|“||The rock band Wet Floor are the latest sensation in the Inkling world. Their songs are an enticing blend of different genres, and they’re especially popular with the kids right now.||”|
Wet Floor is a five-piece band appearing in Splatoon 2.
|Fictional Band||Song Name||Audio|
|Wet Floor||Inkoming! (Cloud Demo)|
|Now or Never!|
|Ink Another Day|
|“||This guy plays synthesizer and is the group’s founder. He’s out to restore some indie dignity to Inkopolis’s music scene that’s lately been taken over by giant pop stars. When it comes to songwriting, he lets others take the initiative. He prefers tinkering with sounds to performing, and the studio is a much more comfortable place for him than the stage.||”|
His Japanese name is KAGI and he is an Inkling. According to the HaikaraWalker art book, he founded the band using social networking services. He does not like performing live, rather spending time in the studio.
Vocals & Guitar
|“||Wet Floor also has two members that play guitar and provide vocals. The guy on the left is a fan of vintage rock sounds. You can hear it in the sharp, jangly rhythms of his riffs. The girl on the right is a faithful follower of the church of punk rock, and she carves out riffs with a more hunky, bass-heavy sound. These two don’t always see eye-to-eye, but when they’re in the groove, their two distinct sounds meld into a medley of magical music.||”|
- MIZOLE is the male Inkling on guitar and vocals, and he is a fan of vintage rock sounds, as well as jazz and soul music. He considers himself a rival to the Squid Squad, particularly ICHIYA, and is responsible for the band's composition. Usually, he tries to create music that exceeds others' expectations.
- RYAN is the female Inkling on guitar and vocals, and is a fan of punk rock music, including Squid Squad. Despite their differences, she works alongside MIZOLE on composition, and complements him by holding the same role in the band.
|“||These two bring a fast-paced technical beat to the group’s sound that’s every bit as crucial as the members who play up front. The guy on bass has a trademark string-slapping style, while the drummer uses her multiple limbs to keep a driving, super-stable backbeat. The friendly rivalry these two share makes the band sizzle with thrilling rhythm.||”|
- KAZAMI is the band's drummer, and she is a candy crab. She does technical work for the band, listening to the recordings made by MIZOLE and RYAN and spending time to fix them. She enjoys watching MIZOLE and RYAN happily make music with each other, despite their arguments.
- TSUMABUSHI is the band's bassist, and he is a cutthroat eel. He is a self-paced, "big brother" personality for the rest of the band, and builds a thrilling rhythm team with KAZAMI. He has a trademark string-slapping style, and since most of their songs are only recorded once, he usually plays his part from only a quick look at the score. He plays at his strongest in the morning.
On 12 July 2017, an EP containing three songs and a version of Inkoming! performed by Wet Floor Shibuya released in Japan. It is part of a collaboration with Tower Records. On July 30th, 2017, Wet Floor Shibuya performed at the Shibuya location of Tower Records. Tickets were given to those who purchased the album there at release.
Music composed by Toru Minegishi
- Rip Entry
- Endolphin Surge
- Inkoming! (performed by Wet Floor Shibuya)
Hiroaki Takeuchi (vocals)
Sachiko Watabe (vocals)
Akitoshi Kuroda (guitar)
Kei Yamazaki (drums)
- Their name and album art was revealed in the 14 January 2017 Nintendo Switch livestream.
- There is a piece of gear themed after the band, being the Wet Floor Band Tee.
- An incomplete version of the album art was shown by the Squid Research Lab Tumblr account, while the @SplatoonJP Twitter account had art that looked finalized.
|This article or section is a stub.|
You can help the wiki by to it.
Characters in Splatoon 2