When thrown, the Ink Storm creates a rain cloud of ink. The rain cloud gradually drifts above the map and sprinkles the ground in Ink.
|“||Throw this device to generate a rain cloud of ink. The cloud gradually moves away from where the device was thrown.||”|
— In-game Description
- This special is infinite, meaning you can walk with this special without it disappearing, this gives you a lot of time to relocate and aim it.
- Without Special Performance Up, this special cannot splat a single opponent that does not move (try using the special on the dummies in the testing area). This special is like a Killer Wail from the original Splatoon, it doesn't splat but instead pressurizes opponents into either tanking the Ink Storm or moving away from it.
- This special can be seen as a pressurizer and a damage dealing AoE, the Ink Storm can be seen as a faster deploying Tenta Missiles, just with lower range.
- There is not much you can do to stop an Inkstorm, because it deploys very quickly. Exit the Inkstorm as quickly as you can, as the damage can stack quickly, you can't regenerate your health in the Inkstorm.
- ▲ Increased radius of affect by roughly 13%.
- ▲ Decreased points required to use the Ink Storm special for most main weapons it is paired with.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers by the storm by roughly 150%.
- — Fixed an issue causing the predicted range of the sub weapon to incorrectly display when readying an Ink Storm special while also equipped with either a Point Sensor or Toxic Mist sub weapon.
- — Fixed an issue causing the inking effect of an Ink Storm special to occur unnaturally when the storm intersected with a roof or other similar object in a stage.
The Ink Storm as it is pouring ink on the map and splatting enemy inklings in Starfish Mainstage.
An Inkling preparing to throw the Ink Storm itself.
Names in other languages
|Anaspidea, literally "rain-maker"|
|French||Pluie d'encre||Ink rain|
|Italian||Pioggia di colore||Rain of color|