- This article is about the character. For the mission by the same name, see The Rampaging Octowhirl!.
The Octowhirl was an Octoweapon created during The Great Turf War by the Octarians. When everything seemed to be in favor for the Octarians, a plug was pulled and caused the Octowhirl and the rest of the Octarian machines to lose power. Nearly 100 years later the Octowhirl was unleased once again by the power of the Zapfish to attack once again.
The Octowhirl is a giant, black, round, clam-like Octoweapon with several black spikes around its body and an antenna. It has Octarian eyes that swap between being white and purple. Its "mouth" is also filled with purple ink, and in that ink is the tentacle present on all Octoweapons.
When Agent 3 arrives at its Kettle in Sector 3, a Zapfish is granted to the Octowhirl. It will then attempt to spin right into Agent 3, and can only be stopped by a large puddle of ink. Once trapped in ink, the Octowhirl's tentacle is revealed and can be splatted. Each time a tentacle is splatted, the Octowhirl will scream loud enough to cause some of the panels on the floor to spin. After its tentacle has been splatted three times, the Octowhirl is defeated and explodes.
- The Octowhirl is based on a mixture of a giant clam and a spinning top or dreidel.
- For reasons unknown, the Octowhirl was not included in The Art of Splatoon.
- Submerging the Octowhirl in ink is done similarly to Octoballs, with the only difference being the amount of ink needed.
- There is a glitch where the Octowhirl's tentacle will remain outside of its shell.
- The Octowhirl is the only Octoweapon that does not lose track of Agent 3 when they hide in ink. It will not attack them, however.
- This is evidenced by the fact that the Octowhirl's eyes will still follow Agent 3 when they are submerged.
|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
The Rampaging Octowhirl! level icon
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||De Tentaculbute||The Tentaculbute|
|Italian||Bivalvus il subacqueo||Bivalvus the underwater|
|Spanish (NOA)||El mortífero Trompobot||The Lethal Spinbot|