When using the special move, an Inkling will enter the Baller. This allows them to move quickly and take less damage while inking the ground as they move, and also allows them to walk up walls. If is held while in the bubble, or after a set period of time, the Baller explodes, covering the surrounding area in ink. The Baller being inked results in it shrinking, eventually disappearing, instead of the Inkling using it taking damage.
- ▲ During use, reduced amount of damage received from opponent Shooters (excluding Blasters), Splatlings, and Dualies by 40%.
- ▲ Made the Baller less likely to be knocked back when hit with enemy attacks.
- ▲ Increased durability of the Baller by .5 seconds when the gear ability “Special Power Up” isn’t being used. (Durability when using the maximum amount of “Special Power Up” remains unchanged. )
- ▲ Increased damage radius of explosion by roughly 17% and radius of ink coverage by roughly 7%.
- ▲ Increased minimum damage caused by explosion: 30.0 → 55.0
- ▲ Increased power of explosion to knock back opponents.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers by bursting bubbles by roughly 150%.
- ▼ Made movement of the Baller easier to hear for surrounding players.
- ▼ Decreased the radius of minimum damage (55 damage) dealt by the explosion of the Baller by roughly 14% when Special Power Up isn’t being used.
- ※ Due to changes in gear ability balancing, this radius will be the same as it was previously when the maximum amount of Special Power Up is being used.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Cromosfera||Cromo is an unspecified color-related suffix (that could be translated simply as "colored"), Sfera (ball)|
|From шар shar (ball)|
|Spanish||Esfera tintera||Ink Sphere|