The Squidbeak Splatoon was a platoon of soldiers who fought against the Octarians during the Great Turf War. It was led by Cap'n Cuttlefish, and its members included Ammoses Shellendorf, Judd, a male Inkling, and a female Inkling. The group used Bamboozlers in combat.
- Cap'n Cuttlefish - Captain Craig Cuttlefish was the leader of the Squidbeak Splatoon. He wore the original Cap of Legend, along with a button-down shirt, khaki pants, a belt, and boots. His shirt was adorned with three medals of unknown value.
- Ammoses Shellendorf - A horseshoe crab who excelled in designing weapons and likely designed the original Bamboozler used during the Great Turf War. He is also the grandfather of Sheldon, who currently manages Ammo Knights.
- Judd - A feline member of the Squidbeak Splatoon who presumably joined after he was awakened from his cryogenic slumber. His exact function in the platoon remains unknown, as he does not appear to be able to manage a weapon. Judd currently judges matches of Turf War and Ranked Battle and can often be seen sleeping on a pillow in Inkopolis. In Splatoon 2, he is joined by his clone Li'l Judd.
- Male Inkling - This Squidbeak Splatoon member's identity is unknown. He can be seen in Sunken Scroll 15 wearing an ink tank on his back.
- Female Inkling - This Squidbeak Splatoon member's identity is unknown. She can be seen in Sunken Scroll 15 leaning against a rock with an ink tank on her back.
New Squidbeak Splatoon
- Main article: New Squidbeak Splatoon
During the events of Splatoon, around 100 years after the Great Turf War, Cap'n Cuttlefish founded a second, more secret platoon named the New Squidbeak Splatoon in response to the return of the Octarians. Its initial members were Callie as Agent 1 and Marie as Agent 2. The player's Inkling in Splatoon is recruited as Agent 3. In Splatoon 2, the player is recruited as Agent 4, and several affiliates are also made, such as Sheldon. In Splatoon 3, the player is recruited as the new Agent 3 upon Cuttlefish's retirement and the original Agent 3's promotion to Captain.
- The Squidbeak Splatoon is likely the reason Splatoon is named as such.
- 'Splatoon' is a portmanteau of 'splat' and 'platoon'.
Names in other languages
|French||L'escadron Espadon||The swordfish squadron|
|Italian||Divisione Branchia||Gill Division|
|Russian||Отряд специального назначения «Спрут»
Otryad spetsial'nyy naznacheniya «Sprut»
|Special assignment squad «Sprut»|
|Spanish||Comando Branquias||Gills Command|
|Squid mouth Unit|
Characters in Splatoon
Characters in Splatoon 2