Industrial Squee-Gs are similar in design to their consumer-grade variants, in the sense that they both look like a robotic fish with two triangular fins at their sides, a tail at the back, and spikes on the front presumably imitating whiskers. However, Industrial Squee-Gs are much larger and are lethal to both Inkling and Octarian alike. On their flanks, they have a row of vents, and the tail at the back swishes side to side. It has two spinning brushes at the front and stickers indicating that the machine is dangerous. Usually, the Squee-G has armor, Power Eggs, or other items on top of it, and they are usually found on narrow passageways and in large open areas with lots of enemies. They can also be locked in a Vault. Some are even found with Bounce Pads or platforms on top of them.
Like the smaller Squee-Gs, Industrial Squee-Gs suck up any ink that has been left behind by either the player or the Octarians. However, Industrial Squee-Gs are lethal to both parties as they will chase down the player and any Octarians in sight and instantly shatter armor or splat them. In addition, Industrial Squee-Gs are always attached to the ground, and their top sides can be inked. If a player gets on top of an Industrial Squee-G, they can guide its movements by spraying paths of ink.
The Industrial Squee-G has a complex priority list of targets that dictate where it goes at any given time. The list of targets are as follows, from the highest priority to the lowest priority:
- Bombs, including both those thrown by the player and those launched by Octobombers. Indicated by orange flashing lights and sonar.
- The player themselves. Indicated by orange flashing lights and sonar as well.
- Any Octarians. Also indicated by orange flashing lights and sonar.
- Ink from either the player or the Octarians. Indicated by yellow lights.
If none of these targets are available, the Industrial Squee-G will enter an idle mode where it slowly spins in a circle, indicated by cyan lights.
- When dealing with an Industrial Squee-G, the best course of action is to stay off of the level of ground where it is roaming. Industrial Squee-Gs will lose interest if the player climbs up to an elevated platform since they cannot do anything to reach the player up there.
- The Industrial Squee-G has poor handling and turns very slowly even when in pursuit of the player. If the player is being chased by an Industrial Squee-G, they can swim past the side of the Industrial Squee-G and outmaneuver it.
- Since bombs remain the top priority target for Industrial Squee-Gs, throwing a bomb over and behind the Industrial Squee-G can divert their attention in a pinch.
- Back-Alley Cleanup (Mission #7)
- The Experimentorium (Mission #19)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
- Squee-G Funk Station (Station E09)
|This article or section is incomplete or is missing information.|
You can help the wiki by
Names in other languages
Gyōmu-yō Inku Kurīnā
|Business Use Ink Cleaner|
|Dutch||Verfschraper XL||Paint scraper XL|
|German||Mega-Tintenkiller||Mega Ink Eraser|
|Spanish (NOA)||Raspatintas Industrial||Industrial Ink Shaver|
Characters in Splatoon 2