DJ Lee Fish
From Inkipedia, the Splatoon wiki
- Main article: Music
- Ammo Knights version
- Cooler Heads version
- Jelly Fresh version
- Shrimp Kicks version
The Shrimp Kicks version is the one in Squid Beatz, implying that is the original version and the others are remixes.
- DJ Lee Fish is one of the four artists to have the equivalent of the Parental Advisory Label, the others being Turquoise October, the Squid Sisters, and DJ Real Sole.
- DJ Lee Fish's species is assumed from their name sounding like "jellyfish".
- Their Japanese name, "Lee F.", can be read as "reef".
- The four versions of Lookin' Fresh played in Booyah Base reflect each store and its shop keeper:
- Annie's has louder treble, i.e. vocals, and minimal percussion, giving it a weaker sound in that respect. This is a reflection of her shy, detached personality, as well as the fact that she sells gear for the top part of the buyer's body, hence the emphasis on the treble.
- Jelonzo's music is faded out except for the melody, the "center", because his gear goes on the middle part of the body. It also has many bubbly sound effects in the background, showing his bubbly and ecstatic personality as well as referencing his gelatinous species.
- Crusty Sean's has the bass turned all the way up and emphasizes percussion because his gear corresponds to the lower part of the body. Furthermore, the heavy beat gives it a bouncy sound, reflecting his outgoing personality.
- Sheldon's music is more distant, showing his separation from the others as a weapons dealer. It also has static and other sounds reminiscent of a military radio, as a reference to his obsession with the military.
- While DJ Lee Fish's songs don't have any significant presence in Splatoon 2, a distorted version of Lookin' Fresh can be heard from the Crust Bucket in Inkopolis Square, the same music played in his original store Shrimp Kicks.
Characters in Splatoon