- This article is about the character. For the mission by the same name, see The Ravenous Octomaw!.
The Octomaw was an Octoweapon created during The Great Turf War by the Octarian army. When victory seemed to be upon the Octarians, a plug was pulled and caused the Octomaw and the rest of the Octo Weaponry to shut down. Nearly 100 years later the Octomaw was revived by a Zapfish in order to charge once again.
The Octomaw is a giant metalic Zapfish-like Octoweapon. Its head appears to be made of wire with its body made of scrap quickly put back together. It should also be noted that it has two frog-like feet despite being based off a fish.
During the first game, Agent 3 will encounter it inside a Kettle in Sector 4. When it sees 3, it will charge and try to eat the hero. Thankfully they are able to escape by splating the teeth surounding them. Once Octomaw pops out completley, Agent 3 will be able to throw a Splat Bomb into its mouth revealing the weakspot. In Octomaw's second phase, it will be given stronger purple teeth that is harder to splat. After this phase they will become golden. After the tentacle is splatterized three times, Octomaw will be defeated and blows up.
- The Octomaw appears to have been roughly reinforced with scrap metal, suggesting that the machine has been hurriedly repaired since its last defeat.
- When the player throws a seeker in Octomaw's mouth while it smiles, an exclusive dialogue of agent 1 and 2 will be shown.
- Through out the stage there are several signs that urge you not to use Splat Bombs (a great hint on how to defeat the boss).
- There are easter eggs in boss missions. After killing a boss, a mysterious noise that plays in the background when players don't want to collect the Zapfish yet, even after the bosses defeat. The mysterious noise doesn't appear after defeating the boss in this mission.
- The Boss Salmonid, Maws, has a similar way of attacking. It can also be defeated by a Splat Bomb.
Concept art of the Octomaw, from The Art of Splatoon.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Dentacolar l'affamato||Dentacolar the famished|
|Spanish (NOA)||El voraz Dentabot||The Ravenous Dentalbot|