Bamboozler 14 Mk I
The Bamboozler 14 Mk I has an extremely high charge rate, the highest of the chargers, allowing shots to be fired off in quick succession. It also has decent range and mobility. However, while it is the quickest charger, it is also the weakest; it cannot splat an enemy in one hit, even when fully charged. However, unlike other chargers, the range remains constant regardless of its charge.
The Bamboozler 14 Mk I is a modernized working replica of a weapon once used by a legendary commander! Its nostalgic appearance is faithful to the weaponry of the time, but its range and firepower aren't great. However, it charges quickly and is pretty powerful at max range, so set up that Splash Wall and get sniping! Oh, and it also features the powerful Killer Wail! Step into the shoes of the legendary captains with this classic!(NA)[a]
|“||"A reissue of a weapon used during the Great Turf War. It charges up extremely quickly and boasts great range even when not fully charged. Unfortunately, it is rather weak."||”|
— In-game description(NA)[a]
|“||"A reissue of a weapon used during the Great Turf War. It charges up extremely quickly, and boasts great range even when not fully charged. Unfortunately, it is rather weak."||”|
— In-game description(EU/OC)[b]
|“||The Bamboozler 14 Mk I is a reissue of a weapon used during the Great Turf War. It charges up extremely quickly and boasts great range even when not fully charged.||”|
- North America
- Europe and Oceania
An Inkling running with the Bamboozler 14 Mk I equipped
Firing the Bamboozler 14 Mk I from up high in Urchin Underpass (front)
Firing the Bamboozler 14 Mk I in Urchin Underpass (behind)
Comparison between the uncharged shot of the Bamboozler and that of other chargers
Official art of Cap'n Cuttlefish with his Bamboozler
Sunken Scroll 14, showing various Inkling soldiers holding Bamboozlers
Sunken Scroll 15, showing a younger Cap'n Cuttlefish with his Bamboozler
The Bamboozler 14 Mk I is an exception to the piercing mechanic that other charger-type weapons in Splatoon 2 have. Shots do not pierce through enemies, even if fully charged. Although it cannot store a charge like other chargers, it can charge a shot while in the air.
- The Bamboozler 14 Mk I is a lightweight weapon.
- Ink consumption scales from 2.8% to 7% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 7% allows players to fire 14 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The Bamboozler 14 Mk I cannot store its charge.
- It takes 0.33 seconds to fully charge the weapon.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 20%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 1.67 seconds.
- When charging a shot while in the air, the charge rate is 40%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 0.83 seconds.
- Fully charged shots will not pierce opponents.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.6 units per frame.
- Damage scales from 30 to 85 depending on the charge level.
- Shot velocity is always 40, regardless of charge level.
- Shot distance is always 195.64, regardless of charge level.
The Bamboozler 14 Mk I is a tribute to a weapon used by the leader of a legendary squid squad, but it’s been retooled for the battles of today! I’ve used bamboo in my version to remain faithful to the original design, but as a trade-off it can’t store a charged shot. It lacks the damage of some other chargers, but it has a good rate of fire and provides decent mobility when fully charged! With the included Curling Bombs, you can be effective at any range! When the time’s right, you can also unleash the Tenta Missiles!
- The Bamboozler 14 Mk I is a modernized version of the Bamboozler used in the Great Turf War.
- Cap'n Cuttlefish uses an old Bamboozler as a cane.
- The Bamboozler 14 can fire fourteen shots before the user needs to refill their ink supply.
- The Bamboozler has the quickest charge for any charger in the game, excluding the Grizzco Charger.
- The Bamboozler is the only charger that cannot one-hit kill at full charge.
- The Bamboozler cannot hold its charge like every other un-scoped charger can, even though it does not have a scope.
- With a full set of Damage Up in Splatoon, or three mains and four subs of Main Power Up in Splatoon 2, this weapon will be able to reach 99.9 damage with only about 5/6 of a charge, or at full charge, respectively. Since the range is the same no matter the charge, this can prove useful, since if an enemy steps in the player's ink, they can be splatted with only one shot.
- This weapon is used on the following Octo Expansion levels:
Names in other languages
Hitoyon-shiki Takedzutsu Jū: Kō
|Type 14 Bamboo Pipe Gun: First|
|Dutch||Bamboem 14-A||From bamboe (bamboo) and boem (boom) + 14-A|
|French||Bimbamboum Mk I||From bamboo and boom, but it also sound like a nonsensical bim, bam, bum", mark I.|
|German||Klotzer 14-A||Slogger 14-A|
|Italian||Bimbamboom 14-I||From bamboo and boom, but it also sound like a nonsensical bim, bam, bum".|
|From bambuk (bamboo) and boom|
|Spanish (NOA)||Bamzuka 14-I||From bamboo and bazooka, 14-I|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bambufusil 14-I||Bamboorifle 14-I|