Jump to navigation Jump to search
|“||The band name Hightide Era refers to both the full and brimming nature of the group's sound and also the ecological realities of the world they live in. Let's not worry too much about whether Inklings actually understand English or not, 'kay? Kay.||”|
|Fictional Band||Song Name||Audio|
- Taka (タカ), the band's pianist and vocalist, is a double-lined fusilier and started playing the piano at the age of four. He grew up with an academic background, graduating from the same school as the members of Ink Theory, but got bored of the world and took to the streets instead. He feels most motivated when behind an art desk. He neglects to put a bassist in the band.
- Nishida (ニシダ), the band's guitarist, is a herring and the youngest child of their 247 siblings. They often get nervous when playing the guitar, but usually, are able to provide a clean sound and their techniques are regularly written in a serialized magazine column.
- Kuze (クゼ), the band's drummer, is a stonefish. They enjoy playing the drums for their rough and powerful sound, and even when the performance goes poorly, they feel backed up by the other members. They like clothing and came up with the band's outfits. They play Rainmaker in their free time with Ryū-Chang and Blow Bottom.
- Their logo resembles the Japanese character "鰓" (Era), meaning "gill". This references the species of their members as well as the "Era" in their name, which is the same in the Japanese version of Splatoon.
- Karen, the pianist of Ink Theory, started her band with inspiration from Hightide Era. This is also reflected in the outfits worn by both bands: Hightide Era wears mainly black with red neckties, and Ink Theory wears mainly black with gold ties.
- Hightide Era and ω-3 are the only music artists with known members in the Splatoon series where none of the members are mollusks.
Magazines at Ancho-V Games, with Hightide Era's album art at the right.
Album art of Ink Theory, with its members dressed similarly to Hightide Era.
- SplatoonJP's Twitter post introducing Hightide Era
- Nintendo of America's Tumblr post introducing Hightide Era
Characters in Splatoon