return to Ammo Knights or clean up the test range. This test range is smaller than those in the previous games as the main test range is in the Battle Lobby.
|And we're out of space. (Remind us not to let Sheldon tweet. Ever.) We actually do have new info about Ammo Knights: you now use Sheldon Licenses to get weapons! Earn 'em by ranking up or using the same weapon a lot. Try before you buy and hear Sheldon out! He knows his stuff.
— @SplatoonNA on Twitter
The exterior of Ammo Knights in Splatoon
Interior of Ammo Knights, showing the background
The smaller text on Ammo Knights' sign, likely the year it was established
The Ammo Knights pattern on a wall at Mahi-Mahi Resort
The Ammo Knights logo on a Balloon Fish
A worn Ammo Knights label on DJ Octavio's snow globe
The Ammo Knights logo used as a weapon brand
Ammo Knights as seen from the test range
The logos and a shopping bag for Ammo Knights, from The Art of Splatoon
Exterior shot of the Ammo Knights store in Inkopolis Square
Alternate logo seen on the door of Ammo Knights' Inkopolis Square shop.
A framed photo found inside Ammo Knights, presumed to be Ammoses Shellendorf
Alternate logos used by Ammo Knights seen in Splatoon 2's test range.
Banner present in Starfish Mainstage showcasing sponsors, including Ammo Knights
Banner advertising Ammo Knights seen in Blackbelly Skatepark
A Sign advertising Ammo Knights seen in Welcome to Octopia
A Billboard advertising Ammo Knights seen in Octo-Resort Spring
Another view on a billboard
The exterior of the Splatsville Ammo Knights
The interior of the Splatsville Ammo Knights
The background of the interior of the Splatsville Ammo Knights
The world map visible in the background of the Splatsville Ammo Knights
Map of the Splatsville Ammo Knights test range
The interior of the Inkopolis Plaza Ammo Knights, in Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass
The background of the interior of the Inkopolis Plaza Ammo Knights
The exterior of the Inkopolis Plaza Ammo Knights
- "Ammo Knights" is a play on the word "ammonite," an extinct subclass of cephalopods.
- Ammo Knights was previously owned by Ammoses Shellendorf, Sheldon's grandfather.
- There is a picture of Ammoses Shellendorf hanging on the wall in Ammo Knights.
- Ammoses Shellendorf was also the creator of many weapons sold in Ammo Knights, as well as a member of the Squidbeak Splatoon.
- The walls behind each spawn point at Mahi-Mahi Resort are patterned with Ammo Knights' logo.
- Balloon Fish and the snow globe containing DJ Octavio have an Ammo Knights logo and label, respectively.
- The weapons on the back wall show that the parts of the weapons holding ink are transparent.
- In all of the weapons that the player can buy at the bottom, the ink is white.
- In Splatoon's Boss Scroll, it was revealed that Ammo Knights is located at the address of Ammo Knights, Booyah Base 1F, Inkopolis 11-1.
- In Sunken Scroll 3, it shows how Ammo Knights has moved to Inkopolis Square and the original location in Inkopolis Plaza was shut down. However, the Squid Sisters Stories describe it as a second location.
- An advertisement for the Galleria location is one of the rotating ads on the left side jumbotron in Inkopolis Square, located just above-left of the store itself. The advertisement can also be seen on the jumbotron in Starfish Mainstage.
- Green Ammo Knights shipping containers with their name and logo can be found in Port Mackerel.
- Billboards, signs, and stickers advertising Ammo Knights can be seen in some Octo Canyon levels, although some are upside down.
- The funds from the sales of Sheldon's Picks were used to open the Ammo Knights in Inkopolis Square.
- Ammo Knights-branded bicycles can be found in Humpback Pump Track, Inkblot Art Academy, The Reef and Snapper Canal.
- Sunken Scroll 13 mentions that Sheldon expanded his business into the Splatlands one year ago.
Names in other languages
|Armada (Splatoon 2 & 3)
Ammo Knights (Splatoon)
|From à l'assaut ("to storm")
|From Kalmare ("squid") and arsenal
|Меч и Хвост
Mech i Khvost
|Sword and Tail[b]
Ammo Knights, Booyah Base 1F, Inkopolis 11-1
|Alassaut, Galeries Lacrevette, Place de Chromapolis
|Ammo Knights, Booyah Base, Inkopolis Plaza
|Marée Armée, Galeries Lacrevette - RdC, Place de Chromapolis
|Ammo Knights, Booyah Base - RdC,[c] Inkopolis Plaza
|Kalmarsenal (Bouillabasar), Inkopolis
|Ammo Knights (Booyah Base), Inkopolis
|c/o Antica Armeria, Centro commerciale Calamarama,
Piazza centrale 1 1-1, Coloropoli
|c/o Ammo Knights, Booyah Base,
Square central 1 1-1, Inkopolis
|Armería Toditinta. Zona de tiendas, bajo 1. Cromópolis
|Ammo Knights. Booyah Base, floor 1. Inkopolis
- Play on the words with Cambrian and arms
- Pun on мечехвост mecheckhvost ("horseshoe crab")
- Abbreviation of rez-de-chaussée ("ground floor")