|This article or section involves non-English content|
Things may have an official name in another language, but currently have no official English name.
|“||SashiMori are part of the rising tide of new bands emerging in this post Inklings vs. Octolings world we find ourselves in. They were originally a wall-of-sound style hard rock band, but decided to ditch their domineering singer. Now, the remaining three members—a carp, a cutlassfish, and a scaly-foot—have recruited a 10 year old Octoling DJ (a true genius on the wheels of steel), to form a new band with a new sound, for a new generation.||”|
— Live from the Squid Research Lab
|Fictional Band||Song Name||Audio|
KARLA is the band's bassist. They are a scaly-foot gastropod and are quite silent, rarely talking even in interviews. Prior to joining this band, they were part of a now disbanded band that utilized noisy death-metal vocals, which they were able to withstand thanks to their ironclad body. Much about their life is unknown, including their age, and whether or not they eat anything. However, it is stated that they do not appear to have bad intentions.
DJ Paul is the band's DJ. He is a ten-year old Octoling, and his favorite foods are kelp and biscuits. He remixes from sources including DJ Real Sole, DJ Octavio, and various ancient records, and is surprisingly talented for his age. According to the Japanese Fam vs. Friend dialogue, he is friends with Marina.
Ryū-Chang is the band's drummer. They are a koi carp and come from the base of Mount Nantai in an area with a mountain stream. They are 35 years old and grew up in a prestigious home, but went hardcore during their teenage years, dedicating themselves to punk rock. They enjoy illustration as a hobby, and designed the band's mascot. They play Rainmaker on a team with Kuze and Blow Bottom.
Taichi Sawaberu (サワベル たいち)
Taichi Sawaberu is the band's guitarist. They are a largehead hairtail, and come from an instrumental background, though they formed the band when they wished to incorporate accompanied singing. They had a negative opinion of DJ Paul when he initially joined the band, considering him tiny and awful, but recently they have changed their mind. They are a prestigious studio musician, and they participate in many activities outside the band.
Album art from Splatoon 2.
- The band does not have a vocalist, instead sampling from various interconnected voice clips said to come from ancient records. It is said that these vocals are different from those of any sea creature, implying that these may be human voices.
- DJ Paul bears some resemblance to Dedf1sh, with both having the same skull or octopus icon on their headwear and wearing black tops. Whether or not this means anything is unknown.
- KARLA was initially designed as one of the denizens of the deep, as can be seen in concept art in HaikaraWalker. For unknown reasons, their design did not make it in-game, but was later repurposed as a member of SashiMori.
- The band's mascot character is called "Wasabi" or "ワサビくん" in Japanese, and it appears to be shavings of wasabi with a face. This character was designed by Ryū-Chang, the band's drummer.
- The album art for SashiMori contains different kinds of ingredients used in assorted sashimi, some of which include salmon, salmon roe, tuna, mackeral, cucumber, chrysanthemum, and shiso leaf. Largehead hairtail, the species of the band's guitarist, is also often sliced into sashimi.
- When asked if Pearl is the former vocalist of the band, Hisashi Nogami left it "to your imagination".
Names in other languages
|Japanese||SashiMori (サシモリ)||Assorted sashimi. An abbreviation for Sashimi moriawase.|