"This is the only existing photograph of the legendary Squidbeak Splatoon. The young man folding his arms appears to be the leader. When the picture was taken, the Great Turf War had been raging on for over a year." -Sunken Scroll 15
The Squidbeak Splatoon was a platoon of soldiers who fought against the Octarians during the Great Turf War. It was led by Cap'n Cuttlefish, and its members included Ammoses Shellendorf, Judd, a male Inkling, and a female Inkling. The group used Bamboozlers in combat.
- Cap'n Cuttlefish- Cap'n Cuttlefish was the leader of the Squidbeak Splatoon. He wore the original Legendary Cap, along with a button-down shirt, khaki pants, a belt, and boots. His shirt was adorned with three medals of unknown value.
- Ammoses Shellendorf- Ammoses Shellendorf was a member of the Squidbeak Splatoon. He was a horseshoe crab who excelled in designing weapons, and likely designed the original Bamboozler used during the Great Turf War. He is also the grandfather of Sheldon, who currently manages Ammo Knights.
- Judd- Judd was a feline member of the Squidbeak Splatoon who presumably joined after he was awakened from his cryogenic slumber. His exact function in the platoon remains unknown, as he does not appear to be able to manage a weapon. Judd currently judges matches of Turf War and Ranked Battle, and can often be seen sleeping on a pillow in Inkopolis Plaza.
- Male Inkling- This Squidbeak Splatoon member's identity is unknown. He can be seen in Sunken Scroll 15 wearing an Ink Tank on his back.
- Female Inkling- This Squidbeak Splatoon member's identity is unknown. She can be seen in Sunken Scroll 15 leaning against a rock.
New Squidbeak Splatoon
The New Squidbeak Splatoon was formed by Cap'n Cuttlefish after the Great Zapfish was stolen by the Octarians. He recruited his granddaughters, Callie and Marie, into the platoon to search for the missing Zapfish, and later persuaded Agent 3 to join the platoon as well. The New Squidbeak Splatoon successfully defeated the Great Octoweapons and DJ Octavio on two different occasions, recapturing the stolen Zapfish and restoring power to Inkopolis.
- Agent 1- Agent 1, or Callie, is a member of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. She wears a pink beanie decorated with a large golden star, a pink sweatshirt, and sunglasses to conceal her identity. Agent 1 is the cousin of Agent 2. In the final boss battle, Agents 1 and 2 hijack DJ Octavio's transmission and play Calamari Inkantation, allowing Cap'n Cuttlefish to escape. Agent 1 is never directly seen; she is only acknowledged through Cap'n Cuttlefish's monologues and DJ Octavio's radio transmissions.
- Agent 2- Agent 2, or Marie, is a member of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. She wears a green hat embroidered with an orange emblem, a green shirt, and a surgical mask to conceal her identity. Agent 2 is the cousin of Agent 1. In the final boss battle, Agents 1 and 2 hijack DJ Octavio's transmission and play Calamari Inkantation, allowing Cap'n Cuttlefish to escape. Agent 2 is never directly seen; she is only acknowledged through Cap'n Cuttlefish's monologues and DJ Octavio's radio transmissions.
- Agent 3- Agent 3, or the player character in Splatoon, is a member of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. They entered Octo Valley through a grate in Inkopolis Plaza, and were immediately greeted by Cap'n Cuttlefish, who gave them the Hero Suit. While donning the Hero Suit, a hand-me-down from Agents 1 and 2, Agent 3 is instructed to traverse the underground Octarian bases in Octo Valley through devices called Kettles. Agent 3 defeated the Great Octoweapons and DJ Octavio, recapturing stolen Zapfish and, eventually, the Great Zapfish along the way.
- Agent 4- Agent 4, or the player Character in Splatoon 2 is the newest member of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. They entered Octo Canyon through a grate in Inkopolis Square, and promptly met Marie, who gave them the new Hero Suit and entrusted them with finding the missing Great Zapfish and Callie. Making their way through the Octarians' new base, Agent 4 eventually found and defeated DJ Octavio, freeing Callie from his mind control and rescuing the Great Zapfish.
- The Squidbeak Splatoon is likely the reason Splatoon is named as such.
- Splatoon is a portmanteau of splat and platoon.
- If the player talks to Marie in Splatoon 2 for too long she might mention that she might have go and look for an Agent 5.
Names in other languages