||Inkling; Lobster; Sea Anemone; Unknown
||2 Male; 2 Female
- Takashi "CO-K" Takayoshi (Guitar)
- Shuntarō Kado (Drums)
||These guys are the Chirpy Chips. With their sea anemone lead singer and a sparkling electronic sound, this unique four-piece has been setting the Inkopolis Top 40 on fire! Take a listen to their latest single, Shellfie, which is also the background music you’ll be hearing during battles now!
The Chirpy Chips (NA/EU/OC), or ABXY (JP), is a four-person chiptune-style band. Their songs were added in Splatoon's August Update.
- Main article: Music
The Chirpy Chip's songs include Shellfie and Split and Splat; both can be heard during multiplayer battles.
- The Chirpy Chips are the first band in Splatoon to have their name changed for localization. Their original Japanese name, ABXY, is likely a reference to the , , , and buttons on the Wii U GamePad and other Nintendo controllers.
- The text on their album art loosely resembles this name.
- Additionally, the format of their Japanese name is likely a reference to the Japanese chiptune band YMCK, which has a similar style of music.
- The first member wears a shirt with a design with what could be the Inkling version of .
- Like Annie, the third member from the left is a sea anemone, with similar eyes and a fish in her "hair".
- The design on the fourth member's shirt is a reference to the cover art for Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon.
- The Heavy Splatling Remix appears to be a Chirpy Chips-themed weapon: it has a sticker on the side with their name in Inkling, its color scheme is similar to that of their album art, and "Remix" may be a reference to their electronic style. However, this connection is never addressed in-game.
Magazines at Ancho-V Games, with the Chirpy Chips' album art at the lower left.
Back view, with the other side of the sticker.