Custom Hydra Splatling
The Hydra Splatling must be charged up to fire a continuous spray of ink, like all splatlings. It distinguishes itself from the others by having the longest range and slowest charge time. It is the only splatling capable of splatting opponents with three ink bullets, as it has an exclusive high-damage feature that activates when the weapon is fully charged. The Hydra Splatling's weight class is heavyweight, so mobility will be impaired when it is equipped, even when not attacking with the weapon. Each full charge consumes 35% of the ink tank capacity, allowing players to fire two full charges (or five half charges) before needing to refill their ink supply.
The Custom Hydra Splatling was released on 16 January 2016 at 02:00 UTC. It is the Custom version of the Hydra Splatling and was falsely said to be the final weapon to be released. It comes as a set with Sprinkler and Bubbler.
- The Custom Hydra Splatling is a heavyweight weapon.
- The full charge ink consumption of 35% allows players to fully charge 2 times before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When charging the weapon on the group, it will take 120 frames in order to charge its first ring and 150 frames in total for a full charge.
- With a single ring charged, it will have a firing duration of 120 frames. With a full charge, it will have a firing duration of 240 frames.
- When firing, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between bullets.
- When firing, the player's movement speed is set to 0.6 units per frame.
- When charging, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a bullet is in the air for more than 11 frames after being fired, it loses 2 damage per frame until it reaches 16 damage at frame 19.
- Bullets have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 3 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 6 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Custom Hydra Splatling has a 0.3% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 0.3%.
- The bullet's velocity is set to 19.4 units, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Paint droplets occur every 235 units.
- The frequency at which paint drips from a bullet occurs at a rate of 1 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 17.5 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 250 units of the player have a radius of 16 units.
- All other paint droplets have a radius of 11.2 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.5 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.5 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
|View the quotation page.|
- In Splatoon, at 29,900, the Custom Hydra Splatling is the most expensive Splatling, and the second most expensive weapon in the game.
- After the Custom Hydra Splatling's release, Nintendo had stated that it would be the last downloadable weapon coming to Splatoon.
- However, on 3 March 2016 Nintendo Direct presentation contradicted this. It showed at least eight new weapons that would be released.
Custom Hydra Splatling is derived from Custom; Hydra, a mythological multi-headed water monster, and a portmanteau of Splat and Gatling. Hydra may also be short for Hydrant, since the Custom Hydra Splatling is based on a fire hydrant in design. The prefix Custom is also used to differentiate it from the Hydra Splatling. This trait is shared among the other alternate sets of the Custom brand.
ハイドラントカスタム Haidoranto Kasutamu is derived from Hydrant and Custom. Hydrant refers to a fire hydrant. Like the English name, "Custom" is also used to differentiate it from Hydrant.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Gemodde Blusling||Modded blussen (to extinguish) + gatling|
|French||Exteinteur modifié||Modified extintor|
|German||Hydrant SE||Special Edition Hydrant|
|Italian||Idrante CM||Hydrant CM|
|Show-off Gorinitch (legendary three headed dragon, similar to a hydra)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Garabateador HD adaptado||Scribbler HD adapted|
|Spanish (NOE)||Extintador SP||From Entintador SP (Inker SP) and extintor (fire extinguisher)|