When activated, the Inkling can lock onto up to five opponents using and fire four homing missiles per opponent locked onto.
|“||If you press , this will fire missiles at all enemies that you tag with your cursor. The more enemies you tag, the more effective it is.||”|
— In-game Description
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers when shooting ink by roughly 50%.
- ▲ Reduced the interval between missile launches when locked on to multiple targets in proportion to the number of targets.
- Locking on to as many opponents as possible will maximize the number of missiles that are fired. However, this will also extend the firing animation and leave the user exposed for a slightly longer period of time.
- To prevent this, get into a safe spot and perform a Super Jump back to the respawn point, which will likely give you enough of a vantage point to lock onto and shoot down most or all foes. The farther you are, the more chances you will have to track the entire enemy team.
- After the special is activated and fired, markers appear that show where the missiles land. Move away from marked spots to avoid the missiles,and avoid your teammates, as you could end up getting them splatted.
- There will be a ring with about 3 or 4 arrows surrounding your Inkling to show how many missiles are still left, check that to make sure you know how many are left so you can avoid them all, if you are at the receiving end of this special.
- Tenta Missiles can also locate opponents; While aiming and firing, small circles will appear on the user's screen at the points opponents are at. It is unknown if the ability Cold Blooded affects this.
An Inkling using the Tenta Missiles.
- The Tenta missile launcher appears to be some modified soda crates, as hinted by the logo which looks like a certain cola brand, and can be found on vending machines around the square. This is further hinted at by the fact that the projectiles that the Tenta Missile launchers shoot look like soda bottles of some sort.
- In Salmon Run, the Flyfish appears to use its own version of the Tenta Missiles.
- Based on word from Nintendo representatives during preview events for Splatoon 2, early versions of the Tenta Missiles may have fired a fixed ten missiles as opposed to the current version which varies depending on the number of opponents targeted.
Names in other languages
|From каракатица karakatitsa, cuttlefish|
|This article or section is a stub.
You can help the wiki by to it.
Weapons in Splatoon 2