The Flingza Roller is a main weapon in Splatoon 2.
The Flingza Roller is capable of long-range vertical swings like the Dynamo Roller, while not having to share the low mobility of the Dynamo Roller. As a trade-off, its damage at long-range is lower than the Dynamo Roller. For horizontal swings, the swing speed and damage of the Flingza Roller is between the Carbon Roller and the Splat Roller. Each horizonal swing consumes 8% of the ink-tank capacity, allowing for 12 swings before needing to refill. Each vertical swing consumes 12%, allowing for eight swings. Like other roller-type weapons, the Flingza Roller can be pushed along the ground to cover turf while moving, and only needs one well-aimed ink-fling attack to splat an opponent.
The Flingza Roller comes with Splash Walls and Splat-Bomb Launcher.
- ▲ Increased movement speed when the roller is being swung overhead.
- ▲ Made it easier to ink the ground in front of you when using a horizontal swing.
- ▲ Increased range of ink flung by a horizontal swing by roughly 17%.
- ▲ Increased range at which maximum damage is dealt by a horizontal swing by 25%.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers with either a vertical or horizontal swing by roughly 40%.
- ▲ Decreased the knock back distance when coming into contact with a roller that has run out of ink or is in mid-air.
- — Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticule to display outside the center of the screen when moving the camera and using a roller or brella-type weapon.
- ▲ Vertical fling painting range extended
- ▲ Vertical fling indirect hit damage range expanded, the area where the damage is above 50.0 was lengthened by about 13%
- ▲ Vertical fling direct hit damage range expanded, the area where the damage is above 100.0 was lengthened by about 11%
- ▼ Special Points: 180 → 190
- ▲ Adjusted distance at which damage from a horizontal swing begins to decrease. Increased distances at which damage exceeding 100.0 is dealt by roughly 9% and exceeding 50.0 damage is dealt by roughly 12%.
- ▲ Decreased ink consumption when inking the ground with the roller while moving at top speed by roughly 33%.
- ▲ Extended range in which a horizontal swing will deal 100.0 or more damage by roughly 5%.
- ▲ Special Points: 190 → 180
- ▲ When rolling, the time to reach the maximum speed has been reduced by 30/60 of a second.
- ▲ Increased movement speed while vertical flinging by about 11%.
- ▲ Adjusted the damage attenuation range of the vertical swing, and slightly lowered the maximum damage to compensate.
- The combined effect makes it so that the range in which 100.0 or more damage is dealt has been increased by 5%, making this an overall buff.
Fire from the Flingza Roller.
The Flingza Roller immediately after hitting the ground, demonstrating its horizontal swing.
- The vertical swing on the Flingza Roller has a bit of a unique characteristic that it does send ink droplets to the left and right. These droplets will not do damage but will ink a bit of turf.
- The Flingza Roller is visually designed after after a fountain pen. The idle stance and vertical swing show the nib (also seen in the promo image above) while the horizontal swing and rolling stance have the pen with its cap on.
Names in other languages