|This article or section is a stub.
You can help the wiki by to it.
|“||This Jellyfish gentleman goes by the name Jelfonzo, and he runs Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe. And check out his origin story: one day he just split off of Jelonzo in Inkopolis Plaza, and there he was! I think that makes him Jelonzo’s son? He apparently learned to speak Inkling from an ancient text of some sort, so his speech sounds a bit outdated (to say the least). But don’t let that fool you. When it comes to fashion, this dapper dude is always up on the hottest trends.||”|
— Squid Research Lab
Jelfonzo apparently "split" off of Jelonzo, the Jellyfish responsible for running Jelly Fresh, Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe's equivalent in Inkopolis Plaza, and therefore could be considered Jelonzo's son. He studied the Inkling language through ancient texts, thus adapting fairly outdated terminology (as demonstrated in the name of Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe). Despite this, he is still up to date with the freshest trends.
Similar to Jelzono, Jelfonzo's appearance is not constant, as he wears different shirts each day. However, his bow tie and hat remain the same, though the latter changes color.
North America (English)
- "Welcome to Ye Olde Clo- Fie! Thou hast all the freshness of a piece of salted cod! Lo! A salted codpiece! Could I but help thee, I would... alas I must turn thee hence. Thou hast not the level required for my wares. Shouldst thou reach level 4, mine arms shall be open." - When a player below Level 4 enters the shop.
- "Welcome to Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe. Shouldst thou here thy coin spend, unto me shall great profit be! Prithee listen, for my gear hath abilities which will grant unto thee victory, glory... and coin. Coin which, in turn, will allow thee fresh gear. (Fattening my pockets all the while...) Thou shouldst hitteth for more information about abilities." - When a player at Level 4 or higher enters the shop for the first time.
- "How dost thou, cousin?" - When the player enters the shop.
- "Wouldst thou buy?" - When the player selects a piece of clothing.
- "Wouldst thou equip?" - When the player purchases a piece of clothing.
- "Thank thee kindly. Should thy wish to change thy robes, thou may hitteth Equip." - After the player chooses whether to equip a new piece of clothing.
- ”Thank thee kindly. Alas, thou may not change thy robes in the midst of a Splatfest.” -After the player buys a piece of clothing during a Splatfest.
- Jelfonzo's Japanese name is "Bizen" and Jelonzo's Japanese name is "Echizen"; both are names of historic provinces of Japan.
- In a developer interview, it was revealed that Jelfonzo is Jelonzo's child by asexual reproduction.
Names in other languages
|From Bizen kurage (Flame jellyfish)|
|Dutch||Kwalfons||Pun on Alfons (a male name) and kwal (jellyfish)|
|French||Gégé Latineux||From gelatineux (gelatinous) and latin, also similar to G. Latineux (Jelonzo)|
|German||Johann-Quallhelm (Jo-Q)||From Qualle (jellyfish), also similar to Jean-Qualle (Jelonzo), with even the same initials (J.Q)|
|Italian||Cnidario||Cnidaria is the scientific term for the jellyfish group|
|Spanish||M. Duardo||From medusa (jellyfish) and Eduardo (a male name), also similar to M. Duso (Jelonzo)|
Characters in Splatoon 2