|Eye color||Blue with green sclera|
|Location||Octo Valley, Octo Canyon, Deepsea Metro, Alterna|
|“||Ya can't hit those shielded Octojerks from the front!||”|
Shielded Octotroopers are Octarian fighters. They use shields to protect themselves from attacks.
Shielded Octotroopers appear identical to Octotroopers but are equipped with a shield that is similar in appearance to a welding mask. They possess an exposed backside which can be inked to defeat them. Shielded Octotroopers will also rotate to watch the player, making them only vulnerable if the player sneaks up behind them, or distracts them with a sub weapon. In Octo Valley, the shield is impenetrable. However, in Octo Canyon, Return of the Mammalians and the Octo Expansion, their shields can be destroyed instead of having to distract them with any type of sub weapons.
Shielded Octotroopers appear in the first mission but are uncommon afterwards.
- Four Shielded Octotroopers appear in Octotrooper Hideout.
- Two, in Gusher Gauntlet.
- One, in Propeller-Lift Playground.
- Two, at the end of Spreader Splatfest.
- Four, on narrow walkways of Pinwheel Power Plant. Two of these are Shielded Octodivers.
- Return of the Octarians (Mission #1)
- Welcome to Octopia (Mission #2)
- Back-Alley Cleanup (Mission #7)
- Spinning Campground (Mission #8)
- Octoseeker Shakedown (Mission #10)
- The Floating Garden (Mission #11)
- Octo-Resort Spring (Mission #12)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Parking Garage (Mission #14)
- The Experimentorium (Mission #19)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
- Platform Madhouse (Mission #25)
- B11 Tubular 8-Ball Station
- B12 Brute Rollup Station
- B13 Phat Splatz Station
- C09 Bodacious 8-Ball Station
- E03 Don't Ralph Station
- E09 Squee-G Funk Station
- F06 Duh-Oh Station
- F10 Cubular Station
- G04B10 Ink 'n' Slide Station
- G09B05 Wack 8-Ball Station
- H02 Ballercise Station
- I04 Can't Touch This Station
- I08 Radio Station
- J07 Outrageous Station
- Escape 01 Coccyx Phase
- Escape 03 Belly Phase
- Escape 05 Diaphragm Phase
Return of the Mammalians
- 0101 Get to Know Alterna, Your Only Choice
- 0109 The String's the Thing
- 0201 Twirling, Swirling, Whirling
- 0205 Tread Heavily
- 0206 Getting Lost in Three Easy Steps
- 0303 Ink Wheels - Experience Tomorrow's Technology Today!
- 0401 Propellered to Greatness
- 0407 Charge Now, Splat Later
- 0411 Stamp 'Em Out
- 0501 Trouble Round Every Corner
- 0502 The Upside to Enemy Backsides
- 0508 Making Waves with Splashdowns
- 0512 You'll Go Far If You Shoot Far
- 0513 Learn to Reflect, and This One Is in the Bank
- 0603 Torture Tour
- 0606 Keep It Rolling
- 0608 Breathe In, Breathe Out
- 0610 Mission: Fly-Fishin'
- Rocket 01 Alterna Space Center: Entrance
- Rocket 02 Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- Rocket 03 Alterna Space Center: Lift
- Rocket 04 The Spirit Lifter: Steerage
- Rocket 1 Rocket Battle
- In Splatoon, to defeat Shielded Octarians, they must be distracted, making them turn around and show their vulnerable side. Distracting them with bombs is an easy method as they will turn around in surprise. While no longer necessary to defeat them in Splatoon 2, it is still the most effective way to defeat them.
- In Splatoon 2, it is possible to destroy their shields with brute force, though this should only be done if absolutely necessary, as their shields are very durable.
- Hitting a Shielded Octotrooper at the right angle to ignore the shield entirely can also be done, though it usually requires precise aim. It is most easily done with the Hero Slosher.
- It is also possible to simply sneak around through ink while in squid or octopus form, as they are unable to notice.
- In Splatoon 2, using a blaster is one of the best ways to defeat one. Just fire slightly above them and let the splash damage do its work.
- In Splatoon 3, throwing Smallfry at Shielded Octotroopers will damage their shield over time and make them spin wildly (exposing their vulnerable backs).
A Shielded Twintacle Octodiver in Splatoon
Concept art of Octotroopers, with the Shielded Octotrooper's shield at the lower left
Concept art of the shield, from The Art of Splatoon
A Sanitized Shielded Octotrooper, as seen in the Coccyx Phase
A Shielded Blobby Octotrooper, as seen in the Diaphragm Phase
A Sanitized Shielded Twintacle Octotrooper, as seen in the Coccyx Phase
A Sanitized Shielded Rocket Twintacle Octotrooper, as seen in the Coccyx Phase
The Experimentorium icon
Names in other languages
tate tako torūpā
|Shield octopus trooper|
|Dutch||Octoschildrekruut||Octo shield recruit|
|Spanish (NOE)||Octorrecluta blindado||Armored octotrooper|
Dùnpái zhāngyú bīng
|Shield octopus trooper|