|“||The band name Hightide Era refers to both the full and brimming nature of the group’s sound and also the ecological realities of the world they live in. Let’s not worry too much about whether Inklings actually understand English or not, ‘kay? Kay.||”|
- Main article: Music
- Piano/vocals: Their Japanese name is "タカ" (Taka). They are a double-lined fusilier and started playing the piano at the age of 4.
- Guitar: Their Japanese name is "ニシダ" (Nishida). They are a herring and the youngest child of their 247 siblings.
- Drums: Their Japanese name is "クゼ" (Kuze) and they're a stonefish. They like clothing and was the one who came up with the band's styling.
- Their logo resembles the Japanese character "鰓" (Era), meaning "gill". This references the species of their members as well as the "Era" in their name, which is the same in the Japanese version of Splatoon.
- Karen, the pianist of Ink Theory, started her band with inspiration from Hightide Era. This is also reflected in the outfits worn by both bands: Hightide Era wears mainly black with red neckties, and Ink Theory wears mainly black with gold ties.
Magazines at Ancho-V Games, with Hightide Era's album art at the right.
Album art of Ink Theory, with its members dressed similarly to Hightide Era.
- SplatoonJP's Twitter post introducing Hightide Era
- Nintendo of America's Tumblr post introducing Hightide Era
Characters in Splatoon