Industrial Squee-Gs are similar in design to regular Squee-Gs in that they both look like robotic fish with two triangular fins at their sides, a tail at the back, and spikes on the front presumably imitating whiskers. However, Industrial Squee-Gs are much larger and are lethal to both Inklings and Octarians. On their flanks, they have a row of vents, and the tail at the back swishes side to side. There are two spinning brushes at the front and stickers indicating that the machine is dangerous. Usually, an Industrial Squee-G has armor, Power Eggs, or other items on top of it, and is found either on narrow pathways or in large open areas with lots of Octarians. They can also be locked in a vault, in which case they will remain stationary until the vault is unlocked. Some are even found with Bounce Pads, platforms or Dash tracks on top of them.
Like the smaller Squee-Gs, Industrial Squee-Gs move towards and suck up any ink that has been left behind by either the player or Octarians. However, Industrial Squee-Gs are lethal to both parties as they will chase down the player and any Octarians in sight and instantly shatter armor or splat them. Octarians who touch an Industrial Squee-G will always be instantly splatted (even Shielded Octotroopers), while the player will be splatted only if their armor is destroyed. In addition, Industrial Squee-Gs are always attached to the ground, and their top sides can be inked and stood on. If a player gets on top of an Industrial Squee-G, they can guide its movements by spraying paths of ink or throwing sub weapons.
The Industrial Squee-G has a priority list of targets that dictate where it goes at any given time. The list of targets is as follows, from the highest to the lowest priority:
- Bombs, including both those thrown by the player and those launched by Octobombers. Indicated by orange flashing lights and sonar.
- The player. Indicated by orange flashing lights and sonar.
- Any Octarians. Indicated by orange flashing lights and sonar.
- Ink from either the player or the Octarians. Indicated by yellow lights.
If none of these targets are available, the Industrial Squee-G will enter an idle mode where it slowly spins in a circle, indicated by cyan lights.
- When dealing with an Industrial Squee-G, the best course of action is to stay off of the level of the ground where it is roaming. Industrial Squee-Gs will lose interest if the player climbs up to an elevated platform since they cannot do anything to reach the player up there.
- The Industrial Squee-G has poor handling and turns very slowly even when in pursuit of the player. If the player is being chased by an Industrial Squee-G, they can swim past the side of the Industrial Squee-G and outmaneuver it.
- Since bombs remain the top priority target for Industrial Squee-Gs, throwing a bomb over and behind the Industrial Squee-G can divert their attention in a pinch.
- Back-Alley Cleanup (Mission #7)
- The Experimentorium (Mission #19)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
Names in other languages
Gyōmu-yō Inku Kurīnā
|Business Use Ink Cleaner|
|Dutch||Verfschraper XL||Paint scraper XL|
|French (NOE)||Méga-Mécabuvard||From the prefix mega, mécanique, and buvard (drinker).|
|German||Mega-Tintenkiller||Mega Ink Eraser|
|Spanish (NOA)||Raspatintas Industrial||Industrial Ink Shaver|